Skip to content

[mod] Athkatlan Grounds: Southern Edge

Comments

• LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Thanks to Stars of Mystra translators, Southern Edge is now available in Polish! Cheers! :)
    Aedan
  • InKalInKal Member Posts: 196
    Polish mod finally available in Polish? Fantastic !!

xDD;PPPPPP
    I updated the mod. Merzbau noticed 2 more minor bugs. All should be fixed now. However those 2 bugs were really small an they weren't game-breaking, so no worries if you already installed v2.5 :)
  • StefanOStefanO Member Posts: 346
    I'd like to ask for a small modification:

In order to solve the "baker" quest you need a druid in your party because a druid is able to cast the goodberry spell. Nephele (a cleric NPC) has a personal spell called "Yondalla's Good Berries" which is basically a goodberry spell. It would be nice if the baker could learn from Nephele as well.
    edited February 2018
    @StefanO - Hmm, that's something I may consider. Will check the files and think about this. Funny thing about the request - I am the one who made Nephele's kit for Kaeloree (the mod author).
    Raduziel TheArtisan
    Even though the berry request isn't there (for now, it may be added later), I've decided to push the mod forward. It's been updated and now hits version 2.0. The changes include: Polish translation correction, bam fix for one of the items (for vanilla game), search region fix and brand new night map created by Sirielle, with some small changes I made myself. I always loved what Sirielle does with maps and I hope you'll enjoy the new look. Enjoy!

StefanOCaszidyRaduziel
  • James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
    "The mod is now compatible with EET and old BG2." - yay, reason to play another round of BG2 once again! Thanks Lava for your continued commitment to making superb mods!
    ...and BG2EE of course, I changed the first post as it sounds as if it was only EET or old BG2 :P Anyway, you're welcome. Enjoy the mod.
    StummvonBordwehr
    Thank you! :)
    The mod was updated! Now it includes Chinese translation by merzbau! :) Thanks!
  • xzar_montyxzar_monty Member Posts: 631
    edited April 2018
    @LavaDelVortel: This comment is just to say that I tried this mod and liked it. Good work. I'm not sure if I experienced everything it has to offer, but I'm pretty sure I came close, at least.

The young prostitute was the most difficult one to figure out. Then I realized that when speaking with people, charisma helps...
    Aedan
    I'm glad you liked it! There are some mini-quest you may find there, remember to check the whole map. I believe I also added like 2 mini-quests that tell you to go there, to the district. All in all, it was to just refresh Athkatla a bit, so there is a chance you saw most stuff out there.

Another thing - I think in Chapter 6 you may buy few new things out there. Nothing big, but maybe worth a check.

As for the charisma - yep, I wanted to add something that will remind player that charisma may actually matter :)
    AedanThacoBell
  • KaliestoKaliesto Member Posts: 282
    Hey Lava, I hope you're still active. I wanted to ask you if Southern Edge will be added at some point for BWS, and I also wanted to know why so many of your mods became unmarked on the recommended setting.

Was there a bad bug found? I was a little concerned tis all.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    I think it's more of the question who is maintaining or not to say who is not maintaining the BWS.
    Are Lava's mods the only ones being removed from the recommended setting? If they were removed in a greater fashion than other mods, then I can say it's not a real secret the current most active maintainer of the BWS is not fond of Lava's mods.
    If the recommended flag was changed for a lot of other mods, too, then I said nothing.
  • verlaineverlaine Member Posts: 47
    edited April 2018
    jastey said:

I think it's more of the question who is maintaining or not to say who is not maintaining the BWS.
    Are Lava's mods the only ones being removed from the recommended setting? If they were removed in a greater fashion than other mods, then I can say it's not a real secret the current most active maintainer of the BWS is not fond of Lava's mods.
    If the recommended flag was changed for a lot of other mods, too, then I said nothing.

Most mods in the BG2EE/EET selection are no longer pre-selected. There has been a lot of discussion I have seen at SHS about the no longer usable pre-selection of *recommended* feature of the BWS. They now go for free choice rather than proposing something that is not verified anymore.
    It's a global change and not targeted at anything or anyone, even it has become popular to blame the ones who still maintain and care about the tool.
    Maybe it's best to discuss this in the BWS topic at SHS?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    verlaine said:

Maybe it's best to discuss this in the BWS topic at SHS?

Definitely. And it's good to hear that it's a general change, and that BWS maintenance is not influenced by personal likes or dislikes. Not everyone is capable of doing so.

• Necromanx2Necromanx2 Member Posts: 1,246
    @LavaDelVortel, I have a quest question for you.

The Icon of Dispair quest. How do you finish it? I have ended BG2EE a couple times now and have not found how to complete it.
    As far as I remember, you start witht taling to the guy in the house who was robbed, then you talk to Charleston Nib in the tavern, then you take to icon to the temple in SE, there you find you may need to talk to someone at Oghma's temple. You can find one in the Docks. Then fnally, you can give the icon to the robbed man so he could study it.
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited May 2018
    Does this mod biff its own content on EE games?
    I'm not sure I understand the question. The mod recognizes if that's EE game or the old one and uses proper files, accurate to the version you install it on.
    edited May 2018
    As you probably know, there are some mods (e.g. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast) that add new biff files to the data folder and update chitin.key to reference the biffed data. What about your mod(s)?
    StummvonBordwehr
  • Icewind_BearIcewind_Bear Member Posts: 8
    Luke93 said:

As you probably know, there are some mods (e.g. Northern Tales of the Sword Coast) that add new biff files to the data folder and update chitin.key to reference the biffed data. What about your mod(s)?

This information is no longer valid for EE games. The NTotSC you quote does not use biffing anymore like it used to for old games. Biffing applied by mods on EE is known to cause problems with graphic files and sounds.
    _Luke_
  • GwendolyneGwendolyne Member Posts: 461
    @LavaDelVortel is much more qualified to answer, but I don't remember any of his mods biffing the files. :)

Yeah, there's no biffing. Thanks for additional answers, I am super tired after work.
    StummvonBordwehr
    edited May 2018

Yeah, there's no biffing

Good to know :) So, I assume this is the case for all your other Quest mods, right? And they must be installed first (before everything else), correct?
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    StummvonBordwehr
    Actually it should work even if they are installed later. I tied them in many different configuration when I was for example updating them and never had any problems with areas / biffing.
    StummvonBordwehr
  • ChidojuanChidojuan Member Posts: 211
    Love your work brother, thanks for all that you do.
    Aerakar
  • SeiSei Member Posts: 18
    edited July 2018
    Hi, Lava : )
    I have a minor problem and while it might be looked upon more thoroughly I am looking for a quick-fix, as I don't want to start all over again with a new game.

I finished the quest for Dreppin and his lovely cow Nessa, but in the Journal there are 2 remaining entries in the "Quests" section. There is no entry on this quest in the "Completed Quests" section.

How can do I make this quest appear as a completed one in the journal?
    And, perhaps, what should I change for the game to register that theis quest is, in fact, already finished?

I'm open to any SK, etc. solutions.

Thanks in advance! ^^
    (You make awesome mods.)