Skip to content

Hiring to make and install mods for new 2.6 version on pc

lionwarriorkinglionwarriorking Member Posts: 28
edited May 2021 in General Modding
Im not very savvy nor do I have the time or inclination to figure out how to perfect my bg experience with modding on my own, being military and very busy. I have a list of already pre existing mods and also my own mods regarding various rule changes that I would like help with from beginning to end, installing on my pc labtop. Willing to compensate for the effort, Please post on this thread if you are am experienced modder or a beamdog team member. Thanks
Post edited by lionwarriorking on

Comments

• lionwarriorkinglionwarriorking Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2018
    The most important one is probably making it so that player1's death does not end the game
    Own custom mods

Two weapon style
    Off hand penalty is exempted from; dagger, short sword, scimitar (wakasashi and ninjato), katana, club.
    At 5 attacks per round, 2 are committed by the offhand. At 8 attacks per round, 3 are committed by the offhand weapon. (as opposed to only one attack from offhand)

6. Perma death mod
    Player1candie area flag in full games (bg1&2 and dragonspear) main char’s death does not end game until permanently dead.
    Normally a player is perma deathed when going beyond -10 hp. Instead, when going below -10 hp, the player will make a saving throw vs death to determine if he or she is ressurectable; and for every 5 hp lower than -10, the player will recieve -1 penalty to his or her saving throw. (Hindos doom upgraded immunity to death applies here to the players saving throw while equipped, making the upgraded sword more worthwhile. )
    Resurrection spell is now successful based on a percentage roll from the characters constitution score, as per the original rule book. Plus 6 percent bonus over 100 percent added for constitution points past 18. The 5th level raise dead has a -15 percent penalty compared with 7th level version resurrection. There is a -1 percentage penalty for every gameplay hour that passes since the time of death.. failure of percentage chance roll can be tried multiple times incurring an additional 15 percent penalty for each consecutive roll failure until 0 percent chance is reached. Standard bg2 temple prices apply to bg1 no matter the level (1000 for resurrection and 500 for raise dead).

7. Create mod for abjuration spell tweaks.

Dispel Magic Fix the chance for dispel magic to match the spell's description, corrects conceptual problems caused by the automatic dispelling of all magically created items. Should roll for each individual status affect on target separately instead of all or nothing.
    -change ‘protection from magic weapons’ to function as mantle and improved mantle, only protecting from normal and +1 magical weapons.
    -spell immunity abjuration now blocks breach and lower resistance
    -minor globe and globe of invulnerability block both 3rd lvl spells, dispel magic and remove magic; blocks aoe spells.
    -spell deflection and turning block aoe spells (but not turn them)
    -spell shield blocks dispel effects
    -add 7th lvl spell improved globe of invulernability that blocks 5th lvl magic and lower including breach and lower resistance. And of course dispel and remove magic.
    -add 9th lvl spell greater globe of invulernability that blocks 7th lvl magic and lower

8. Create mod for summon spell tweaks

-remove cap for number of summons at one time
    -summons now trigger traps
    -triple duration of all summon spells
    -Make it so that efreeti does not cast sunfire on its own.
    -Make morden kanan sword (and other summoned swords) immune to necro damage (negative plane) but vulnerable to blunt weapons and positive plane damage (like magic missile) at 75 percent resistance each
    -carrion summons 4 creatures instead of just one or two, has no effect against spiders and receives double damage from them.
    -devas and planetar upgraded

There is no more magic damage type; Categorize damage derived from spells with the necromancy spell description (such as larlochs minor drain, horrid wilting, harm spells) as negative plane damage instead of magic damage. Vampiric damage, like that from chaos blade and the drinker, is also negative plane damage. Holy damage like from that of holy smite will be categorized at positive plane damage. Weapons that deal extra damage against evil is positive plane damage. The spell magic missile and all other arcane magic damage that isnt from the necromancy school is possitive plane damage and deals double damage to undead while negative deals half. The 8th level spell immunity to energy will include these damage types. (If the engine does not allow creation of a new damage type then assign possitive plane to (magic damage) and negative can be assigned to an obscure damage type such as splinter from gnasher club.)
    The rest of the mods I need are from gibberlings3. . Scs, ascension ect. . I can send the details on that when ready.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    You can probably get help on some of these things without offering payment. Virtually all modding work is done by volunteers.

Some of these things are impossible in the game engine:

1. You can't get two attacks per round from an off-hand weapon unless you have an Improved Haste effect active, which also doubles main hand attacks.
    2. Once a character drops to 0 HP, they're out. If they go below -9 HP, then there's a chance (the exact percentage is unknown) of a permanent death. That can't be changed. However, you can bump up a critter's normal HP and then give them a script that applies a permanent death when dropping below a certain value or a certain percentage. But the numbers would never quite be accurate, and the script could interfere with other important scripts.
    3. I don't know about the other possibilities for raise dead and resurrection, but you'd be hard-pressed to figure out how to impose additional penalties for in-game hours after death. You'd basically have to use some global variables that would have to be customized for NPCs, which means mod-introduced NPCs and player-created characters might suffer no penalties.
    4. The only way to split magic damage into two damage types is to replace it with the rarely-used damage types, magic cold and magic fire.

Other things are complex but already done by other mods, so you can ask the mod creators for permission to use them or else just require your mod to have those components from other mods yourself:

1. The Dispel Magic fix can be found in both SCS and Spell Revisions, if my memory is correct.
    2. In SCS, SI: Abjuration blocks Breach, and you can tweak it to block Lower Resistance as well.
    3. Spell Revisions makes spell deflection buffs block area-effect spells.

