Skip to content

[Spoiler] Bridgefort quest help

2»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    edited December 2016
    thanks I'll give it another shot.
    *EDIT* Okay its done, sadly I have no saves around there anymore.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LorandarLorandar Member Posts: 33
    Digging up this old thread because I ran into the same bug while playing SoD on iPad. A bit weird to encounter this issue 2 years after the bug has been reported, and quite annoying at that.
    I have only 1 saved game available from the start of Chapter 9. Since I cannot use the console on iPad, I was wonderring what my options are.
    Either I have to replay Chapter 9 entirely, choosing different dialogue options with Khalid, or I have to accept the bug and try my best with the frontal assault.
    Would replaying the chapter allow me to set the correct variables, or would these no longer be set correctly once the bug has been encountered?
    Thanks for any advise.
    JuliusBorisov
  • LorandarLorandar Member Posts: 33
    In case anyone runs into the same bug: replaying the chapter and choosing different dialogue options with Khalid helped.
    JuliusBorisov
  • NugrudNugrud Member Posts: 4
    Lorandar wrote: »
    Digging up this old thread because I ran into the same bug while playing SoD on iPad. A bit weird to encounter this issue 2 years after the bug has been reported, and quite annoying at that.

It's April 2020 and it just hit me.
    Same issue. I'm not sure what's going on in the scripts, but it appears that bd_bf_attack isn't being set at all as far as I can see and that's the variable that is checked for the dialogue for the attack. Work-around using the console:

C:SetGlobal("bd_bf_attack", "GLOBAL", 1)

I have no idea if it'd mess up anything, but it'll give the dialogue.

Thanks!!! That worked!

• crunkfreshcrunkfresh Member Posts: 1
    signed up to say that as of 2/23/2021 this bug still exists lol

C:SetGlobal("bd_bf_attack", "GLOBAL", 1) console command seems to have worked. will update if anything gets janky afterwards
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Can you please provide a save (zip and attach to a comment) so that I could test in the 2.6 beta?
  • ZeckulZeckul Member Posts: 1,036
    Happened to me as well. The bd_bf_attack variable does not exist. Setting it with C:SetGlobal("bd_bf_attack", "GLOBAL", 1) makes Otilda give you the appropriate dialogue.

I added a save, @JuliusBorisov .
    Happened to me as well. The bd_bf_attack variable does not exist. Setting it with C:SetGlobal("bd_bf_attack", "GLOBAL", 1) makes Otilda give you the appropriate dialogue.

I'd like to upload a save, but the forum software is telling me I am "not allowed to upload files in this category".
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Try now.