Skip to content

[mod] Weasels!

2»

Comments

• AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Good!
    Do translations need to be updated?
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,700
    Nope :) It was mostly some additional coding and technical changes :) Everything should work fine :)
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Perfect! Thank you so much!
  • erianneerianne Member Posts: 13
    Minor Problem - Maybe too many Mods

After defeating Tarnesh and reading his Weasel-Scroll I get the first Wild-Mage-Spell in my book. Thinking it could be a problem of the scroll and my eet-maximized mega-mod installation. I have installed nearly everything in BWs plus more individual selected mods and parts, including wild-mage mods.
    Looking in ee-keeper to give the spell - it isn‘t in the game. But Astral-Weasels is up and functional (cluad, read, worked).
    In a former - very smaller eet-installation it was functional - and I am sure this will be only the first of many strange things. Maybe the mod needs to be installed later in BWS to avoid the disappearing of this spell. Weidu only says everything’s fine.
    Next I will install the spell with NI or DLCTEP - I want my weasels back!!
    There is a chance that some other mod override spell instead of using ADD_SPELL... Anyway, with megainstallations it's really hard to say where the problem may be. The mod was tested on smallr installations and it works fine, as far as I know.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Random idea/request for this mod:

How about a spell/spells to summon one or more Dire Weasels? They could use a scaled up animation from the Ferret familiar (addmiteddly I don't know if that is doable).
  • TranscendedOneTranscendedOne Member Posts: 25

There is a chance that some other mod override spell instead of using ADD_SPELL... Anyway, with megainstallations it's really hard to say where the problem may be. The mod was tested on smallr installations and it works fine, as far as I know.

Can you look into power of the weasel god? It seems that it is giving 3 bonus flat to armor class than 2.
    The new version is here! Changes introduced in two latest releases:

November 2021 - version 3.0+:
    - Fixed "Paws of the Weasel's Friend"
    - Added 2 new bard-exclusive spells: "Musky Aura" and "Weasel's Dark Paw" (BGEE, BG2EE, IWD)
    - "Weaselpaws" spell no longer stacks if cast multiple times on one target
    - "Power of the Weasel God" spell no longer stacks if cast multiple times on one target
    - "Arcane Attire of the Weasel God" is actually worn by Nimbul (BGEE)
    - "Arcane Attire of the Weasel God" corrected item icon
    - "Arcane Attire of the Weasel God" may now be used once per day
    - "Arcane Attire of the Weasel God" new effects and properties added
    - "Arcane Attire of the Weasel God" may be upgraded by Cespenar (BG2EE)
    - Updated all translations to cover the above changes
    - Additional proofreading and item description verification by GoForTheEyes
    - WeiDU update
    - New animation (v3.1)
    - Cespenar sounds more like Cespenar, oh yes! (v3.1)

New version is a part of Weasel Mods' Winter Releases 2021. Cheers!
  • MordekaieMordekaie Member Posts: 269
    edited August 2022
    Just doing some testing. The 2 new bard-exclusive spells : "Musky Aura" and "Weasel's Dark Paw" can be written on mage's spellbooks.

In a way i don't mind b/c i don't play bards but they are intented to be bard exclusive spells.

I also have those 2 lines in the debug file :

//Patching POTN11.ITM into store...
    //Not found space for POTN11 after POTN55.
    Will look at this, but it may take a moment as I am working on something else and these aren't really critical bugs.
    Will look at this, but it may take a moment as I am working on something else and these aren't really critical bugs.

It was just to report the "bug" not to request any update.
    Sure, I just prefer to let people know if the new version is just behind the corner in case they were preparing a new install.
    I got that fatal error while installing Weasels! mod along many other mods. I initially thought it has to do with a mod installed prior to Weasels! and modifying/overwriting POTN11 (like IR or Made In Heaven Item pack). None of them is responsable. I can't figure out what is causing this fatal error. Any idea ?

//Not found space for POTN11 after POTN55.
    //FATAL ERROR: Sys_error(".\\lang\\en_us\\dialog.tlk: Permission denied")
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited October 2022
    @Mordekaie close the game or EEKeeper in case either is running. That would be the most common reason for a locked dialog.tlk. Also, only install one mod at a time. (Yes, these are basics but often they are the cause.)
    edited October 2022
    jastey wrote: »
    @Mordekaie close the game or EEKeeper in case either is running. That would be the most common reason for a locked dialog.tlk. Also, only install one mod at a time. (Yes, these are basics but often they are the cause.)

I think your guessing is correct. I can't reproduce the inital fatal error when installing Weasels! And it is pretty much possible that either EEKeeper or the game were running. Thanks.
  • chibisenseichibisensei Member Posts: 36
    Hi Lava

Cute little mod - I added it to my latest run through BG2.

I am enjoying the added spells - especially for druids - they don't get enough love from mods usually - but why is there not any level 2 or level 3 spells?

When I saw the level 1 spells for druids from the mod - I was excited to see what you added for level 2 and subsequent levels would bring but sadly there is only one at level 5.

When I used the summoned weasels spell the first time (I had removed the monster summoning cap) and got 10 weasels - wow - mostly because I didn't read carefully your spell description - when I reinstated the summoning cap - sadly I only got 1d4+1 (I think thats right) weasels - on average about 3 - sigh - lol - I was a bit sad - i wanted a screen full of weasels lol

My only wish - more weasel spells for druids lol to fill in the gap between level 1 and 5 spells :wink:

Cool little mod - thanks
    Nope, there are just few spells, it's not like there will be something weasel-themed for each level.

It's a small mod, with total of 5 spells + some items. It was made for fun, without the intention to give something for each level.

Cheers!