Skip to content

How to increase Attacks per Round beyond 5

fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
edited May 2018 in General Modding
I'm looking for a way to double the attacks per round of NPCs via the .cre files. Is there an effect or opcode I could use for this? Opcode 1 Attacks Per Round Modifier is capped at 5 attacks per round. Using haste opcodes (#16 and #317) gives you all the other bonuses of haste which I don't want (also i still want the NPCs to be able to benefit from haste and not already be flagged as hasted). So my question is, is there a clean way of doing this? I'm not opposed to using multiple opcodes or effect files if that is needed. Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Comments

• kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Nope, 5 is the maximum for APR.
    Even with haste, you're still only making 5 attacks per round, those rounds just process in half the time.
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    Thanks for clarifying, so I guess what I wish to achieve is to apply that "half of the time" effect without speeding up anything else apart from physical attacks. Do you know if that is possible?
  • kjeronkjeron Member Posts: 2,367
    Nope. The various haste options only determine how your effective APR is adjusted, but they all affect everything else in the same way.

Trying to stack it with Slow will not work either, as Haste and Slow fully suppress each other in equal quantities, rather than stacking their effects in some manner.
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    I don't know if this is what you want, but you could combine the "double time" effect with double APR without increased movement rate by applying a movement rate modifier opcode that sets their movement to 50%, canceling out the doubled movement that comes with haste.
  • fortysevenfortyseven Member Posts: 96
    Thanks kjeron, bit of a bummer but at least it is good to know the hard limits of the engine. Regarding your suggestion semitic, I had thought about this option as well, but in the end I don't want all NPCs to have a hasted status.