Skip to content

Some kind of bug (?)

So I found myself in a really stupid situation. Currently I am completing the Severed hand quest and on the level two I stuck. Point A is where my party is located and Point B where my mage stands is where I need to go to continue to the next level (she only was able to get there using Dimensional door). There are no doors, no holes or no other way I could get there.

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Well, try to rest (you have to move your A group closer to your B mage) so that you could cast Dimensional door again (to return).
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    @Izual_dono
    Looking at the screenshot closely, isn't this actually level 3 of the Severed Hand?

Just select the mage (B), and make her go down to level 2 (there's a stair to level 2 just where she's standing). When you've reached there with the mage (B), move towards the central stairs on level 2 and then climb up back to this level (that is, level 3). You don't need Dimension Door at all.

Actually, the entire area of level 3 (the level where you are currently standing) is divided into two parts which are not directly accessible from within that level. To access them, you'll have to first climb down to level 2, use the other staircase and then climb back up.

Also, for your information, the way to the next level (that is, level 4) is not the place where mage B stands, but actually it is the staircase just south of where group A stands. So in order to continue to level 4, you'll have to use the staircase south of group A.

Hope this helps! :smiley:
  • Rik_KirtaniyaRik_Kirtaniya Member Posts: 1,742
    Hey @ineth, this is brilliant! Great work! :smiley:

It will help many of us to prevent ourselves from getting lost in the Severed Hand. ;)
  • mashedtatersmashedtaters Member Posts: 2,266
    I remember having this same bug with the original IWD when I used to play it in high school.

I’m pretty sure that you can just bring your character down a level and then back up, just like @Rik_Kirtaniya and @ineth said.
  • Izual_donoIzual_dono Member Posts: 3
    Thank you all a lot for the answers guys. As @Rik_Kirtaniya mentioned the stairs were actually a way down, not up. And of course big thanks to @ineth for making very informative diagram, and even though I've figured out my way further before seeing it, I think it will still come in handy for many players.