Skip to content

Content from Siege of Dragonspear in BG II:EE (Poll)

2»

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Caelar was one aspect where I can see Beamdog not continuing. Being stuck in Hell is VERY LIKELY to kill anyone. I think mods are more appropriate for that, as Caelar's story arc in SoD is pretty definitively finished.

Now stuff like the Soultaker on the other hand...
    StummvonBordwehrashafetov
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Ratibor92 I'm not saying it isn't possible. But her story as we knew it in SoD, concluded. Her current end has closure to it. I'd rather Beamdog fix actually glaring plot issues that they created, like the Soultaker plot, first. That had no closure, and it was already mentioned on stream that they originally intended to close it in BG2. They went so far as to have a general plot framework for it.
    batoorashafetov
  • batoorbatoor Member Posts: 676
    edited June 2018
    ThacoBell said:

@Ratibor92 I'm not saying it isn't possible. But her story as we knew it in SoD, concluded. Her current end has closure to it. I'd rather Beamdog fix actually glaring plot issues that they created, like the Soultaker plot, first. That had no closure, and it was already mentioned on stream that they originally intended to close it in BG2. They went so far as to have a general plot framework for it.

Which depending on how much effort they put into it, won't really be that much work either. Not saying I want a half-assed job of it all, but yeah I definitely want this closed up as well.

Caelar is a better idea and more compelling character for me IMO, but her story can be considered closed I guess.

I'm more curious as to why Irenicus had the soultaker dagger how he attained it.. Skie is more of a means to an end, her fate isn't all that important. She's alright character...

Watching her down ogres and orcs so easily...Was kinda like watching Garrick or Quayle do it. That scene looked rather ridiculous>_>

ashafetov
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    I started that hashtag as a joke, but I'm so happy to see it actually getting used.
    Do it beamdog, #bringBackCaelar :blush:
    ashafetovRatibor92TillNeirathRhouga
  • DJKajuruDJKajuru Member Posts: 3,300
    I would say "yes" if they change the way they wrote their bg2ee npcs from "do my quests, I'll interact very little with the rest of the game" to "I'll banter with every everybody , comment during stronghold quests and be interested in charname's conflicts."