Skip to content

What's your personal best stat roll?

Hey, I have only been playing IWDEE/BGEE for almost a year, I thought it would be interesting to see what kind of total stat rolls people have scored. I thought it would give an insight into the chances of getting some crazy rolls like 100+.

My personal best is 100... THAT WAS AWESOME!. She was a Cavalier Paladin in BG (and kicked butt), she even had a ridiculous strength of 18/88. I have had rolls of 98 (once), 97 (three times) and 96 (a couple of times).

So what's is your best? Please let me know!
JuliusBorisovZaghoulStummvonBordwehr[Deleted User][Deleted User]cloudsat

Comments

• smyth25smyth25 Member Posts: 219
    I believe the best i have gotten is a 98 on a half-elven bard. That seemed kinda surprising since stat rolls like that are generally only seen on paladins and rangers. Never gotten anything 100+ though :'(
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Crawler Even on a paladin, 100 is a good roll.

@smyth25 Now that is lucky. I've always had a hard time rolling Bards, they use almost every stat, and they don't have the high minimums of some other classes to help.

My highest roll is 103 on a Cleric/Ranger.
    smyth25StummvonBordwehr[Deleted User]
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    In another topic like that I said my top (in all years!) honest roll was 93. But right after that, playing with a random character generating mod I've got an amazing unbelievable never seen before 105! Though, on a Wizard Slayer (and I do not normally play Wizard Slayer). Still keep the character, just in case and as a reminder of "miracles do happen".
    ZaghoulThacoBellStummvonBordwehrDragonspear
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    I got a 100 for a half-elf Totemic Druid in IWDEE. Thought it was a huge waste for a guy who would be sitting in the back conjuring spirits...

It was still pretty cool though!
    ThacoBellMirandel
  • ChillyBreezeChillyBreeze Member Posts: 11
    I just got a 100 earlier today on a stalker that I now don't want to play, haha!
    ThacoBelltbone1
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    I've played the game a lot over the years and I suspect have gone in for more character re-rolling than most - my standard expectation in the old days was to roll for between 30 minutes and an hour to try and hit my target score (that varied, but would often be 93 to allow for all 18s except one dump stat).

In all that time I've never rolled anything with 3 figures, so I can't help feeling a bit jealous of people casually achieving that total :s.
    StummvonBordwehrZaghoul[Deleted User]
  • vyvexthornevyvexthorne Member Posts: 58
    I've never gotten it to the 100's in all these years. I feel good if I get it in the 90's.
    tbone1semiticgoddess[Deleted User]
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    IIRC I've got 97. I believe it was a bard, but to be sure I don't really remember for sure. I did notice a surge of high rolls when I played on my ipad some years ago, getting many 92+ rolls. I even managed to roll a fighter which could dual to Druid on there, and that's not very common.

If I were to play with limits on rolling and still want as high rolls as possible, I'd play an elf Archer I think.
    [Deleted User]
  • NoloirNoloir Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 380
    100 Roll Ranger named Noloir. Became lackluster compared to more arcane classes by the end of ToB though.
    [Deleted User]tbone1
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Nice!
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    My best rolls would be a 98 for a fighter and 99 for a FMT. I have never rolled 100 or greater after 20 years of playing. I did experiment with an auto roller once and it gave me a 101 but it felt like cheating so I disregarded it.
    DaevelonThacoBellOrlonKronsteen
  • DaevelonDaevelon Member Posts: 605

99 for a FMT

This is kinda impressive, i think my best with FMT was a 94 (not used for low exceptional strenght).
    ThacoBellOrlonKronsteen
  • CaptRoryCaptRory Member Posts: 1,660
    My best is a 103 I rolled for a Cavalier Paladin.
    ThacoBellOrlonKronsteenStummvonBordwehr
  • the_sexteinthe_sextein Member Posts: 711
    edited December 2018
    Daevelon said:

99 for a FMT

This is kinda impressive, i think my best with FMT was a 94 (not used for low exceptional strenght).
    I agree, a 98 for a fighter is really hard to get as well. I have spent hours rolling characters though. Sometimes I'll just set my stats to a roll I have got with a class in the past. Depends on the mood I'm in when I start. What was really cool with that FMT is I used my meta knowledge on that run to add points in all the right places with tomes of magic and other choices in the game to get 18+ in all stats by the end of the game. Didn't really serve any purpose but I'm a sucker for that sort of thing. My exceptional strength was pretty low though. I think it was 19/100 or something like that. The tome of strength straightened it out and it made it all the more rewarding when I got it. Before the EE versions came out, the highest roll I had for a fighter was 95. I hadn't played the FMT until the EE versions were released so both of my best rolls were with the enhanced editions.
    DaevelonThacoBellOrlonKronsteenStummvonBordwehr
  • kansasbarbariankansasbarbarian Member Posts: 206
    Got a 94 on a Dwarven defender with 18/99 strength. Would have been great with the 100 percentile but I was happy.
    sarevok57
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    out of all the 1000s of characters i have made over the years of playing this game, the highest i have ever rolled was a 99 ( and that was in the enhanced edition ) i believe i got that a year or 2 ago

but before the EEs came out, the highest i ever succeeded at was a 97

i must have hit that reroll button over 1 million times, and yet i have never seen over 99 haha, need to play more paladins i suppose ;)
    StummvonBordwehrkansasbarbarian
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    thespace said:

Last night I rolled a Christmas Miracle, a 98 point human berserker with a 18/00 STR, no auto roll/no adjusting (I use a Mac and don't even know how to do such things.)

