Skip to content

Kivan and Deheriana Companions for BG2EE

124»

Comments

• PitinangePitinange Member Posts: 5
    edited September 2014
    For the keep of the De'Arnise, nobody answer him if you don't have Nalia in your party, if you have her she will answer and he said that as a wild elf he likes a starry sky as roof when he's sleeping. But that dialogue happens 2 or 3 days after i left the place.

The 9th in confirmed bug never led me to a CTD. After checking I was the one who spoke of them i think i wasn't really clear with that that's the thing that i consider as a lovetalk that i got with no problem despite the problem with the rest talk.

And there is one more thing that leads to CTD : Avenel reported :
    Avenel said:

I've now started ToB, and I have another couple of things to report:
    2. I'm getting a consistent game crash during Kivan's first lovetalk in ToB (his: "There were things said between us that I do not want to be lost in this dark tide"). I've been through every dialogue option, and each time I choose "Forgetting everything else in the world you cling to him, drinking in the kisses", the game freezes. Again, it's my favourite dialogue option, so Rain will just have to settle for something else instead.

And i also got it.

• SapphireIce101SapphireIce101 Member Posts: 866
    Updated the bug post with the correct bug this time.
  • AvenelAvenel Member Posts: 94
    I think my husband and I may have come up with a temporary workaround for the game crash occuring when the "chilled wine/mulled wine" lovetalk is supposed to happen. The workaround will skip that lovetalk altogether, and should advance the talk to the next at rest talk, which is the 'Kivan puts his hand on your blanket' talk.

If you put this into the CLUAConsole, find out what your variable is at that stage of the game before the crash (mine was set to 9):

GetGlobal(P#KiLOTOBTalk","Global")

I tried changing the variable to see what would happen. On 8 and 9, the same game freeze occured. When I set it to 10, the tent rest cut scene occurred without Kivan trying to initiate any romance dialogue, but at least there was no crash. When I set the variable to 11 and rested, Kivan's next blanket talk dialogue did occur (yay!), and my game seemed to work normally after that, with the final lovetalk in that sequence happening when it should after the timer in-between had expired (the last talk is the Kivan getting his cloak off one), and then the talks moved into the random at rest dialogues in the second romantic sequence. I haven't tested all the lines of dialogue in those lovetalks yet, but at least things are moving again.

So, to make it easier, I would recommend going to a point in the game where that particular crash occurs and changing the variable as follows:

SetGlobal(P#KiLOTOBTalk","Global",11)

It isn't a solution to the game crash, and I still don't know why it is occuring, but we can at least band-aid the mod.
  • PitinangePitinange Member Posts: 5
    Oh my oh my, you made my day for this.

Mine was also set to 9 and just did what you said and i'm able to finally see the next part.

Thanks for find out wich one we have to change for that.
    @Pitinange - I'm very happy to help :) Now I just need to do more testing...
    @Avenel - Good job. You get a like. :D
  • imbeiaimbeia Member Posts: 2
    SetGlobal("P#KiLOTOBTalk","Global",11) - this solution helped, thank You Avenel :)
    @SapphireIce101 - Hah, I'm glad the solution worked! :)

I had the same game crashes with the 'we lost Saradush talk' as reported before, and no problems with any of the dialogue in the 'blanket' and 'cloak off' lovetalks. Fingers crossed that everything goes well from here.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

1. Kivan's bow doing a disappearing act.
    Solution: EEKeeper it back in.

4. Kivan having a broken shield in his inventory.
    Solution: One could always EEKeeper a Large Shield with an armor class bonus of 1, and a special +1 vs missile weapons.

Fixed. A couple of Kivan's items had an expiry time set, meaning they'd disappear after a set amount of time.

2. Edwin/Kivan talk causing a CTD at rest.
    Solution: Don't use Edwin until this bug is fixed.

3. Kivan asking the PC about how they feel about losing Saradush.
    Solution: Basically, choose the not nice options.

6. Kivan asking how you defeated the monster in the temple during the Unseeing Eye Quest leads to CTD.
    Solution: Pick options 2 or 3.

8. Rest conversation after "Brighest Star of Ao" leads to CTD if you don't use the speaking in elven options before resting.

9. Consistent game crash during Kivan's first lovetalk in ToB (his: "There were things said between us that I do not want to be lost in this dark tide"). "Forgetting everything else in the world you cling to him, drinking in the kisses", the game freezes.

1. Potential CTD after the "Brightest Star of Ao" talk. Not able to reproduce, so no solution until someone can reproduce it consistently.

Fixed. All of these bugs are caused by having non-utf-8 characters being added to the tlk. For example, bug two was caused by the accented e in "naiveté". Running a character set conversion during the install fixed these.

5. Lilarcor speaking without him being equipped.
    Solution: There is none, because it doesn't cause a CTD, but I'll put this here under needs fixing.

Fixed. The trigger being used only checked if Lilarcor was in a weapon slot; the trigger is now dependent on Lilarcor actually being the actively selected weapon.

7. Jozzi the Seasnake not spawning after the mad shark king is dead, and after looting the breathing nose ring.

Fixed. Script was not checking for Jozzi's changed DV in her followup.

