Skip to content

Android Mod Request?

TeclaTecla Member Posts: 12
edited April 2018 in BGII:EE Mods
Hi everyone. I've seen threads about android mods on BG games and I want to request some mods to use on my saves (mainly for BG2 EE though). I have the last public patch for the game, so hopefully it's possible to port the mods I would like to see on android. Many thanks to the person who would like to help me out on this.

The mods I would love to see are...

Unfinished Business for BG2EE - All components if possible.

Romance Encounters BG2 (G3) - I tried this mod before when I ported it but the dialogue didn't seem to work (probably from something I did wrong) so I'd like to have all the components of the mod.

Quest Pack - All components

Tweaks Anthology - All components

BG2 Unofficial Items - All components

Crossmod Banter Pack (G3) - EVERYTHING except for romantic conflicts (hopefully it doesn't conflicts with Romance Encounters)

Also, if possible, can someone unlock all locations or at least clear the black stuff to make exploration easier? I hate wandering around the locations sometimes bc of how repetitive this gets.

Thanks again to whoever does this for me. I would really appreciate it since I loved playing with mods on the PC version until it stopped working :(
Post edited by Tecla on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Tecla, and welcome to the forum.

Happy to create the modfile for use but you will need to be a bit more specific on the components within the mods. For example, if I were to add all components for the Tweaks Anthology, some would cancel themselves out or conflict with each other. I am unsure what your preferred gaming style is so I would be very bad at making the decision.

If you could create a text file that contains the which components (particulatly if there are multiple parts to the component) of the mods you want installed, then that would make the install a bit easier. Have a look here for some examples, don't have to be exact but you'll get my meaning. Also, unaware of what the Quest Pack or the Crossmod Banter pack are. Any chance you could throw a link to them? The rest should be fine.

Not sure about the Fog of War, but will see what can happen.

Need to confirm the version of BG2EE you have installed. I don't have the beta installed so still using v1.3.x.

Thanks
    Gus
  • TeclaTecla Member Posts: 12
    Gusinda said:

Hi @Tecla, and welcome to the forum.

Happy to create the modfile for use but you will need to be a bit more specific on the components within the mods. For example, if I were to add all components for the Tweaks Anthology, some would cancel themselves out or conflict with each other. I am unsure what your preferred gaming style is so I would be very bad at making the decision.

If you could create a text file that contains the which components (particulatly if there are multiple parts to the component) of the mods you want installed, then that would make the install a bit easier. Have a look here for some examples, don't have to be exact but you'll get my meaning. Also, unaware of what the Quest Pack or the Crossmod Banter pack are. Any chance you could throw a link to them? The rest should be fine.

Not sure about the Fog of War, but will see what can happen.

Need to confirm the version of BG2EE you have installed. I don't have the beta installed so still using v1.3.x.

Thanks
    Gus

Thanks for responding Gus. I have been using one of your BG1 mod files and it is working very well and about the Tweaks Anthology, I would like to get...

Improved Athkatlan City Guard
    Weapon Animation Tweaks
    Icon Improvements
    Bonus Merchants

Remove Experience Cap
    Allow Thieving in Heavy Armor
    Allow Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
    Alter Weapon Proficiency System--all changes
    No Restrictions on Multiple Protection Items
    Cast Spells at Character Level
    Shopkeepers Unlimited Identifying Ability
    Multi-class Grandmastery
    True Grandmastery

Higher HP on Level Up--maximum
    Higher HP on Joinable NPCs
    Identify All Items
    Easy Spell Learning--unlimited spells per level
    Bottomless Bags of Holding
    Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells
    Change Effect on Reputation--stores gives discounts for higher rep
    Unlimited Ammo, Jewelery, Potions, Scrolls
    No Traps or Locks
    Invisible Cloak of Mirroring/Spell Trap effects
    Keep Drizzt's Loot
    Rest Anywhere
    Minimum Stats Cheat--15

Looking through the thread, it does seems like a lot of the anthology changes would definitely conflict with the mods I have listed. I wouldn't want the mods to conflict like you said since that would be really bad.

