Skip to content

It's for you: what are/is the benefit of the NWN:EE for worthing buying?

sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
Hello, how are you?
It's for you: what [are/is] the benefit of the NWN:EE for worthing buying?
Tell me what is your point of view so I (and maybe some others who is demanding goals) can understand you.

I am waiting for a new feature and other new feature for buying it. For example, it's very important for me "The fix for the Parry Skill" feature I am curious about it. They did create a forum poll entry for it and did close the forum entry. I am expecting something.

I am a module builder, I would like to try building more interesting things. I have my module available in nwvault called "Amnesia Chapter 1". I would like to create Chapter 2 and also I would like to create a new module with different objectives and nice features.

I beliave the future of NWN:EE would be new premium modules in series, for playing in multiplayer. So the players can match on steam some groups and play with 2 up to 5 people all that premium modules. I see a lot of success on premium modules. But that modules should be very nice. I can help you creating nice modules premium, I just can't working and get money for that, because I am not in Canada.

My friends don't play Neverwinter Nights because there is no modules with nice adventures for playing in multiplayer. We need premium modules. It's my thinking for nwn:EE worthing.

My module Amnesia my friends did like a lot. They was paying money for me because they did love that work.

We need a team for working in new modules.

We need builders.
Post edited by sandronejm on
voidofopinion

Comments

• dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    For myself, I moved my PW over to nwnee and couldn't be happier with the bugfixes and new features. The visual upgrades and script functions alone were more than worth it. Having purchased 3 copies so far with one more coming I think nwnee is worth much more than the purchase price. You want multiplayer modules, check out the hundreds of PWs online. Don't forget that all old modules are backwards compatible and now many of the premium modules are multiplayer which weren't before. Modules like Infinite Dungeons can now be played with your friends. Your question is one that doesn't need to be asked and begs my question of what was your point in asking it?
  • pscythepscythe Member Posts: 116

I am waiting for a new feature and other new feature for buying it. For example, it's very important for me "The fix for the Parry Skill" feature I am curious about it. They did create a forum poll entry for it and did close the forum entry. I am expecting something.

It have been moved to the Icebox so I doubt there would be anything anytime soon. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/964217/#Comment_964217
    sandronejmProont
  • sandronejmsandronejm Member Posts: 70
    edited June 2018
    dTd said:

For myself, I moved my PW over to nwnee and couldn't be happier with the bugfixes and new features. The visual upgrades and script functions alone were more than worth it. Having purchased 3 copies so far with one more coming I think nwnee is worth much more than the purchase price.

Good to get your point of view, dear.
    dTd said:

You want multiplayer modules, check out the hundreds of PWs online. Don't forget that all old modules are backwards compatible and now many of the premium modules are multiplayer which weren't before. Modules like Infinite Dungeons can now be played with your friends.

Yes, it is true that we have the modules of the Infinity Dungeon, the premium modules (or expansion), and lastly, we have the Persistent worlds. But yet we don't have very nice multiplayer modules you can play with your friends, or even alone. That modules need to improve the multiplayer scripts and triggers, improve the creatures difficulty, improve the creatures scripts, improve the either multiplayer, singleplayer, either online and offline game playing experience.

I don't need "changes" but "adjusts" for the modules that there is available. There is much for exploring in Aurora Toolset. They should spend time on that, more time, more testing, more everything.

We need builders. Good adventures of proffessional modules will bring new players I am sure of that.
    dTd said:

Your question is one that doesn't need to be asked and begs my question of what was your point in asking it?

my point is to discover new ideas of new people and giving my idea to the already existing people of here. Peace
    pscythe said:

It have been moved to the Icebox so I doubt there would be anything anytime soon. https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/comment/964217/#Comment_964217

Yes, it's correct. I am actually aware :) thank you, dear
    I've upgraded to EE and find it hard to go back to 1.69 now despite the bugs, crashes and incompatibilities. Yes the game and the toolset are much more unstable than Diamond Edition, but it is much faster in EE. It still crashes after editing creature properties but with the ability to edit unpacked modules in the Toolset, I would rather reload the module and refresh the palette after a crash than do everything surely but slowly in Diamond. Game play is also much smoother and more pleasant with the hi-res and improved graphics. Starting modules, loading or saving games are also much faster.
    DerpCityProont
  • dTddTd Member Posts: 182
    @pscythe
    I don't want to be argumentative but, I work on a huge module (my pw) every day and have yet to experience a crash in the tool set. I run it on either Win7 professional or in linux through wine and it's a rock. I'm not saying that yours isn't crashing, but one has to wonder why yours is crashing when I can't seem to make mine crash. The module I speak has over 300 large areas and over 600 custom scripts, utilizes the CEP 2.65, C.R.A.P. tile sets and my own custom hak and tlk and nwnx-lite. I don't want to sound like a drone but I'm just not having your experience, nor is my son who mods and creates daily as well. Cheers m8 :)
    DerpCitysandronejmProont
    @dTd mate I'd love to have your experience with the Toolset. This is the first time I heard it so good. What version are you using?

