Skip to content

Edited NPC Portraits (Original BG1 style)

yawnzealotyawnzealot Member Posts: 4
I love the original BG portrait style, but I'm not so great an artist that I can recreate it or draw portraits well. I saw some other portraits online that seemed to mix together different parts of different portraits, and I thought they were very effective so I tried to do the same.

Hope you guys like them!

Jaheira as a Thief!

Safana as a Mage!

Shar-Teel as a Druid!

Skie in black

No Tattoo, no Boo Minsc (reflected)

Same as above but as a Cleric/Paladin

Edwin as a Figther!

Garrick with a sword!

Librarian Xan!....

lefreuttbone1JoenSoAWizardDidItSanctiferbooinyoureyesPeccaSkatansmeagolheartJuliusBorisovbob_vengGodlolienSharGuidesMyHandBubbcdxPermidion_StarkIseweinGusinda

Comments

• JimstromJimstrom Member Posts: 98
    Those are actually pretty awesome, always liked the BG1 style too, keep on the good work.
    JuliusBorisov
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Wow, I really like the priest/paladin Minsc. Same pic but a totally different meaning!
    JuliusBorisovIsewein
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    These are amazing! Jaheira, Safana, and Garrick especially!
    JuliusBorisov
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    Awesome !
    JuliusBorisov
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    GAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRIIIIICCKKK!!!

Holy Fffffff...... moses, these are really, really good! Among the best I've seen. I loved all of them, especially Jaheira, Shar-teel and ofc Garrick with a sword.
    JuliusBorisov
  • yawnzealotyawnzealot Member Posts: 4
    Kivan as a Mage or Druid!

I'm so glad you guys replied :smiley: I was really hoping someone would like them!

I tried another one with Kivan, which was a lot harder since he is so covered up with his hood and bow and tattoos. I had to draw a lot more, so I know the detail on the clothes is a bit plain. Good thing these pictures are quite small :blush:

JuliusBorisovlolienSanctiferPermidion_Stark
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579

Skie in black

Wow, Skie looks badass!
    lolienSikorsky
  • cdxcdx Member Posts: 90
    @yawnzealot the portraits look great! It would be awesome if you ever feel like doing or sharing any more of these. I like Shar-Teel and Skie even more than the originals, will use them next time I play, and could use Minsk or Edwin for the PC.
  • SikorskySikorsky Member Posts: 402
    (Quote)
    Wow, Skie looks badass!

I totally agree! This portrait goes to my override folder.
  • energisedcamelenergisedcamel Member Posts: 110
    I really love these portraits! You did an amazing job - maybe now I will be able to use them for my PC and be able to disassociate the portrait from the NPCs a little easier. Thanks for sharing!
    Aerakar
  • LioraValkyrieLioraValkyrie Member Posts: 17
    I'm getting ready for a fresh run of BG1-ToB before the release of BG3. I browsed 1000's of portraits, and was feeling kind of at a loss, nothing was hitting the spot. And then this Skie portrait shows up and my imagination comes alive. There's my Bhaalspawn!
  • AntaraReisAntaraReis Member Posts: 26
    210?cb=20180928085847

Curiously, this the most basic female portrait in the game and I haven't seen any modifications at all, despite digging for quite some time. Is Osprey so unpopular?
  • Austin87Austin87 Member Posts: 280
    yawnzealot wrote: »

Skie in black
    Hello! Please tell me if you allow your "Skie in black" portrait to be used for Skie in "BG1 NPCs in BG2" mod (if I write your nickname and a link to the forum's page where you posted them)?

I thought it best to check with you and get explicit permission to avoid misunderstandings. If you are against this use, I will remove this portrait from the mod.

Thank you!