Skip to content

[MOD] Haer'Dalis Romance and Friendship

LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
Hey! As this forums is not included in G3 IE Modding News feature, I thought I would inform you manually - Haer'Dalis Romance just got update and Haer'Dalis Friendship is now released! Enjoy, everyone!

We are happy to announce that we do not only release Haer'Dalis Romance updade (v2.2), but we're also happy to welcome a brand new NPC IEP mod: Haer'Dalis Friendship!

Haer'Dalis Friendship, as other NPC IEP mods, adds many new lines to the existing companions. This time it's for the famous bard, wielder of Chaos and Entropy. There are a total of 20 new dialogues added by the mod, 15 in SoA and 5 in ToB. Some of these do have particular circumstances in which they occur. The mod was brought to you by Aeryn (writer), with some help from Rhaella (coding and release preparation) and Lava (coding).

Download
Forums

If you are interested in more intimate relationship with the tiefling bard, try Haer'Dalis Romance. Version 2.2 includes: improved BG2EE and EET compatibility, the SoA romance track will now turn off properly if the romance is ended, ToB banters will no longer fire repeatedly. The update was provided by Rhaella.

Download
Forum
Mantis37AedanEekanImpCaszidyGusindaJuliusBorisovStefanOSssiksseilorAaeightFina92Isewein

Comments

• EekanImpEekanImp Member Posts: 28
    edited May 2018
    The IEP NPC expansion mods have always been some of my FAVORITES. Though they've been rare - if not non-existent - these past few years. Seeing this post was such a pleasant surprise. Thank you for continuing to bring out such quality mods. :)

I can't wait to experience what the new Haer'Dalis Friendship brings to the game. <3
    LavaDelVortel
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,679
    I'm glad you're happy with the news :) I hope you'll be happy with the mod's content as well :)
    EekanImp
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    Thank you very much, Lava, for your contribution to this mod <3
    Those wouldn't happen without @Rhaella - I just created base code for the friendship long time ago. Rhaella now updated it and make the wonder happen :) We should all give her a huge hug! :)
    Caszidy
  • CelaireCelaire Member Posts: 1
    Could you upload Haer'Dalis Romance to somewhere else? All links are dead :(
    Sorry, but I can't. The rules at SHS say that only the author may decide to make mirror downloads and I am not an author. I may helped with a thing or two, but that's all. I am monitoring problem with SHS' server and I hope it will be back soon.
    SHS is back :) The mods should be available again.
  • whisperthedarkwhisperthedark Member Posts: 1
    so, it is down again and I really wanted to download this romance, could anyone send me the file?
    Thank you!
  • fluke13fluke13 Member Posts: 399
    I totally missed this before, excellent work, will be checking it out soon :)
    ...and the forum is back again!
  • AstharielAsthariel Member Posts: 6
    I am late, but I just want to say I am impressed with how much you guys are still working on improving the game. If mods can give the game a second life, in the case of BG II I think we are at 7th or 8th already, with an amount of great NPC improving mods.

Haer'Dalis is one of more interesting characters, so I am really thankful that we get additional mod focusing on him. May Tymora smile on all of you, you crazy people!
    woogirl
  • CaszidyCaszidy Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 299
    I am sorry for writing this here, but there is probably no right place, so my question @LavaDelVortel just to be sure that I don't miss something - there are not friendship mods for Edvin and Nalia right? There is only Edvin romance mod and that wonderful De'Arnise Romance mod (which unfortunatelly lacks ToB part of the game) right?
    I just want to be sure what mods install for my next run o:)
    And of course hats off for this amazing piece of work, Haer'Dalis needs this and you delivered :+1:
    Note that I am not an author of Haer'Dalis Romance or a writer of Haer'Dalis Friendship. Amazing Aeryn wrote those mods :) I coded the friendship and help to update stuff so the mods (not just these, but SHS mods in general) were playable on EE. Also Rhaella helped with the Romance.

Anyway, you're right: there are no friendship mods for Edwin nor there is one for Nalia. I hope they will be written and released on some point.

Cheers!
    Caszidy
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Hi @LavaDelVortel , a question : If I got the romance installed and my character is male , does he get the banters/interactions from the friendship mod?
    I do nor really remember and I think @Rhaella may be the better person to ask :)
    DJKajuru
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    You should still get them, yes. And if you don't, let us know since we'll need to fix that!
    LavaDelVortel
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    Rhaella said:

You should still get them, yes. And if you don't, let us know since we'll need to fix that!

Thank you @Rhaella ! While the website is off I'll install the romance and enjoy the friendship, then =D
  • woogirlwoogirl Member Posts: 14
    Hi, this mod looks really nice, but the links provided are not working because the site is down...Should I wait for it to be back or is there another way to download? Also, do I have to choose between friendship and romance? or cai have both in the game. Thanks a lot
  • RhaellaRhaella Member, Developer Posts: 178
    @woogirl, waiting is probably best. I could send you the romance, but I don't have the most recent version and don't entirely remember what had to be fixed.

You can have both installed in the game, but you won't get both sets of talks. If you're playing as a female character, you'll need to tell him that you're not interested in order to get the friendship instead of romance talks.
    woogirl
  • woogirlwoogirl Member Posts: 14
    I will wait then, it's ok. Thanks for the fast and kind answer ^^
  • amellgamellg Member Posts: 1
    Hi! I seem to have a problem with Haer'Dalis friendship mod.

I am playing EET and have installed both Romance(v2.2) and Friendship(v1.0) mod. When I turned off the romance through PID (or simply CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("LS_HaerDalisRomanceActive","GLOBAL",3)) after LT2, Haer'Dalis began to behave odd: frequently stop while walking, and raised his weapons, just look like he was trying to talk to someone. And he didn't say anything and just stayed where he was, when I kick him out of the party.
    Since then he never start a friendship talk with me no matter how long the time has passed.

Is there any advice to solve this problem? Thanks for the help in advance!
  • YermogYermog Member Posts: 2
    Hello! I had this mod on my previous computer and thoroughly enjoyed it. But I'm trying to find the mod to install it on my new computer, and I can't find it anywhere. The links provided above lead to a SQL server error, and the Gibberlings Three website doesn't seem to have it anymore. Does anyone know where else I can download this mod? I would really appreciate it!
  • YermogYermog Member Posts: 2
    edited August 2019
    So I was able to find a link to the romance mod via web.archive.org. It seems to work just fine for me, so hopefully it'll work just fine for everyone else, too!
    Caszidy
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    edited September 2019
    does it still crash the romance if you go to underdark before doing his bard troupe rescue?
    Post edited by ussnorway on