This is the best roll I've ever heard of. 98 with a pure fighter class and 00 strength? Amazing.

I rolled an Inquisitor with a 96 and 00 strength the other day, the second time I've ever done this (still haven't played it for some reason - screenshot below), but that's with a paladin, which we all know gets much easier rolls. The only downside for you is it's extremely unlikely that you'll ever top this roll. Enjoy! :)

StummvonBordwehrThacoBell[Deleted User]
  • LammasLammas Member Posts: 211
    My best Bard is a 98 or 99.

Best roll by pure number was 102 I think but that was way back when so I don't even remember who it was on. Probably some cleric or fighter variant.

Best roll EVER has been a Kensai with 100 and 18/00. That was rather recently when I was trying to get a high Kensai roll in case I want to play that class in the near future. I saved it but I'm still in the middle of my other, slow progressing trilogy playthrough.
    ThacoBellOrlonKronsteen
  • QuickbladeQuickblade Member Posts: 957
    edited December 2018
    103, but I think it's cheating because Ranger has the highest minimum rolls (70=13/13/14/8/14/8), so they get high stat numbers inherently.

Latest (currently in BGEE Chap 3) iteration is Cleric/Ranger with a roll of 100, with 18/76 Str. Took me like 20 minutes of rolling a couple days ago.

Edit-Just checked because I was confused about something. I KNOW I had Int+Cha mins of 8 on a Elf Ranger/Cleric, giving the 70 above, but the class doesn't have requirements in those stats (0). Turns out there's also racial minimum stats as well, and for Elf it's 8.

That is probably the highest Race+Class minimum stats of all, followed by Half-Elf Rangers (61) and then Human Rangers (60). Shadowdancers are up there, as are Paladins/Blackguards. But Paladins/Blackguards can only be Human/Half-Orc, which have 3 for all minimum stats. Which gives a 57 minimum for Paladin and 49 for Blackguard. A Halfling Shadowdancer has a minimum stat total of 56. Elf Dragon Disciples are 57. Half-Elf Bard is 52.

Those are all that struck me as high stat combinations.
    Post edited by Quickblade on
    ThacoBellDragonspear[Deleted User]OrlonKronsteen
  • SkatanSkatan Member, Moderator Posts: 5,352
    edited December 2018
    If I would ever play a game with rolling restrictions, I would play an elf ranger and go for Archer or Stalker. You're almost sure to get 85+ within 3 rolls, and very commonly 90+ as well. You don't even need those stats, especially if you're an archer who only really needs dex, but it's always nice to have.

EDIT: Just for fun I tested now.

1 roll: 84 - 16/18/17/10/14/9 with no redistribution
    2 roll: 86 - 15/19/14/8/18/13
    3 roll: 78 - crap

So in 2 out of 3 rolls, I could go with that char without even re-distributing the points and have a very good game. Even with the 78-pointer, I could redistribute for 19 DEX and still be almost as good as a maxed out char.

EDIT2: just for some testing I just rolled a few paladins and even though their minimum rolls are high, the needs are so high that you "must" have a 95-ish roll to make a very good pala. Their rather ridiculous minimum req of 17 in CHA means you can't minimize it to reallocate those points where they should be (STR/DEX/CON), or the 13 in WIS even for Inquisitors who can't even cast spells so don't really need WIS. So for a minimum re-roll restrictive run, I would never go with paladin.
    Post edited by Skatan on
    ThacoBellStummvonBordwehrOrlonKronsteenlost1
  • unseeingeyeunseeingeye Member Posts: 16
    The highest I've ever gotten was, I believe, 96 although I don't recall what class that character was.
    Last night I had some decent luck, I recently got a tablet with Android so I could play with mods beyond the PC and my first character I rolled is an Inquisitor. I spent about a half hour, possibly a bit more re-rolling and couldn't get above 92 but the strength secondary roll kept staying below the low 70s. Then, I couldn't believe it, as it has never happened to me before on a roll above 90, I landed a 94 with a strength of 18/00. I almost leapt from the sofa into the air in my ecstatic jubilation :D
    ThacoBell[Deleted User]OrlonKronsteen
  • thiefthief Member Posts: 45
    Rerolling in BG:EE is a bit faster than vanilla BG1 since you don't have to sum it yourself :smiley: Given that, I'm usually satisfied with a score of ~87-90, but on one occasion I was rolling until I got ~98 with a Jester (my favorite recent character).

I never had above 100, but last time I rolled a paladin was ten years ago, so there's that.
    DragonspearThacoBell[Deleted User]unseeingeye
  • CrawlerCrawler Member Posts: 12
    Just started playing BG2 (EE) again... I rolled another 100, this time on a half-elf blade!
    I'm so happy!

Thanks Tymora!
    Mirandel[Deleted User]StummvonBordwehrThacoBell
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    This is not my best roll (it would be 98 on human fighter!!!), but few days ago I have rolled 96 for a half-elf multi fighter/mage. Pretty good.
    Dragonspear