Skip to content

HINTS AND TIPS YXUNOMEI SOLO RUN BEAST MASTER CLERIC

Just doing a solo run with a Beast Master 6 dualed to Cleric 8 and I don't have any mods installed. My character is just about to start the Dragon's Eye. I was wondering if any one had any tips on how to beat Yxunomei when I finally come up against her.

At the moment I only have a +1 sling with no magic bullets I do have just over 31,000gp so I will soon be able to afford the +3 staff that you can get from Kuldahar, I can also duel wield clubs. I have Soloed the game before with a Monk, Undead Hunter and Assassin I had no trouble with any of these classes. However I am not sure of the best way to approach her with my Best Master>Cleric.

Any hints and tips would be welcome as I don't fancy my chances going toe to toe with a +3 staff. I am good at summerning but I don't think that will be enough.

JuliusBorisov

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714
    Some threads already discuss lots of strategies to beat her:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/40488/how-the-heck-do-you-defeat-yxunomei

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/61432/killing-yxunomei

I don't remember any specific strategy for beating her with a solo Beast Master -> Cleric but maybe @semiticgod @Alesia_BH @histamiini or @Grond0 can help you with this.
    10Bazza11
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    The summoned animals won't be able to harm her at all; all they can do is serve as cannon fodder for Yxunomei herself. The long reach of the staff should allow you to strike her from behind your wall of summons. Do you have two proficiency points in staffs? If not, you should be able to find a +3 club in the Eldathyn lair, the area before Yxunomei and the yuan-ti.

I don't see any real alternatives to melee combat for a solo Beastmaster(6)->Cleric(8) for Yxunomei. Level 1-4 cleric spells don't include any strong offensive options; just Holy Smite, and unless you get lucky bypassing her magic resistance, it'll only do a few points of damage on average. By repeatedly resting in the nearby areas (maybe Presio's place for Cold Wights and Turn Undead?), you can farm ambush encounters for XP until you hit level 9, which will get you a single level 5 spell and another point of Strength from Draw Upon Holy Might, which amounts to another +1 damage per hit.

I think you're just going to have to tank it out and maybe use some reloads to get better rolls. Buy some potions from Oswald, cast some buffing spells, summon a few animals, and focus all of your attention on Yxunomei. The odds are against you, but I think that's the best you can get.
    10Bazza11StummvonBordwehr
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169

The summoned animals won't be able to harm her at all; all they can do is serve as cannon fodder for Yxunomei herself. The long reach of the staff should allow you to strike her from behind your wall of summons. Do you have two proficiency points in staffs? If not, you should be able to find a +3 club in the Eldathyn lair, the area before Yxunomei and the yuan-ti.

I don't see any real alternatives to melee combat for a solo Beastmaster(6)->Cleric(8) for Yxunomei. Level 1-4 cleric spells don't include any strong offensive options; just Holy Smite, and unless you get lucky bypassing her magic resistance, it'll only do a few points of damage on average. By repeatedly resting in the nearby areas (maybe Presio's place for Cold Wights and Turn Undead?), you can farm ambush encounters for XP until you hit level 9, which will get you a single level 5 spell and another point of Strength from Draw Upon Holy Might, which amounts to another +1 damage per hit.

I think you're just going to have to tank it out and maybe use some reloads to get better rolls. Buy some potions from Oswald, cast some buffing spells, summon a few animals, and focus all of your attention on Yxunomei. The odds are against you, but I think that's the best you can get.

This is pretty much what I thought. Is the +3 club a random item? I think by the time I get to her I should be level 9 or possibly 10 Cleric so I don't know if this changes your strategy recommendation? Thank you for your help so far semiticgod.
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 7,305
    edited June 2018
    A staff +3 together with 1 pip in 2-handed weapons will give you a weapon speed of 0. It's a while since I fought Yxunomei, but I suspect that she doesn't have a speed of 0. Although there's a random initiative factor I guess you would be able to attack her and move away without retaliation at least half the time (then just make sure you run round for at least a round to reset your personal attack round before attacking her again). Along with potions and spell buffs I would imagine that would make the fight pretty doable.

Edit: if you were to hang on until you'd got to level 11 as a cleric you could try short-circuiting the fight by using magic resistance and then harm on her B).
    10Bazza11StummvonBordwehr
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    Grond0 said:

A staff +3 together with 1 pip in 2-handed weapons will give you a weapon speed of 0. It's a while since I fought Yxunomei, but I suspect that she doesn't have a speed of 0. Although there's a random initiative factor I guess you would be able to attack her and move away without retaliation at least half the time (then just make sure you run round for at least a round to reset your personal attack round before attacking her again). Along with potions and spell buffs I would imagine that would make the fight pretty doable.

Edit: if you were to hang on until you'd got to level 11 as a cleric you could try short-circuiting the fight by using magic resistance and then harm on her B).

I like this plan I will definitely try this out I should hopefully have 2 pips in 2-handed weapon style by then. I am feeling more confident by the minute. Thanks Grond0.
    Grond0