Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Playing on insane with regular xp bonus

How is it?

I remember the original IWD was particularly brutal on insane, but with all the new stuff the EE has added it seems the original balance has been completely wrecked. I was thinking of playing on insane while checking the No Difficulty Bonus-XP option, but i'm wondering if it may be too much. Anybody tried it?

Comments

• RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 2,674
    The no-xp-bonus no-extra-damage Insane run is my standard run.

You'll face a lot of extra enemies, but that's it. It becomes harder, but the challenge makes the game better IMHO.

• SomeSortSomeSort Member Posts: 859
    Raduziel said:

The no-xp-bonus no-extra-damage Insane run is my standard run.

You'll face a lot of extra enemies, but that's it. It becomes harder, but the challenge makes the game better IMHO.

Samesies. This, in my opinion, is the best all-around IWD experience.

• OlvynChuruOlvynChuru Member Posts: 1,569
    edited June 13
    Ever since I learned that playing on Insane gives more experience, every single playthrough I've done has been either on Insane or Heart of Fury, with the extra experience. I like getting lots of experience.

With a weak enough party (e.g. a solo assassin, or a sorcerer with non-mixmaxed spell choices), it's possible to make the game challenging despite the large experience gain.