Other than that, most of the stuff seems doable.
  • bob_vengbob_veng Member Posts: 2,308
    he will not be making a mod so he doesn't need permission

as I see it he wants one of those dlcs (via argent77's tool) packing eet with standard tweaks and just a few personalized ones. it's reasonable to provide consideration on his part as it's menial work of producing the installation and the package to specification, which takes a long time and is not creative work which the community would benefit from. I can't help but surely someone else can. The op should prove that he's an owner of all required products if he should want eet, to the person who will send him the file (technically-legally this may not be quite correct but there's no cause for concern realistically). What is being bought is not mods but the work of installing software, like paying a pc tech to install windows, and doing some personalized tweaking in the registry, like for setting up a mining rig for example.

You can probably get help on some of these things without offering payment. Virtually all modding work is done by volunteers.

Some of these things are impossible in the game engine:

1. You can't get two attacks per round from an off-hand weapon unless you have an Improved Haste effect active, which also doubles main hand attacks.
    2. Once a character drops to 0 HP, they're out. If they go below -9 HP, then there's a chance (the exact percentage is unknown) of a permanent death. That can't be changed. However, you can bump up a critter's normal HP and then give them a script that applies a permanent death when dropping below a certain value or a certain percentage. But the numbers would never quite be accurate, and the script could interfere with other important scripts.
    3. I don't know about the other possibilities for raise dead and resurrection, but you'd be hard-pressed to figure out how to impose additional penalties for in-game hours after death. You'd basically have to use some global variables that would have to be customized for NPCs, which means mod-introduced NPCs and player-created characters might suffer no penalties.
    4. The only way to split magic damage into two damage types is to replace it with the rarely-used damage types, magic cold and magic fire.

Other things are complex but already done by other mods, so you can ask the mod creators for permission to use them or else just require your mod to have those components from other mods yourself:

1. The Dispel Magic fix can be found in both SCS and Spell Revisions, if my memory is correct.
    2. In SCS, SI: Abjuration blocks Breach, and you can tweak it to block Lower Resistance as well.
    3. Spell Revisions makes spell deflection buffs block area-effect spells.

Other than that, most of the stuff seems doable.

Thank you for the insightful response.

I didnt realize that Improved haste effects the offhand number attacks; had the impression that its set at 1 even with that spell casted.

If everything else aside from the exceptions you mentioned are doable, then Id be very happy. . Ill take it.
    bob_veng said:

he will not be making a mod so he doesn't need permission

as I see it he wants one of those dlcs (via argent77's tool) packing eet with standard tweaks and just a few personalized ones. it's reasonable to provide consideration on his part as it's menial work of producing the installation and the package to specification, which takes a long time and is not creative work which the community would benefit from. I can't help but surely someone else can. The op should prove that he's an owner of all required products if he should want eet, to the person who will send him the file (technically-legally this may not be quite correct but there's no cause for concern realistically). What is being bought is not mods but the work of installing software, like paying a pc tech to install windows, and doing some personalized tweaking in the registry, like for setting up a mining rig for example.

Correct. I need an experts undivided attention and care in making sure that my specifications are met and executed, and then full installed and playable to the best of their ability. I realize some of may even be menial work, such as applying the player1candie flag to every single area in the entire trilogy. If you know anyone who can help please tag them here. I believe some of these ideas are unique and will help the community as well.
    Gold pieces and xp to be had and not one modder here wants this simple candlekeep level quest??
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't know how to do everything, but I can help with the stuff I know how to do. Everything else would have to be done by another modder. Here's what I can do:

-change ‘protection from magic weapons’ to function as mantle and improved mantle, only protecting from normal and +1 magical weapons.
    -spell immunity abjuration now blocks breach and lower resistance
    -minor globe and globe of invulnerability block both 3rd lvl spells, dispel magic and remove magic; blocks aoe spells.
    -spell deflection and turning block aoe spells (but not turn them)
    -spell shield blocks dispel effects
    -add 7th lvl spell improved globe of invulernability that blocks 5th lvl magic and lower including breach and lower resistance. And of course dispel and remove magic.
    -add 9th lvl spell greater globe of invulernability that blocks 7th lvl magic and lower

8. Create mod for summon spell tweaks

-remove cap for number of summons at one time
    -summons now trigger traps
    -triple duration of all summon spells
    -Make it so that efreeti does not cast sunfire on its own.
    -Make morden kanan sword (and other summoned swords) immune to necro damage (negative plane) but vulnerable to blunt weapons and positive plane damage (like magic missile) at 75 percent resistance each
    -carrion summons 4 creatures instead of just one or two, has no effect against spiders and receives double damage from them.
    -devas and planetar upgraded

There is no more magic damage type; Categorize damage derived from spells with the necromancy spell description (such as larlochs minor drain, horrid wilting, harm spells) as negative plane damage instead of magic damage. Vampiric damage, like that from chaos blade and the drinker, is also negative plane damage. Holy damage like from that of holy smite will be categorized at positive plane damage. Weapons that deal extra damage against evil is positive plane damage. The spell magic missile and all other arcane magic damage that isnt from the necromancy school is possitive plane damage and deals double damage to undead while negative deals half. The 8th level spell immunity to energy will include these damage types. (If the engine does not allow creation of a new damage type then assign possitive plane to (magic damage) and negative can be assigned to an obscure damage type such as splinter from gnasher club.)

We can work out the details via PM.

I don't know how to do everything, but I can help with the stuff I know how to do. Everything else would have to be done by another modder. Here's what I can do:

Ok great. I think we can likely figure out the other ones as well, along with the list of established gibberlings3 scs and ascension mods.

The most important thing is going to be flagging every area with player1candie, so that the game doesnt end just for my main char getting knocked out
    edited April 2021

Trying to get back to this now that 2.6 is here.