Skip to content

Neverwinter Nights: Darkness Over Daggerford Is Now Available!

JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
edited June 2018 in News
Beamdog presents: Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford! A classic DnD adventure, developed and enhanced with new voice over and nearly 500 gameplay improvements by Ossian Studios.

Enjoy a 25+ journey in the Forgotten Realms, venturing through the Sword Coast as you build your own stronghold!

https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-darkness-over-daggerford
https://www.beamdog.com/products/neverwinter-nights-darkness-over-daggerford-official-soundtrack

http://www.ossianstudios.com/downloads/DoD_Enhanced_v2.0_Change_Log.txt

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/neverwinter-nights-darkness-over.html
Post edited by JuliusBorisov on
GreenWarlockAedanbatoorHunterRayder93ShadowMThacoBellRaduzielStummvonBordwehrSssiksseilorhook71TakisMegaslolienAnduinAxie

Comments

• DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Is there a place where we can see the bug fixes? :smile:
    JuliusBorisovVarwulf
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714

Is there a place where we can see the bug fixes? :smile:

Working on it.
    DoubledimasVarwulfTorgrimmer
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Actual new content? That's great news! And also a reason for me to finally get NN:EE; not today, but definitely soon!
    JuliusBorisovGreenWarlock
  • MiraStastnyMiraStastny Member Posts: 813

Actual new content? That's great news! And also a reason for me to finally get NN:EE; not today, but definitely soon!

It's not a new content.
  • aarionnaarionn Member Posts: 94
    What a nice surprise! Instabuy for me! Bring it more please :)
    JuliusBorisov
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    When is it coming to Beamdog's store? And what about the portrait pack?
  • HunterRayder93HunterRayder93 Member Posts: 266

Beamdog presents: Neverwinter Nights: Darkness over Daggerford! A classic DnD adventure, developed and enhanced with new voice over and nearly 500 gameplay improvements by Ossian Studios.

Enjoy a 25+ journey in the Forgotten Realms, venturing through the Sword Coast as you build your own stronghold!

http://blog.beamdog.com/2018/06/neverwinter-nights-darkness-over.html

@JuliusBorisov can I ask you a curiosity? For those who have already purchased the Deluxe and then redeemed on steam as I did, this new module marks it now among the contents of the deluxe but tells me that I have to buy it, there was a way for those who redeemed the deluxe before Would you put this form in the store using a game key?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Mirak said:

It's not a new content.
    This remastered game has all Ossian Studios had aspired to have for an official Neverwinter Nights product, including new art and audio, and most importantly it incorporates a huge amount of improvements and fixes based on fan feedback and critiques of the original.
    HunterRayder93Torgrimmerlolien
    hmm I have deluxe I bought on the first day. I do not remember this module being part of it. I just purchased it on steam it is 7 eur.
    I just started a new DoD game and whoa.... Maybe I forgot a lot of it, but I am not sure it looked so great! Characters, weapons and clothing looks great! And a new voice overs... I am going back to play.
    lolien
    aarionn said:

hmm I have deluxe I bought on the first day. I do not remember this module being part of it. I just purchased it on steam it is 7 eur.

si steam marks the module part of the deluxe content

aarionn said:

@HunterRayder93 It is part of the "BUNDLE" that steam is offering right now, but not of the Digital Deluxe version of the game.

So if you bought before Digital Deluxe version (and if you buy it now on Beamdog for example, you do not get DoD.

• VarwulfVarwulf Member Posts: 564
    edited June 2018
    I know I have been radio silent for awhile, but this is exciting. So exciting, that in addition to the weekend sale, I just bought 4x copies of NWN:EE (and some of the DLCs) for friends of mine, as well as some of the Infinity:EEs as well for friends.

If I could, I'd buy a copy of each game for everyone in the world.

Keep Beamdogging, you guys. I love everything you guys and gals do and what you're all about.

Your BFF (Biggest Fan Forever),
    Varwulf

PS - If you need me to James Bond my way into some secret lair somewhere to uncover the source code for Icewind Dale 2, you need only say the word.

PSS - Seriously, I'm all for it. Just point me in a direction and I'll jump.

You MAAE (Most Anxious Agent Ever),
    Me, again
    aarionnronaldololienTakisMegas
    aarionn said:

aarionn said:

@HunterRayder93 It is part of the "BUNDLE" that steam is offering right now, but not of the Digital Deluxe version of the game.

