Skip to content

Android console commands for Beta

Hi i'm new to using forums first time ever, I'm trying to use console commands on my android i'm unsure if i'm doing anything right but i added the debug mode to the .ini file and have tried using Hackers keyboard and also wifi keyboard but cant get the console command to open and ctrl 8 doesn't work either help would be appreciated

Comments

• knightmare7861knightmare7861 Member Posts: 4
    im trying to do this for bg2ee
  • DoubledimasDoubledimas Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,286
    Every patch starting at v2.0 and higher needs to have the baldur.lua file edited instead of the baldur.ini. See this topic. I believe that is also the case for Android although I'm not 100% sure.
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    @knightmare7861, welcome to the forum. Getting the console to work on Android is a bit of hit and miss effort. You haven't mentioned which version of which game you are trying to mod so I will try for both 1.x and 2.x (if it works, it will for BGEE, BG2EE and IWDEE). I am leaning towards BGEE v1.3.x due to the mention of .ini, but I would also recommend trying the betas that are available in Google Play.

1.x
    Firstly, make sure you have the following line in your baldur.ini:

'Program Options', 'Debug Mode', '1',

I note that you have Hacker's Keyboard installed (set it to transparent theme) and a WiFi keyboard (is this Bluetooth?). With the keyboard connected, you should be able to hit CTRL-Enter to get the console working. CTRL-8 should work fine. I hadn't tried until just then but it works for me.

2.x
    Make sure you have the following line in your baldur.lua:

SetPrivateProfileString('Program Options','Debug Mode','1')

Once this is done, then you should be ready to go as above.

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked for all devices. I am using a Samsung Note 4, and have also had it workin on a Tab S without problems

Good Luck
    Gus
    I have the beta and I'm using a ZTE Max pro. I'll try the .Lua and hope for the best thank you for the help
    Wifi keyboard is an app that lets you use your computer as a keyboard
  • konvakonva Member Posts: 64
    Well, I have that line added, using teamviewer, cant manage to open console on latest IWDEE