Here's the link to the Quest Pack http://www.pocketplane.net/mambo/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=128&Itemid=100

I'm not sure if the AI, Creature, and Area components would conflict with the Tweaks stuff I want, but if it does then I don't want them.

Links to Crossover Banter Pack and Romantic Encounters
    http://gibberlings3.net/crossmod/index.php
    http://gibberlings3.net/romanticencounters/

I'm hoping these two mods won't conflict if they both have dialogues from the same characters, but if they do then I rather have the Crossover Banter Pack only (without romance conflicts).

My BG2EE is on version 1.3.2064

I really appreciate you doing this favor for me. I want to enhance my BG gaming experience by adding these great mods to the game :smiley:
    @Tecla, attached is the requested modfile. Here is a rundown.

The parts in [ ] are just some comments or choices I made. For the choices, if they are wrong, let me know and I can redo it.

Unfinished Business - All
    - [There was a possible error on install for compontent - The Suna Seni/Valygar Relationship Restoration - where it didn't recognise some of a line. I would keep that in mind if you have some problems with that quest.]

Quest Pack - All
    - Install Creature & Area Improvement [1 - All Creatures & Area]
    - Miscellaneous Enhancements [1 - With Random Encounters]
    - Improved Oasis II [1 - IOS Dialogue & Combat Enhancement]

Romantic Encounters - All

CrossMod Banter Pack - All [Some parts not installed - Original BG2 required for them]

Unofficial Item Pack - All

Tweaks Anthology v4.0
    - Weapon Animation Tweaks
    - Icon Improvements
    - Improved Athkatlan City Guard
    - Bonus Merchants [Not available for BG2EE, BG1 only]

- Remove Experience Cap
    - Allow Thieving in Heavy Armor
    - Allow Spellcasting in Heavy Armor
    - No Restrictions on Multiple Protection Items
    - Alter Weapon Proficiency System--all changes [Not sure what you mean here, there are five choice, selected 1 - Rebalance Weapon Proficiencies. If this is wrong, let me know and it can be fixed]
    - Cast Spells at Character Level
    - Shopkeepers Unlimited Identifying Ability [Not installed - installing any option would restrict shopkeepers in the way the identify]
    - Multi-class Grandmastery
    - True Grandmastery

- Higher HP on Level Up--maximum
    - Higher HP on Joinable NPCs
    - Identify All Items
    - Easy Spell Learning--unlimited spells per level
    - Bottomless Bags of Holding
    - Remove Fatigue from Restoration Spells
    - Change Effect on Reputation--stores gives discounts for higher rep [Not installed, Stores already give discounts for Higher rep. This one basically looks at lower rep discounts or fixed prices]
    - Unlimited Ammo, Jewelery, Potions, Scrolls
    - No Traps or Locks
    - Invisible Cloak of Mirroring/Spell Trap effects
    - Keep Drizzt's Loot
    - Rest Anywhere
    - Minimum Stats Cheat--15 [All stats to min 15]

Area Explored - I managed to find a mod that clears the Fog of War upon entering the area. I grabbed hold of the script text and modified the default scripts then added them to your override folder. If you don't use scripts for any of your characters you will need to just turn on Auto AI when entering a new area, then you can turn it off again, If you use something other than default, let me know and I can make the adjustments to it/them.

So far as the install goes, I gather that you are aware of the install procedure. Just make sure that you remove any current override folder and the attached modfile (after it is extracted). If I am incorrect, let me know and we can go though installation and unstallation... I have also included the WeiDU log for the install (just incase).

Hope it all goes well
    Gus
    Tecla
    @Gusinda Thank you so much! I'll definitely try out the mod soon to see if everything is working well. I don't mind the removed things just as long as they don't conflict with the other mods so it's fine.

