Skip to content

Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition 2.5 patch

Comments

• EvilkissEvilkiss Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 96
    3 day was gone after update and in GOG 1.4.0 yet. Why? :(
  • AltairAltair Member Posts: 128
    Question: to make sure that all the changes of the patch are implemented, do we need to start a whole new game or can we continue one that was started before the patch? Thanks
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Evilkiss said:

GoG has their own process for distributing patches so it takes some time before it becomes available there unfortunately.
    ThacoBellJuliusBorisov
  • logojin7logojin7 Member Posts: 17
    Is this version v.2.5.16.3. released?
    I think the update is still in progress because 2.5.13.2 is still in GooglePlay.
    if so, When will Google Play update happen?
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462
    @logojin7 you have to wait a little for the update to hit GooglePlay.
    beamdog said:

The 2.5 patch for Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition has been released this week and is now available in the Beamdog Client and on Steam. The patch brings over 300 fixes and features to IWD:EE. Players from GOG, Google Play, App Store and Mac App Store - please be patient as it takes time for the update to populate through the various stores!

JuliusBorisovAedan
  • alboyalboy Member Posts: 59
    It still says version 1.4 on the Beamdog website too.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,643
    Altair said:

Question: to make sure that all the changes of the patch are implemented, do we need to start a whole new game or can we continue one that was started before the patch? Thanks

You might not get some of the changes if you continue a game. Example - My previously cast familiar (The Ferret) who could not cast blur due to a bug, still cannot. However if I restart the game and cast it, he can. Areas you haven't yet entered should be updated via the patch.
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    The Orcs from the North are pleased.
    Aedanlolien[Deleted User]
  • KlingeKlinge Member Posts: 31
    Why did you limited the archenemies for rangers? Pls add Demons as archenemies and the awesome staff spear for Beast Masters. -.-
    Klinge said:

Why did you limited the archenemies for rangers? Pls add Demons as archenemies and the awesome staff spear for Beast Masters. -.-

Curious - Why would a ranger have Demons as a species enemy?
  • GaelicVigilGaelicVigil Member Posts: 111
    Anyone know if this bug was fixed? I'm stuck at Labelas Tower in my current game.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/321800/discussions/0/371918937271461199/
    StummvonBordwehr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @GaelicVigil That issue, in any case, can be solved by console commands stated in the thread you link.

As for the tracker, I can't find a repro-able ticket.

If you have troubles, feel free to attach your save to a new ticket on support.baldursgate.com - our QA will look and help.
  • SirBatinceSirBatince Member Posts: 882
    edited May 2018

Anyone know if this bug was fixed? I'm stuck at Labelas Tower in my current game.

This is caused by skipping dialogue too fast. The game needs a small ammount of time to "register" giving out an item. Wait until each "The Party has lost an item" to show up for each piece.

This is caused by skipping dialogue too fast. The game needs a small ammount of time to "register" giving out an item. Wait until each "The Party has lost an item" to show up for each piece.
    Interesting... This didn't happen to me, and I reload quite often. What platform you playing on?
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    New issue with the release version of 2.5 that wasn't in the beta.

Pathfinding for the last 3 party characters in a 6 man party are getting 'stuck' on each other. This is easily reproducible in small areas like the 2nd floor of the Inn in Kuldahar. The indicator circles and sprites will overlap one another when trying to transition down to the 1st floor. This might be more of a problem with BG1 and 2 as I remember quite a few smaller areas.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    @zenblack Can you please report with screenshots on support.baldursgate.com?
    Noloir
  • DonCzirrDonCzirr Member Posts: 165
    I was checking out the 2.5 patch on my Android phone and it seems quite nice.

Any way to extend the larger font feature to map locations text? They are still quite small.
  • ArthandasArthandas Member Posts: 29
    What's the deal with the GOG version? It's been over a week and it's still sitting on 1.4.0. It's literally the only version that hasn't been updated yet and they don't even reply to sent tickets.
    Contemplative_Hamster
  • Contemplative_HamsterContemplative_Hamster Member Posts: 844
    Arthandas said:

What's the deal with the GOG version? It's been over a week and it's still sitting on 1.4.0. It's literally the only version that hasn't been updated yet and they don't even reply to sent tickets.

This incident has taught me never to buy a game from GOG which might be patched in the future. Well done, GOG.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    GOG hasalways been slower on patches than just about anything else. Really, the best reason to buy from them is lack of DRM.
    mashedtaters
  • ArthandasArthandas Member Posts: 29
    ThacoBell said:

GOG hasalways been slower on patches than just about anything else. Really, the best reason to buy from them is lack of DRM.

Yes, but it was always only 1-2 days. And there's absolutely no info why the delay.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Arthandas said:

ThacoBell said:

Yes, but it was always only 1-2 days. And there's absolutely no info why the delay.
    The patch was sent over already. So the delay is on GoG's end. I hear they don't have many devs to approve patches lately, so it takes longer.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    Yes! Got an update notification on my GOG Downloader. The IWD:EE patch is live!
    JuliusBorisov
  • LaucianNailorLaucianNailor Member Posts: 22
    Evilkiss said:

Nearly 3 weeks gone and it's still not been updated in the Mac App Store !!
    GreenWarlock
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    @LaucianNailor it does remain the most recent Mac update of the BeamDog App Store products though!
    From Julius summary of the May 18th vlog:
    "We’re trying to improve the Mac Apple Store experience for our players and to make sure you have a really good time playing our games. Once the 2.5 patch series is in good state, we’ll release patches for Baldur’s Gate: Enhanced Edition, Baldur’s Gate II: Enhanced Edition and Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition there."

Does that mean that IWD update will not be submitted until the BG series games are also ready for the 2.5 series patch? I can imagine streamlining the work for the App Store review process, submitting all three together, but does seem different to what we were expecting with the earlier release of IWD 2.5.
    LaucianNailor
    ... and finally found it at the 46:53 minutes time-mark into the May 18 livestream recording (YouTube).

Sounds like IWDEE 2.5 has NOT yet been submitted to the Mac App Store. Should be up in a week or two after they have a good build for IWDEE 2.5 - which is an odd way to talk about a patch already released?!

They are talking about bringing an focus to the Mac App Store apps once BGEE and BG2EE are released, so (my interpretation) 2.5 is probably not coming to any of the Mac App Store editions until /after/ 2.5 is released everywhere else. Then, not spoken, but with the best intention of the world, as priority 9,996 out of 10,000, I fully expect them to drop the ball again thinking "we are close and can work on all those higher priorities", just as previous patches have totally slipped between the cracks for App Store releases.

I hear the good intentions, and believe they are heartfelt, but we have a history of good intentions paving the way to more and more skipped patches :(

Hope we do get one final patch to transition to 64-bit before all 32-bit MacOS support it dropped by Apple - WWDC is just a couple of weeks away, for those of us watching for info on the next OS update...
    LaucianNailor