Skip to content

Pathfinder : Kingmaker

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Where's my D&D game that lets me play a kobold?
    VallmyrGrammarsaladShapiroKeatsDarkMagemashedtaters
  • VallmyrVallmyr Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 2,457
    I'd love to play Relki, my Kobold Arcane Trickster girl eventually >_>

Art is by RPGtoons but commissioned by me.
    ronaldoThacoBellmashedtatersleeux
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    ThacoBell said:

Where's my D&D game that lets me play a kobold?

Ever since my DnD group’s last session, I’ve been wanting a game where you can play as a scorpion centaur guy.
    KamigoroshiThacoBellSkatanmashedtaters
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    edited April 2018
    Nimran said:

Ever since my DnD group’s last session, I’ve been wanting a game where you can play as a scorpion centaur guy.

I used to enjoy play as an Stinger/Scorpionman within NwN:SoU when it freshly came out. Think I used PRC's Wemic race, switched the model, changed the "Subrace" text name to "Stinger" and crawled my happy way. Lots of fun if memory serves right. :)

To a lesser extent, you could also play as an Drow Favored Soul of Vulkoor in D&D Online. While they cannot transform into one, they can get a feat to summon a Drow Scorpion. Which is basically Eberrons answer to Forgotten Realms Drider.
    Nimran
  • EnialusMeliamneEnialusMeliamne Member Posts: 399
    I backed this, PoE and PoE2. I'm definitely going to enjoy the summer break with two of the three mentioned releasing during that window.
    lordkimkanisathaSkatan
    edited April 2018
    For those interested, here is a list of all romanceable NPC's:

Here is the full list of Romanceable companions as confirmed multiple times by the Devs:

Octavia (Bisexual)
    Valerie (Straight)
    Tristian (Straight)
    Regongar (Bisexual)
    Octavia and Regongar at the same time (Bisexual).

People who have no romances:
    Linzi (which has made everyone super sad)
    Harrim (which is kinda sad, but makes a bit of sense)
    Nok-Nok (despite widespread fan support)
    Nok-Nok and Linzi at once (Definitely unequivocally not! You can write some fanfiction about it, but it's never getting in the game, even if a blind date followed by an epic medieval rap battle [the actual term of art is flyting but rap battle captures the essence] atop a burning building would be super amazing and everyone would love it)
    Amiri (for reasons?)
    Jubilost (Forever Alone, for Jubilost, no one regrets this fact)
    Ekun (the man can't even take care of his first family and you're going to give him a chance at a second? yeah, right)
    Jaethal (Romance should be warm and fuzzy, not room-temperature)

It was also mentioned that there would be other romances, which involves non-joinable NPC's. But alas, as it turns out this feature was cut due to time constraints. And of couse no political marriages involving the kingdom as well... ugh.
    JuliusBorisovThacoBellVallmyrSkatan
    edited April 2018
    Humans, Half-Elf, or Half-Orc? Blech, skipping romances for this game. Was really hoping Linzi was a romance option due to how gosh darn adorable she seems >_>.

Edit: I'm tired of human and elf romances in video games.
    ThacoBellKamigoroshiSkatanShapiroKeatsDarkMage
    I'm down with half-orc, depending on the personality. But yeah, human and elf is obscenely boring.
    VallmyrKamigoroshi
    edited April 2018
    Vallmyr said:

Was really hoping Linzi was a romance option due to how gosh darn adorable she seems >_>.

Actually, Linzi was envisioned to become a romance option for females-only. But that was also cut due to time constraints. Meaning no lesbian halfling love for any of us.... *sigh*
    Skatan
    Why do the halflings always get shafted? In the bad way.
    VallmyrSkatanShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • ArdanisArdanis Member Posts: 1,736
    ThacoBell said:

Because size matters :)

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageDJKajuru
    WHAT
    Piro, my gnome bard, who have been all over Linzi @_@
    ThacoBell
    Ardanis said:

ThacoBell said:

Propaganda.
    ThacoBell said:

Ardanis said:

ThacoBell said:

Propaganda.
    But they look like children :trollface:
    Ardanis said:

ThacoBell said:

Ardanis said:

ThacoBell said:

Propaganda.
    Tell that to Mazzy.
    Vallmyr
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    Ardanis said:

ThacoBell said:

Ardanis said:

ThacoBell said:

Propaganda.
    [THIS COMMENT HAS BEEN SELF-CENSORED]
    Vallmyr
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    More like they needed to cut the romances in halves...
    Skatan
    edited May 2018
    The Extra Race poll has now officially ended. Can you guess who won? Chicken wings! For the love of KFC!! How could such a tragedy just happen?!

I'm in despair! The fowlness of those goody-little-two-shoes has left me in despair!
    [Deleted User]
    Who won?
    Aasimar. Them damn half-pidgeons. By 849 votes, no less! Elementals were just 46 votes short. Frustrating!
    ThacoBell
    Kaelyn the Dove finds your post racist and offensive. The proper term is "mixed parentage".
    :trollface:
    ThacoBellkanisatha
    I don't have a problem with Aasimar, but I really want proper playable demihumans.
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308
    I'm a proud and unapologetic goody-two-shoes and I voted aasimar. Air/water/fire/rock that walks and talks is just not right. :smiley:
    Ardanis
    New video is up on youtube:

Also of note is that they cease adding up pre-orders to reaching stretchgoals this Friday. Sadly the Hellknights fell some $20.000 short from their $1.1Mil goal. Meaning no evil knights of order for any of us.

It also was a nice gesture of them to do a little shoutout for Black Geyser as well.
    kanisatha
    you know
    If there's a sequel to this eventually I'd love for them to embrace the unique parts of Pathfinder with stuff like the Red Mantis Assassins, Hell Knights, and other stuff that is unique to the system/setting. Also Kitsune. Of course.
  • jjstraka34jjstraka34 Member Posts: 9,850
    Does anyone know what the pre-order options for the digital versions are?? Is it only going to be on Steam or both GOG and Steam??
  • GrammarsaladGrammarsalad Member Posts: 2,582
    lordkim said:

And Quote from their forum :
    We found ourselves in need of an additional NPC for our game – a Pathfinder Society traveling venture-captain. We are going to use this NPC to grant access to the Custom Companion feature, which’d allow players to create their own companions for the party. These companions would not have any quests, banters, etc, but allow players to have a full control of their party.
    [...]
    This NPC will be used as a minor figure in a certain quest somewhere mid-game. We are planning to have a dialogue with this character with an opportunity to ask who they are, and how they got here (assuming they are a loyal PFS member). We don’t plan for this dialogue to be anything major. Mostly, the NPC will be just standing conveniently and providing their function.

Okay, this just made my day!
    CvijetaShapiroKeatsDarkMage
  • kanisathakanisatha Member Posts: 1,308

Does anyone know what the pre-order options for the digital versions are?? Is it only going to be on Steam or both GOG and Steam??

They have said both.
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    Looks like August, I'm looking forward to this one.
    GusindalordkimGrammarsalad