Skip to content

Crashing on EE servers

Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
So i run a 2009 Lenovo with windows 7 system and i just recently purchased EE two days ago. I've reconfigured the game to have everything turned off for the lowest spec's possible for the system to run.

offline i am fine but online if there is too much going on or too many players in an area i seem to crash.

1.69 nwn does not do this and i thought i'd make it aware that it seems the older the hardware the harder it is to play EE.

I installed through the steam version, but also play on the beamdog client just to make sure, and i can confirm it does the same thing

i wish i could take screenshots of this but in the moments before crashing i'd see player's (on no hak servers fyi) and they'd appear as floating heads and no meshes or textures on their bodies.

Perhaps someone else has had this issue before?

Comments

• JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    If you have crash files, please report them at support.baldursgate.com for investigation, along with your system specs. Thanks in advance and sorry for your experience!
  • Wall3tWall3t Member Posts: 90
    What on earth is a crash file and where do i go to find them?
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    Windows: you can find the .dmp file in Documents/Neverwinter Nights

Mac: you can find the crash log from Console.app

Linux: you can find the .log file in ~/.local/share/Neverwinter Nights

All platforms: logs.0/ could be useful as well.
    Wall3t
    There doesnt seem to be a .dmp file in my nwn folder that i could locate, unless I'm not looking in the right places. the address directory does say I am at the right location though.

screenshot is provided below

Yes, they should be there. What Antivirus do you have?
    something called windows defender it came prepackaged with my system but it doesn't effect allocating important data and neither does my firewall, which as far as im concerned was turned off over a year ago

The crashes arent producing reports as far as i can tell from what Im getting out of this so ill have to submit some sort of ticket that will have to cover two issues then.
    Not that I know of, but it doesnt matter my new omputer just came in today and i was able to log into multiplayer servers just fine which confirmed my own suspicions that the lower end systems can barely run EE