Skip to content

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "The Tale of TEN THOUSAND Trials"

Comments

• Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited May 2018

I wonder if you die when protected from petrification. Just curious.

I agree it's worth testing, though I suspect it's a scripted death and spell protection wouldn't work. I'm pretty sure it's a non-standard trap - my memory is it works on enemies as well as you (making spells like confusion and horror even more lethal than usual B)).
    EnuhalWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • lroumenlroumen Member Posts: 2,508
    I've never heard of that occurring... Wow.
    EnuhalWise_GrimwaldCrevsDaak
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    Enuhal said:

I just did a short test: Protection from Petrification does indeed protect you from this way to die!

That's the way that it should be. :)
    EnuhalStummvonBordwehrCrevsDaaklolien
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 996
    edited May 2018

Enuhal said:

The Meatgrinder Challenge - Final Update

I had no idea that the Planar Prison Key actually serves a purpose. I simply never forgot to loot the Warden before going to free Haer'Dalis before. This time, I did forget. So, it turns out that if you enter the area where the prisoners are kept without having the key, you get turned to stone. This happened to Swidhun, ending my game at this point - well, at least this run did result in me learning something completely new to me: I had no idea it was even possible to die this way. Enuhal

I wonder if you die when protected from petrification. Just curious.

@Wise_Grimwald If it's a scripted death, then nothing helps. At the Duchal Palace in BG 1, it's like you can have 100% fire resistance, but yet if you say you don't have invitations you die by flamestrike, and your fire resistance does not save you, nor do your HP. I would definitely not count on PfP saving you in no-reload, should be tested in a non-no-reload context.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

I recall being able to immediately leave the prison simply by hopping over the trigger using Dimension Door.

I haven't played the prison since my last character died there, and that was a year ago, but don't you need to get the key before being able to leave?
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,848
    edited June 2018
    Caedmon couldn't save Mellicamp but could save the nearby vampire. He headed south and aquired some Ankheg armour plus a letter on the body of an ogrillon and the Colquetle amulet. He took them to their owners and by so doing gained a ring of protection. He found a ring of protection from fire and took Samuel to the FAI.

He returned Joia's ring and then started ankhef hunting. It was difficult at first but became easier after gaining level 3. He eventually gained level 5.

EDIT

After doing some shopping for a pfp scroll and a necklace of missiles he now intends to hunt some Basilisks. Montaron helped him aquire a cloak, some scrolls and some potions, but most important a better hammer as his unenchanted ones were forever breaking. Montaron stayed behind at Ulgoth's beard.
    Post edited by Wise_Grimwald on
    EnuhalStummvonBordwehrussnorway
  • Mantis37Mantis37 Member Posts: 1,173
    Thanks for the info. I'm mainly on android these days so will have to install any mods on the SoD app again anyway :).
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • ussnorwayussnorway Member Posts: 341
    update:
    Killed a Dragon by zapping him in his sleep and set prisoners free to remove the bridge guards

we decided to grab the shortsword from its underground safe but we didn't feel like fighting the buggy backstabber so ran out... the squid followed us out of the room so we shut the door on his guards and had an easy battle

recharge the mind locket, ring of invis and both missile necklaces then teleport inside the fort and hand over the spider leg to end the session
    AerakarStummvonBordwehrEnuhalCrevsDaak
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    @semiticgod That's how every battle against a Lich should look like!
    semiticgoddessCrevsDaak