By the way, do you know of a mod that removes the XP cap in BG1EE? I noticed that my level didn't increased when I imported my Black Pits character to the BG main campaign.
    Gusinda
    @Tecla, Tweaks Anthology has am XP Cap removal component. However, since you are on Android and possibly only want the files to throw into override, the is this thread that discusses and provides the files...

You did say that you were using one of the modfiles done previously. Which one was it. There aren't many that don't have the XP Cap already removed.

Gus
    Tecla
    @Gusinda Alright I see. I think it's not compatible with characters imported from the black pits into the main game, but I've been able to deal with it.

You don't mind me asking for a mod file any time soon right? Hahaha. I don't want to seem annoying. The mod file you sent me works very well without any issues so I appreciate it.
    edited May 2018
    @Tecla, no probs ask away. I can get it done. It just depends on what is occurring at the time as to how quickly it could be done. Is it only the uncapped XP change or do you want some more mods installed?

Gus

Edit: I just had a look at your current modfile and it appears that the "Change Experience Point Cap -> Remove Experience Cap: v4" is already installed. Could you also post your saved game that has the Black Pit characters, just to see if there is something else... To confirm on your device, the WeiDU.log that was posted will have the contents of the mods installed.
    @Gusinda I already checked the log and everything works well on my BG2 game, but the XP cap thing wasn't working on my BG1 game (with my black pits character imported to the BG1 main campaign). It's all fine though, I'm just focusing on BG2 now that I have already finished BG1.
    Gusinda
  • Allanon81Allanon81 Member Posts: 326
    Just drop this into override?
    Hi @Allanon8, not really. It is a modfile that is preferenced to a specific set of mods (as seen in the WeiDU.log). If you have an override folder already, then part of the install is to remove/rename that folder. It may well be that you could then copy all/some of the other mods that you already have back into the override folder...

Feel free, of course, to give it a try. It was made for the version 1.3.x game and wont work with the 2.x series.

To Install:
    - Delete/rename any current override folder to get rid of any conflicts that might arise.
    - Copy 'BG2EE Modfile.Telca.v1.zip' to '/android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/'
    - Unpack 'BG2EE Modfile.Telca.v1.zip' in the folder keeping paths.
    - Delete 'BG2EE Modfile.Telca.v1.zip' or move to another folder.

You should now have the following in the folder 'android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateiienhancededition/files/':
    override (folder)
    save (folder)
    baldur.ini (file)
    lang.zip (file)

You can now test the game to see if it starts. If it doesn't double check to make sure 'BG2EE Modfile.Telca.v1.zip' isn't in the same folder as lang.zip and it was moved not copied (common error)...

I have also included the WeiDU.log, so you can see exactly what was installed.

To Uninstall:
    - Delete override folder
    - Delete lang.zip

You are now back to running a vanilla version of BG2EE.

If you want to install other other override friendly mods then it is likely they would work with no probs. If there is a conflict/unexpected results, then have a look at the WeiDU.log. It might give some insight.

Hope it works fine for you.

Enjoy
    Gus
  • BlackageddonBlackageddon Member Posts: 4
    I'm trying to follow your instructions Gus, but when I encounter a mod character, I get a dialogue that says "Invalid", followed by a number. All the different alternatives are stated as "Invalid: xxxxxx".
    I run version 2.5.16.6

Could you help me out here?
    Hi @Blackageddon, and welcome to the forum. The problem here is that the modfile itself is made for v1.3.2064 games. This means that the dialog file is not suitable for the current version of the game.

It comes down to what you are looking for in the modfile itself; dialogue based / convienence / additional classes etc. They are a number of modfiles made for various members that you could use or if you want something specific, I have no problems in putting something together for you.

There are a couple of generic modfiles that were made for the entire series that can be found here and another set here.

As I said, if neither of these are what you a chasing, then put together a list of mods (showing which components) that you want. It doesn't take long...

If you have a PC, I can show you the way how to create a modfile and that way, you aren't reliant on anyone else.

Gus