Skip to content

(Bug) Elf Charm Resistance

ashingdaashingda Member Posts: 29
edited July 2018 in Troubleshooting
The Elf resistance itself works however while using abilities, spells, or items it interferes with the expected outcome. Like many other folks while passing by the shore area with the lighthouse and encountering sirens I also notice my characters who was suppose to be immune to charm would end up getting charmed. Upon a few tests I figured out the culprit.

[Setup]
- Have 3 characters Human | elf | half-elf.
- Have them all be Berserkers.
- Have "Helm06" with charm immunity.
- Have 10 "SIL" on standby.

[Testing Results]

Human
- Using None: 0%
- Using Helm: 100%
- Using Enrage: 100%

Elf
- Using None: High
- Using Helm: High
- Using Enrage: High
- Using Helm+Enrage: Very high

Half-elf
- Using None: Low
- Using Helm: Low
- Using Enrage: Low
- Using Helm+Enrage: High

I'm not exactly sure what's going on but it seems the Elf resistance reduces the item and ability resistance separately. At first I thought the Elf resistance just overrides all charm pass but when using both the helm and enrage together the resistance greatly increases which would mean the charm passes through 2 reduced resistance.

So no matter how high an Elf's charm resistance, they'll never be immune to it. I've tried modifying the eff, the helm and enrage but with no changes. Anyone have any idea of a solution?

[Edit]
Found a solution. For those who are currently using 2.3 and want a functioning Charm/Sleep resistance the attached is a pack of charm/sleep spells ripped from 2.5 beta.
Post edited by ashingda on

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    Hello! This is fixed in the 2.5 version.

https://support.baldursgate.com/issues/33047
  • ashingdaashingda Member Posts: 29
    Thanks very much, I gotta check that update.
    I am playing from start into dragonspear and then into BG2. I notice the beta doesn't have dragonspear? Is there a way to resolve this issue without using the beta?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,724
    ashingda said:

I am playing from start into dragonspear and then into BG2. I notice the beta doesn't have dragonspear? Is there a way to resolve this issue without using the beta?

Indeed, there's no beta for SOD. So right now you can have this bug fixed in BG:EE (2.5 beta) and BGII:EE (already patched to 2.5). For SoD, you'll have to opt out of the beta (to return to 2.3), so the bug will be present in SoD.
    I found a fix. After looking at the Dire Charm spell "SPWI316" from version 2.3 and 2.5 it's now clear as daylight. The problem and solution all originate from the Charm spell itself. The bug is present because 2.3 had a poor execution which is reworked in 2.5.

Solution: Use the new Charm spells from 2.5 and problem solved.