Skip to content

'Charname unsummoned' message and graphical 'poof' after level up in BG2

OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
Hi all, I've been noticing something strange in my latest BG2 game. After leveling up my characters, there is a 'poof', vanishing sound and a glittering graphic that indicates something invisible next to my character has disappeared. Then, the message, 'Charname: Unsummoned' appears in the game log. Anyone know what this might be? I don't *think* it's affecting the game, but it's weird.

Earlier, in Chateau Irenicus, when Jaheira joined my party, there was a message in the game log about her gaining shape shifting abilities. Weird.

Thanks in advance if anyone has any idea of the cause.

There are no mods in my current install, other than Dungeon BeGone and Tweaks Anthology v.4.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Which version of the game do you play?

Can you provide screenshots?
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for your response, @JuliusBorisov.

I play the Beamdog versions of the games (v2.3). Basically, what's happening is when my NPCs level up, they are surrounded by three puffs of smoke when I close their character sheet, and at the same time there is a 'poof' in which it appears that a simulacra of charname vanishes. However, it seems that the vanishing is in progress as I'm closing the character sheets, because I never quite catch a glimpse of my charname duplicate, only a sparkly vanishing graphic. And in the game log I get the message: 'Charname: Unsummoned.'

I have one screenshot of that game log message and I'll try to get more as time permits.

Edit: sometimes it happens when charname levels up, too.
    I've had some time to do a reinstall and testing and I think Dungeon Be Gone is the culprit.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    @OrlonKronsteen I have it happen as well in BG1. Many mods but I do have Tweaks installed of the two mentioned.
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    edited May 2018
    Please, try in an unmodded game (as an option you can try to opt-in the 2.5 beta and see if it happens there) - you can copy/paste your modded game somewhere, so that you could always return to it.
    Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
    That's how I've been testing: I took a clean install and found the issue didn't happen. I added Tweaks and found it didn't happen. So I'm suspecting it's Dungeon Be Gone, though I forgot I was also using a mod that prevents poison (and some other effects) from breaching stoneskin and mirror image. I'll try that, too.

I'm just grateful I didn't have SCS on this run as it takes soooooo long to install....

Thanks to both of you for responding. I'll continue to post if I find anything new.