Skip to content

BGEE stuck on starting screen

i have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 7.0. I just installed Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition. Whenever I start it, a progress bar shows for a split second then this screen shows up and stays on the screen forever. I'd really like to play this game, please help.

Comments

• dylon1212dylon1212 Member Posts: 1
    same issue and ive downloaded from multiple places. Did you find a fix?
  • AaronkirkAaronkirk Member Posts: 1
    I have the same problem on my android next book
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Hello! Have you tried to opt-in the 2.5 beta? Does it help you? http://blog.beamdog.com/2017/12/the-25-update-beta-is-here.html
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    My battery died while playing today. After recharge I get this same screen.

Any suggestions?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @Chet Does it happen for you in the 1.3 version or the 2.5 beta?
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Chet, try and delete the contents of the cache. Depending on version of Android... App Manager, Game, Storage, Cache.

Gus
    I tried deleting the cache. Did not work.

Then I accidentally deleted everything.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Whoops! Look on the bright side, if you playing the 1.3, gives you an opportunity to try the beta...

Gus
    JuliusBorisov
    This is definitely happening for me in the 2.5 versions. Bug reported here: Bug #36778

Same behaviour in both BG:EE and SoD (but with different logo)

This has only happened for me when I lose battery while playing (different from OP, sorry for the hijack).

I'm one of those people that actually enjoy playing the game, so I don't actively try to run my battery dead. It just happens, 3 times over the course of 5 weeks.

If the game was worse over all, and had significantly less redeeming features, this problem likely would not come up nearly as often for me.
    Gusinda
    Thanks for reporting, @Chet.
  • mattdolnemattdolne Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2019
    Maybe i came too late, but i had the same issue and tried all the steps i could found in the web to fix with no sucess. It appears to be a hopeless battle to play this game, but i finally found a solution. After all these unsucessfuly steps and many hours of hopeless search for a solution i finally thought: well, all those peopple are trying to put the odd archive in the Android file stored in a sd card, but i found the same file in the internal storage, what about It?
    Bingo! I put the odd in the Android file stored in the internal storage instead of the sd card and the apk Works fine. I Hope that i, in the late of 2019, could help someone with this stupid issue. Google doesn't worked for me indeed, but now, maybe It can be helpfull to someone.
    Post edited by mattdolne on
    GusindaJuliusBorisov
    This is correct. We are not supporting SD cards - during the development of the 2.5 patch we found out SD cards don't work with IE games. Only moving the .exe file is possible.
    mattdolne
  • CarsmileSteveCarsmileSteve Member Posts: 6
    Hi

I've have this same issue but my (Samsung, android) tablet doesn't have an SD card, game has always been on internal storage. Any other suggestions? I've reinstalled a couple of times but it just keeps happening...
    Ok, if it helps anyone else, reinstalled *again* but it asked me for additional permissions and it *seems* to still be working two days later???
    JuliusBorisovGusinda
    OK, it definitely wasn't that!!!! Literally all I can think of is it happens after the tablet is charged (without the battery going completely flat)??? Can that even be a thing? Also, am I really the only person this is happening to?
    Boy, is this boring me now, seems to happen 10-14 days after reinstalling, when the games looks for an update and can't connect. No joy from beamdog...
  • robertoroberto Member Posts: 1
    its 2022 and i had the issue using tablet with android 10, and i fixed this with this:
    -Go to settings (android setting)
    -Applications
    -Find Baldurs Gate II (or another game you have problem with)
    -Click on "Permissions"
    -There should be something like "Allowed" title and under it "Storage" (with folder like icon)
    -Click on "Storage" and check if its really ticked "Allow" (because in my case it was ticked with "Deny"), IT SHOULD BE TICKED WITH (*) ALLOW
    -After that try again running game,and it should work