Skip to content

BG2EE 2.5 Beta very slow

lapislapis Member Posts: 4
Hi,
I just purchased BG2 EE on Google Play Store. I installed the game on my tablet (Vodafone Tab Prime 7) and it was running fine. I wanted to try version 2.5, so I joined Beta and downloaded the new version. When I run the game, everything looks nice, except it is very slow - characters are moving very slowly, casting spells slowly etc. Imoen is even casting some spells by herself instantly after starting the game (which is a bit suspicious, but probably not related to the slowness). I tried uninstalling the game and installing it again, but nothing changed.
Stable version 1.3 was running on normal speed. What can be causing the issue on 2.5 and how to fix that? When I leave Beta and install version 1.3 again, it runs fine.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Please, report this issue on support.baldursgate.com, we'll really appreciate it.

Can you try:
    - playing zoomed in,
    - turning off quickloot
    - minimizing portraits?

Also, in your report, please, provide all information about your device&OS and times/places/conditions when it's especially laggy for you.
    lolien
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    edited May 2018
    Hello
    There are a few things you could try.

Go into the options then graphics. Disable Sprite Outlines and Highlight Selected Sprite.

Temporarily disable Party AI (lantern icon 2nd from bottom of right sidebar) to see if things like Imoen's AI script are causing issues.

If neither of those help, please add a new report to the BGII:EE public tracker (link to wiki) and include as many details of your device as possible. e.g. screen resolution, processor, graphics chip, amount of storage and so on.

Thanks
    JuliusBorisovlolien