Skip to content

[Mod] New Refinements (v4?) beta release

Comments

• trinittrinit Member Posts: 705
    @subtledoctor just drawing attention to my post above c4_angel's in case you missed it :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited March 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • c4_angelc4_angel Member Posts: 35
    edited March 2018

My suggestion is, for released kits, provide feedback here specifying which HLAs they should not have access to. Maybe post versions of the HLA table before and after you made your adjustments. And I can fold the adjustments into Refinements.

If you're just fiddling woth your own custom content, you can make a simple Weidu mod making the adjustments. I took the trouble to make simple HLA table-editing functions (see here)... you can just put together a string of action_remove_hla commands, and then installing the changes will only take about 4 seconds each time you install mods...

@subtledoctor I do completely understand the purpose of this mod, but still think just modifies the vanilla kits would be better, IMHO.

Here is a sad story, due to the language barrier, the circle is pretty closed for Chinese modders. Mods like kits are released mostly in only Chinese forums because few has been translated to other languages except Chinese, at least by now. It could be a litter difficult to release elsewhere like here, maybe I can provide feedbacks of those in the future.

Remove the HLAs by weidu is exactly what I have done, the post is just my opinion for the mod. Again, thanks for your reply.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.

@c4_angel here's what I can do on short notice/without time to make substantive changes or test anything:

Try using beta 4.22, which now has a settings file called d5_refinements_settings.ini in the main mod folder. Edit that file and set the variable "d5_refine_mod_kits" to 0. Then install the mod. Now only the vanilla kits (and any mod kits that use the vanilla HLA tables - I can't do anything about those) should be affected.

OK, I'll try it. Thanks for your work.
    @subtledoctor It's OK now. Thanks.
    edited April 2018
    A minor bug (exists in beta 4.22): The timing mode of the cleric HLA Enlightenment (tg#enli.spl) are set to 1, which makes the cleric lose the extra 6th and 7th level spell after revived if the cleric was killed.

And this issue has also appeared in some other skills.
    Post edited by c4_angel on
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    a question: i'm not aware of a possibility for enemies of all classes to use refinements HLAs, the way SCS enables casters to use HLAs. is there a mod/component that does this?
  • IcezeraIcezera Member Posts: 20
    Is the latest version of this in BWS? I am getting conflicts with multi-class grandmastery from the tweaks anthology but I can't figure out why I would be getting that from refinements.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2018
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IcezeraIcezera Member Posts: 20
    edited April 2018
    Bws is just claiming an issue. Thus I was wondering if bws was updated to the latest version of your mod. If I could I would just install your mod after doing bws but I have been warned that could screw my install order so i have not done that

Also am getting this error like a previous poster did. Not sure what to do so I just pressed continue in BWS which according to the weidu log means it cant be installed
    ERROR: cannot convert nscrl_specific or %nscrl_specific% to an integer
    ERROR: [refinements/Hlab/thief/ee/d5_rf84n.eff] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Post edited by Icezera on
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    Hello again @subtledoctor , error in spoiler when trying to install Thief kit HLAs. As with the Scale of Balance report, this is a heavily modded install. Looks to be the same error as Icezera.

[refinements/Hlab/thief/ee/d5_nscrl.spl] loaded, 250 bytes
    override/d5_nscrl.spl copied to refinements/backup/110/d5_nscrl.spl, 250 bytes
    Copied [refinements/Hlab/thief/ee/d5_nscrl.spl] to [override/d5_nscrl.spl]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [refinements/Hlab/thief/ee/d5_rf84n.eff] loaded, 272 bytes
    ERROR: [refinements/Hlab/thief/ee/d5_rf84n.eff] -> [override] Patching Failed (COPY) (Not_found)
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing the `Thief HLAs' component, rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [refinements/backup/110/OTHER.110]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "refinements/backup/110/OTHER.110")
    [refinements/backup/110/UNSETSTR.110] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 95 files for [REFINEMENTS/SETUP-REFINEMENTS.TP2] component 110.

Weidu attached as well
  • JarinexJarinex Member Posts: 46
    edited May 2018
    I am getting the exact same error as above. Happens on the thief installation.

Copied [refinements/Hlab/thief/ee/d5_nscrl.spl] to [override/d5_nscrl.spl]
    Copying and patching 1 file ...
    [refinements/Hlab/thief/ee/d5_rf84n.eff] loaded, 272 bytes

ERROR Installing the `Thief HLAs' component, rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [refinements/backup/110/OTHER.110]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "refinements/backup/110/OTHER.110")
    [refinements/backup/110/UNSETSTR.110] SET_STRING uninstall info not found

Everything else installed fine
  • southfla79southfla79 Member Posts: 214
    edited June 2018
    Paging @subtledoctor. Not to be a pest, but I miss the thief revisions :(

Did some playing around, with just M&G and Refinements installed (latest versions of both), I get the error reported in the prior posts.

Refinements on it's own installs correctly
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Heya, did you refine the HLA?
    so, if anyone used bounty hunter's "set toxic trap" ability you probably noticed the trap exploded immediately upon setting (no enemies in sight), poisoning charname (i complained about this on previous page). that happened because tg#toxb.spl file had incorrectly set projectile parameter to "bdspfire.pro", instead of "tg#toxt.pro".
    the corrected file (i used nearinfinity for this) is attached in the zip in this post, just unzip it and drop the file into override folder, replacing the old one. @subtledoctor you can use this file or correct the original if you'd like. hope this helps someone!
    edited July 2018
    @subtledoctor i tested the new release and the problem with toxic trap is not fixed. i have to drop my modified file into override to get it fixed. did you check the pointer to pro file i described above?
    i have a fresh install of bg2ee 2.5 with no other mod installed. can you double check and confirm it works for you?
    hm, also tested bug @c4_angel mentions and viconia did lose spell slots gained by enlightenment if killed and revived
    @subtledoctor great, thanks. to be clear, i was not suggesting you must use my fix as is, i was simple providing some patchwork solution to a long standing bug for other players(better than nothing at least) and pointing out the possible source of the bug. i'm not a programmer, i simply manage by with some logic and luck.

that said, i tested the new install and the bounty hunter trap works okay now! also, for the enlightenment bug i had to start a new game (previously i tested on a character that already had some hla abilities although not enlightment). thanks again!

• MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    @subtledoctor
    Hello.
    Can this mod be used with your other mods like Scales of Balance and Might and Gluile?
    edited August 2018
    Subtledoctor, did you forsake working on refinements to actually change it? I remember you had a few ideas about tweaks that you talked about in spellhold forum with the_bigg.

Post edited by Arthas on
  • MercilecMercilec Member Posts: 55
    @subtledoctor
    hmm so, according to your installation order, i have already installed M&G, so what if i install it after M&G?
    Spellhold studios is down, but from the little I remember you criticized the planetars spell. Well, I Don't remember more, sorry.