Skip to content

EET: Fighter Druid - Barbarian Druid?

I want to do a full trilogy run with a Druid that can hold his own in melee. With the ridiculous XP progression to get to level 15 Druid the Fighter/Druid is no bueno. I’d rather dualmclass. I was thinking of dialing at 7 so I can play F/D in BG and the rest of the series instead of 9 or 13 and having to wait until BG2.

Anyhow, one of the mods allows for expanded dual class options for the Barbarian. I have never played as a Barbarian. Anybody try a Barbarian Druid? How would it compare to Berserker or Kansas Druid? Advantages? Disadvantages? Thoughts?

Comments

• Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Kansas Druid? That reminds me of Children of the Corn for some reason...

Barbarian/druid is a fine combination. It even makes sense in a wilderness sort of way (more so than Kensai or Berserker duals). Think of the hitpoints too!
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    As far as making sense RP-wise I think a Barbarian/Shaman is a better option than a Barbarian/Druid.
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    edited July 2018
    But zerk allows for the quarterstaff grandmastery dual. <3
  • shylamanshylaman Member Posts: 173
    I have never played a Barbarian. They can’t grandmaster? Hmmm. So, what is the difference/benefit over the Berserker? I was planning on grandmastery with either staff or maybe even spear.
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Scimitar, no?
  • jsavingjsaving Member Posts: 1,083
    At first glance, berserkers have a pretty significant edge over barbarians because berserkers can specialize, wear better armor, and receive an AC bonus when raging. While these are all valid arguments, the barbarian gets much better offensive bonuses while raging (+4 STR/CON versus +2 to-hit/damage), immunity to backstab, and an eventual 20% resistance to physical damage, as well as more hit points and higher movement speed. Barbarians are probably a better singleclassed choice in the late game but if you're looking to dual at 7th level (before any physical damage resistance would kick in) then you won't go wrong with either option.