Skip to content

Charming Tazok and his Confusing Banter (Spoiler)

2»

Comments

• makirumakiru Member Posts: 8
    Good day :)
    Tell me, how can I charm Tazok? a decrease in saving throws and a strong charm for him do not work, a cloak too. I try this on BGEE

please help me :)
  • makirumakiru Member Posts: 8
    In Bandit's camp, after the script began the conversation between Tazok and my NPC on any of the options (the peaceful end of the dialogue or the duel with Tazok), I can not enchant him. He always throws a saving throw. How did you do that? I really want to see his hidden dialogue.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580

Tazok knows FULL well who is behind all the shenanigans on the Sword Coast - he's involved at all levels of the scheme and is one of the big bosses who makes a last stand alongside Sarevok at the very end. Either he somehow "programmed" himself to lie even when charmed or, as the OP suggested, this was a simple oversight on the part of the devs (heck, just look at all the continuity errors that occurred between BG1 and BG2 - it's bound to happen).

• WarChiefZekeWarChiefZeke Member Posts: 2,651
    Probably an oversight I agree, but that's okay. The mass use of the charmed dialogue state was one of the best things about BG1. BG2 gave a nod to this during Nalia's quest, but what a feature that would have been to have in the later installments.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    makiru wrote: »
    Good day :)
    Tell me, how can I charm Tazok? a decrease in saving throws and a strong charm for him do not work, a cloak too. I try this on BGEE

please help me :)

Charm cloak
  • ZaxaresZaxares Member Posts: 1,325
    Yeah, I'm inclined to think that Tazok's Charmed dialogue is an oversight. Given that he shows up at the final battle, he's likely one of Sarevok's closest confidantes and supporters, so him not knowing who's really behind the iron crisis seems extremely far-fetched.