So if you bought before Digital Deluxe version (and if you buy it now on Beamdog for example, you do not get DoD.

mmm ok will mean that I will buy it then
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

Mirak said:

It's not a new content.
    This remastered game has all Ossian Studios had aspired to have for an official Neverwinter Nights product, including new art and audio, and most importantly it incorporates a huge amount of improvements and fixes based on fan feedback and critiques of the original.
    Is FPC one of those improvements?
  • Dark_AnsemDark_Ansem Member Posts: 992
    Raduziel said:

Mirak said:

It's not a new content.
    First person combat?
    edited June 2018

Raduziel said:

Mirak said:

It's not a new content.
    First person combat?
    Talk about controlling multiple characters at the same time FPC = Full-Party-Control, but I do not think part of this, is a remastered Module not a remake add only new portrates,voice acting and new Soundtracks.
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    edited June 2018
    I have to say, it is disappointing Digital Deluxe owners have to pay the extra money for a module that was released free in the first place.

Edit: Sorry, was kinda grumpy. Admittedly, I knew there would be new modules I wouldn't own. It's just rough paying that much for it and then seeing the pricetag on this, even on sale, for something I could get the old version for free. I mean this more as feedback than being a grumpy, entitled jerk about it lol. And now I see it is part of the Digital Deluxe version on Steam but I already own that from you guys and still have to pay the extra for the new module :disappointed:.

Is there any chance the key will be on our account sometime soon (for the Digital Deluxe owners)?
    Post edited by themazingness on
    edited June 2018

I have to say, it is disappointing Digital Deluxe owners have to pay the extra money for a module that was released free in the first place.

Edit: Sorry, was kinda grumpy. Admittedly, I knew there would be new modules I wouldn't own. It's just rough paying that much for it and then seeing the pricetag on this, even on sale, for something I could get the old version for free. I mean this more as feedback than being a grumpy, entitled jerk about it lol. And now I see it is part of the Digital Deluxe version on Steam but I already own that from you guys and still have to pay the extra for the new module :disappointed:.

Is there any chance the key will be on our account sometime soon (for the Digital Deluxe owners)?

@themazingness The DoD module is not part of the Deluxe version of the game. You will have to buy it separately.

What is misleading on the Steam is that they are selling now Digital Deluxe BUNDLE which is not the same as Digital Deluxe version of the game.

themazingness
  • themazingnessthemazingness Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 702
    That makes sense. Still bummed it's $10. That seems pricey for Daggerford that you can go get for free here: https://neverwintervault.org/project/nwn1/module/darkness-over-daggerford-canceled-premium-module.
  • rede9rede9 Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,947
    edited June 2018
    Do you plan to make it a standalone game like Android BG-SoD?
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    rede9 said:

Do you plan to make it a standalone game like Android BG-SoD?

I doubt it. Siege of Dragonspear was made a stand-alone game for mobile because of app-size limitations for the iOS App Store and Google Play Store (IRIC, both have a 4GB limit). Since NWN:EE is for PCs (i.e., Windows, macOS, Linux), such a limitation doesn't apply.
    rede9
    The old version of DoD will stay free on the Vault, but the enhanced version is a much better game and experience.

As follows from the change log (linked by Doubledimas), the number of unique changes in the enhanced version of Darkness over Daggerford is actually closer to 1000, and they mean only DoD changes, not general NWN:EE engine changes.
    lolienthemazingnessSssiksseilorspacejaws
  • Garvin77Garvin77 Member Posts: 52
    I agree with @themazingness, charging money for originally free content, whether upgraded/enhanced/remastered/etc. or not, is a wholly amoral and unethical move. I am SO NOT BUYING. I would much rather make my own personal remake with the EE tools after downloading the free version for my personal use (in fact, I bet there's a good number of people doing this now). For shame, Beamdog. First, montreal enacts laws that let them kill animals just because they're a breed they don't like, and now, this? Methinks I was wrong about canada: its people are just as cold as their land.
  • StummvonBordwehrStummvonBordwehr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,342
    Yes they are a cruel lot... they have the audacity to make and update stuff - and charge money. Other companies simply wouldnt do that..

BTW: Beamdog even makes the game playable for tablets. It so cruel to take away all my non existing sparetime... where will I find the time?