Reading on the forum, crashing after editing creature properties seems to be a common thing. For me it used to crash after 2 edits, now it takes about 4 or 5, so things are looking up. lol
    DerpCity
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248
    edited June 2018
    I'm a simple creature.

1: 4K support

Everything else is nice but being able to play at my native resolution and be able to read the text above 1366x768 is huge for me.

2: Continued patch and content support.

3: Finally the multiplayer works again without a bunch of workarounds. It's so much easier to get friends invested now.

Those would be my top 3.

:)
    DerpCityDrHappyAngryProont
    dTd said:

@pscythe
    I don't want to be argumentative but, I work on a huge module (my pw) every day and have yet to experience a crash in the tool set. I run it on either Win7 professional or in linux through wine and it's a rock. I'm not saying that yours isn't crashing, but one has to wonder why yours is crashing when I can't seem to make mine crash. The module I speak has over 300 large areas and over 600 custom scripts, utilizes the CEP 2.65, C.R.A.P. tile sets and my own custom hak and tlk and nwnx-lite. I don't want to sound like a drone but I'm just not having your experience, nor is my son who mods and creates daily as well. Cheers m8 :)

Congratulations for that module.
    It's true that a different module it has a different crashing behavior
    Tovan0Mackelly
    dTd said:

@pscythe
    The module I speak has over 300 large areas and over 600 custom scripts

I appreciate your work in that module I see there is a lot of time on it. We need good modules for downloading and start playing. Containing good stuff.

I'm a simple creature.

Everything else is nice but being able to play at my native resolution and be able to read the text above 1366x768 is huge for me.

3: Finally the multiplayer works again without a bunch of workarounds. It's so much easier to get friends invested now.

Those would be my top 3.

I appreciate this feedback. For the first point the graphics of the 1.69 is really good for these days I would say that I am OK with the 1920/1080 playing the 1.69 version, there is no 1366x768 limitation on there. The other points are very OK good stuff.
    voidofopinion
  • voidofopinionvoidofopinion Member, Moderator Posts: 1,248

I'm a simple creature.

Those would be my top 3.

I appreciate this feedback. For the first point the graphics of the 1.69 is really good for these days I would say that I am OK with the 1920/1080 playing the 1.69 version, there is no 1366x768 limitation on there. The other points are very OK good stuff.
    I play on a 55 inch low latency tv and my aged eyes cannot comfortably read the text at 1920x1080 from my couch 12 feet away on 1.69.

I'm not trying to sell you, simply explain why that is an important feature for me personally.

GM_ODA

I play on a 55 inch low latency tv and my aged eyes cannot comfortably read the text at 1920x1080 from my couch 12 feet away on 1.69.

I'm not trying to sell you, simply explain why that is an important feature for me personally.

Haha, it's very good to have a 4K resolution TV, I could understand the reason why you did like the 4K resolution in Neverwinter Nights. Beamdog was able to get your point with success.

My notebook has resolution worse than 1920x1080, maybe in the future I'll take care of that feature.
    voidofopinion
  • FreshLemonBunFreshLemonBun Member Posts: 909
    I agree with some of the views expressed by Trent Oster and his vision for "D&D in a box" on computers. I think it deserves a refresh and enhancement of the concept with new ideas that came about after it was launched.

For me both versions are reasonably stable and work normally but I feel NWN EE has more bugs and glitches with updates, hopefully they'll all get ironed out with time. The current features aren't too different between each version taken to it's extreme but I'm hopeful that NWN EE will eventually close the gap and do more things that were previous impossible or very difficult.

Like kickstarter except you get the product upfront and they're adding the other goals/features over time.
    sandronejmvoidofopinionProont
  • Tovan0MackellyTovan0Mackelly Member Posts: 6
    dTd said:

@pscythe

I Would like to know what Hak order you have for cep 2.65 and c.r.a.p so that everything works? I'm having problems getting it all to run correctly. Missing mounting icon/ ability to mount among other issues. Would love to know what order is correct to place them in. It is an older mod that hasn't been worked on since 2006, so trying to find out if everything will still works or not (some issues might be due to it being from the older version of the game).
  • GM_ODAGM_ODA Member Posts: 177
    We are running both NWN and NWN:EE servers (same module, small changes to work better on NWN:EE). The new scripting commands we are soon to debut new features that utilize these and other aspects of the engine much neglected in general. The new tools are refreshing and we are enjoying building for both NWN and NWN:EE. Note, ours is a module of 1337+ areas, most are large areas, and featuring something north of 4k scripts ... feature rich is the notion here. The toolset and all in both versions are running smooth, so it makes me curious what might be causing you issues with your rig and the tools.
    GM_ODA said:

. Note, ours is a module of 1337+ areas

Now that is truly 1337!
    GM_ODA