Skip to content

Newbie help... The Missing Caravan

I got the beginning quest to find the Missing Caravan, killed the Ogre, returned the contract back to the fishmonger, but when I go talk to Hrothgar, all I tell him is "I haven't gone looking for it yet"... what am I missing?

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    Did you clear out the cave behind the caravan?
  • joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    Did you click on the caravan wagon outside the cave?
  • jdthonre96jdthonre96 Member Posts: 2
    Yes and yes.
  • AerichAerich Member Posts: 159
    If you have any saves left from right after you completed the caves, try talking to Hrothgar before you return the contract to the fishmonger. It shouldn't make a difference, but maybe it does.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    There's also the supply crates in the caves that could be clicked on. I can't recall if it gives a journal entry or not, but you might also want to check and see what your journal says (and if there's any change in it when you do different things).
    I've completed this quest before without ever entering the cave.
  • BelanosBelanos Member Posts: 968
    joluv said:

I've completed this quest before without ever entering the cave.

That's impossible. You need to have the contract in order to finish the quest and you can only get it if you go into the caves. Which is most likely the reason why the quest is glitching. Since you no longer have it in your inventory, having given it to the merchant, it's not registering with Hrothgar. You should have talked to him first.

Belanos said:

That's impossible.

Oh word?
    You certainly used to be able to "complete" the quest by finding the wagons outside of the cave. I recall some comments on other boards back in the day by people soloing HoF who either skipped clearing the cave or killed the right ogre but ended up losing the contract because they couldn't get it before resting. They were able to complete the quest for less XP, but continue with the game.
    joluv
    I've played both the original game and the EE version in that area, and I have never been able to complete that quest without getting the contract from inside the cave.
    @Belanos: By "that quest," do you mean Hrothgar's or Gaspar's?
    It's the same quest. Hrothgar sends you out on it, and it gets finished when you give Gaspar the contract after reporting back to Hrothgar. If I'm remembering who Gaspar is correctly.
  • molloymolloy Member Posts: 105
    edited April 2015

Who is Gaspar?? I always end up with the contract cluttering my inventory... have I been missing out on XP?

You have. He will declutter your inventory and give you xp.
    He is in a house between Hrothgars and the inn.
    molloy said:

He is in a house between Hrothgars and the inn.

OK, so that's not who I thought Gaspar was. I guess they are separate quests then.

JuliusBorisov
    @Belanos: Oh, were you thinking of the list of supplies that you take to Pomab's Emporium? That comes directly from Hrothgar.
    JuliusBorisov
  • JungleJooseJungleJoose Member Posts: 1
    I am having this exact same issue

Clicked the caravan
    Clicked all 3 boxes
    Cleared all enemies, have contract
    Returned to Hrothgar first

Still won't let me complete it... I'm baffled
  • AronAron Member Posts: 94
    Good to hear that it all got in order. It seem to be a bug some players get. Maybe its possible to fix this bug somehow by the Beamdog Team?
    I have never experienced this bug, but I will try this game again soon. Just need to roll my characters up.
    I intend to play with all characters with good alignment as i always do.

Wishing everyone a pleasant weekend :smile:
    Raduziel