Skip to content

Axe "Young Rage" - friendly fire?

Hey,

I found in Burial Isle axe called "Young Rage", I've gave it to my dwarven defender Grenmirr. In description it is said that there is 5% chance that wielder will go berserk. I've never used rage/enrage/berserk abilities playing Infinity Engine games, so I have a question:

Is it normal that enraged Young Rage wielder attacks members of his own party? If yes this +5 axe is basically useless.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    Only a berserker (a fighter kit) can control rage. Berserk coming from weapons behaves that way, yes.

You can use the special ability of Priest of Tyr to mitigate that effect.
  • MathsorcererMathsorcerer Member Posts: 3,037
    A berserk character generally attacks anything within reach. If you want to use Young Rage, I would advise keeping one copy of Exaltation memorized.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Or, here's a different idea...
    If your party members get killed by the raging Grenmirr it's because they are weak and deserve to die. :tongue:
  • HadarHadar Member Posts: 171
    Dev6 said:

Or, here's a different idea...
    If your party members get killed by the raging Grenmirr it's because they are weak and deserve to die. :tongue:

But rest of my party refuse to attack their friend Grenmirr so I'm not that sure about it. :P
  • leoproleopro Member Posts: 1
    edited July 2020
    joluv wrote: »
    Don't get rid of the axe.
    (Spoiler)

Oh! I almost have thought that I was the first one to find this way to upgrade the axe...
    Cheers!