2. NO VALID REPLIES OR LINKS in the third Lilarcor banter.

Fixed. The dialogue is supposed to exit at these points, but a ENDs in place of an EXITs caused these.

3. Kivan saying "The Keep of the De'Arnise is a sombre place." in a place that isn't De'Arnise Keep, as well as nobody answering him when he says that. Not quite sure if this is an interjection or banter. Still needs to be checked.

This is set up as a banter that can randomly fire any time after Torgal's defeat, but only if Kivan was in the party at the time of Torgal's defeat and only if Nalia is currently in the party. The first part of this trigger was working fine, but the latter was not, leading to the NVROL bug for Nalia-free parties. That it can fire days/weeks/months/never after clearing the Keep is intended.

1. Jozzi the Seasnake's portait being all blurry, and poor quality.

This can't be fixed without the original portrait, which I don't have.

Also fixed a bug with Kivan's arrows, reported over yonder.

On top of all this, I've streamlined the install a great deal. ToB content will install automatically as appropriate instead of requiring a separate prompt. Pointless options in the alternate portrait/class components will no longer be presented--e.g. Deheriana's alternative class component will no longer offer F/M/C, as that's what she is by default.

I'm working on a revised readme and packaging so we're almost there. Once v15 is out, please post any further bug reports to Kivan's forum instead of here.
    edited October 2014
    @CamDawg‌ - Thanks, and I was about to say that since Version 15 was put up, that it was time to report any and all bugs to the mod's forum at G3. Then I saw your post. Hah.
  • raudskeggrraudskeggr Member Posts: 5
    edited August 2015
    The link given isn't working, So here's the working link: http://gibberlings3.net/forums/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=732
  • ValVal Member Posts: 20
    I get the "mod not compatible with your game" - error..I have BG2 EE and I only have the Xan mod and the happy group installed..Any ideas what is wrong? I can not post at the gibberlings site since I do not have an account.
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,271
    @Val I've just checked and it can be installed without prblems. Are you sure that you execute correct setup-kivan.exe?
  • KeiawynKeiawyn Member Posts: 8
    edited February 2018
    Heeey, so I know this thread is 2 years old. But I just picked up BG2:EE again, and can't seem to get the Kivan mod installed. I am having the same issue as Val - the Kivan of Shilmista mod is "not compatible with your game". I've got v15, extracting it to my BG2:EE steamapps/common folder - no dice. It says it's not compatible. I've got other NPC mods installed (Nephele, Arath). What am I missing here? Thanks!!

EDIT: Ignore me. A) After much digging, I found the G3 Kivan & Deheriana forum, and B) Problem seems to have been solved.
    Post edited by Keiawyn on
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

I haven't tried out this mod yet, but I read somewhere that Kivan has been turned into an archer for this game, correct? Does the installation give you the option to keep him as a vanilla ranger?
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    1. correct
    2. no

however, it'd argue that it's not a problem:
    - it might be a natural progression for him to have gained the archer kit while you were separated
    - he was always themed as an archer, and is certainly a more archetypally correct archer than corwin
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    bob_veng said:

however, it'd argue that it's not a problem:
    - it might be a natural progression for him to have gained the archer kit while you were separated
    - he was always themed as an archer, and is certainly a more archetypally correct archer than corwin

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately, a non-melee NPC doesn't fit into my planned party composition.

Oh well...
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    archers make quite good melee fighters. what they lose compared to plain rangers (slight damage decrease) probably shouldn't be a deciding factor when it comes to strategy

kivan is a good (long-)swordsman because he's an elf, so he's almost on par with a straight non-elf ranger who'd also use longswords.
    Wow, I can't believe that I'm chiming back in after all this time :) The Jozzi the Seasnake bug (where she doesn't appear after the mad shark king is dead, and you loot the breathing ring) is happening again. And again. And mutliple times over. I had only one occasion where she appeared to one side and didn't initiate dialogue, but it was also because there was a bug in ee itself where Prince Villynaty was appearing at the fight but never initiated dialogue with Charname after the battle was finished. He just followed Charname around with no conclusion at all, and no cutscence or points gained. Does anyone have any idea for fixing this again after all this time? I had thought that the bug fixes earlier would have been enough, but it clearly hasn't changed that bug for my playthrough....
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Hello :smile: I must have made some errors in dialouge choices when meeting Demin in Suldanesselar and now I lose Kivan after defeating Irenicus. Is there some quick fix I can do to stop this from happening? I would like to keep him to the end.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    Kivan leaves if a) you're not romancing him and b) you don't revive his wife. b) has multiple steps, beginning in Spellhold.
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Mantis37 Thank you for your reply. I am not romancing him, and I tried to take the wife reving path. But I don't think I did it right... There is no walkthrough or such I suppose? If I can't fix it for this round Ill be sure to do it right for the next one.
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,174
    You need to have talked with Aphril
    in Spellhold about the possibility of reviving her I think, then to compel Demin to help you, and then to either be a healer or to have Cernd / Aerie with you to help with the transition. A bit involved, but an interesting sequence.