Skip to content

[MOD] Verr'Sza NPC (for BGEE and SoD)

Comments

• LesbianLionessLesbianLioness Member Posts: 12
    So, I'm experiencing a weird glitch. I don't know anything about modding, so I don't know why this is happening, but pretty much everything is messed up.

When I walk into the room where you meet him the two NPC's names are "Take Her!" and something about resting for the night. Dialogue ensues, but it's all mixed from completely different conversations from throughout the game. When I recruited him, his race was something about camping supplies, and his class was something else I forgot already. I tried uninstalling him, but he's still there. Can someone help me? I really like his concept, but I don't know what to do.
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,678
    Something messed up your dialog.tlk in that run. There are many ways of doing that - for example instaling the mod and then installing the modmerge (wrong order), installing few mods, starting the game, saving and then reinstalling the mods with for example adding new components. Also moving saves between modded games will result in that stuff... those are just some examples. Not sure what happened with your game...
    I see. Should I uninstall the game entirely then? I'm an idiot, sorry.
    edited June 2018
    Depends what caused the problem. Do you have SoD? What mods are you using? :)
    PS. Don't be that harsh for yourself!
    Raduziellolien
    I have one other companion mod, Isra, but I just started a new game so I don't know if her dialogue is weird. And, yeah, I have SoD.

The funny thing is I just decided to use mods this time around, and I mess it up right quick.
    And what's your game version? Because SoD is not compatible with 2.5, I think. Not yet, I mean. You shouldn't use 2.5 version, but the previous one (2.3 was it?). Then, after you install BGEE and SoD, use modmerge.
    Then install Isra and Verr :) Isra is great, BTW :)
    LesbianLionesslolien
    Thank you for helping me out, everything is working great now! I'm guessing my issue was not having modmerge.
    Gusindalolien
    Sure! Enjoy :)
    LesbianLionesslolien
    The BG2 portion is now available, BUT it's a VERY early beta :) Keep that in mind.
    https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71309/mod-verrsza-bg2ee
    ZaghoullolienLesbianLioness
  • _Luke__Luke_ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2018
    Please, in addition to fix the aforementioned bugs, consider the idea of adding quest logs. I mean, I noticed that you can always ask Verr'Sza about his current task, but I think it'd be nice to have quest logs as well.....
  • evildevil97evildevil97 Member Posts: 93
    And maybe a "hey, go to an inn" option when kicking him out?
    Raduziel
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Hey, a couple of questions.

Firstly, would you know if this mod will conflict with pre-2.0 BGEE?

Secondly, would you mind uploading some of his voice clips?

And lastly(I lied), does he have his own paperdoll?

I love the artwork and the concept. Nice job on that part.
    lolien
    I'm afraid the mod won't work properly on version earlier than 2.0. The mod was created when 2.0 was there already as it was supposed to be a SoD mod, but... well, it started to grow and became a mod for both BG1EE and SoD.

As for voiceclips, sorry, but I don't see a point. It would require uploading them on yet another place, because as far as I know, this forum does not include built-in audio player. You can just download the mod and use any players to check the voiced lines. They are in a directory called "audio" or "sounds" inside the mod (I don't remember how I named the directory in this particular mod, but I usually use one of those).

There are no additional paperdolls in the mod as Verr'Sza doesn't use game's rakshasa model. The one known from BG2, later used in EE games include a tiger head, while Verr has a head and fur of a black panther. That is why the mod uses avialable paperdolls with deep black shades for the skin and hair to make character look as if it was covered with dark fur.

Cheers!
    lolien
    Pasha Kohvu (a mage/thief) is equipped with a bastard sword. Why? Is there a particular reason for that?
  • Axl_KrowAxl_Krow Member Posts: 69
    Okay, that's understandable, albeit unfortunate.

Thank you.
    @Luke93 - no, there's not.
    @Axl_Krow - sure! Enjoy the mod if you'll get a chance to play it on newer versions of the game.
    edited July 2018

@Luke93 - no, there's not.

Why? I told you that because a mage/thief is not supposed to wield bastard swords (he/she can equip only weapons allowed by the thief class :) .....
    edited July 2018
    Actually he was supposed to be a bard and... I kinda don't care much about a character who says 3 lines and dies... Really.
    EDIT: I may change him to bard one day, but I won't make a special update just for that.

Actually he was supposed to be a bard and... I kinda don't care much about a character who says 3 lines and dies... Really.
    EDIT: I may change him to bard one day, but I won't make a special update just for that.

I see, thanks for clarifying.

Well, it isn't true that he says 3 lines and then simply "dies" if you have SCS installed.... But this is another topic....
    lolien
    Dunno, I never play with SCS... Will try to remember to change his class to bard next time, but I don't know when it's gonna be. I now have almost 30 mods + I maintain some mods I didn't release and sometimes I just have to focus on more important fixes and stuff. Don't get it personally, but if I'm to decide: this fix or new translation or brand new release, I just feel I should focus on something else :)
    lolien
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    @LavaDelVortel why don't you release these mods? <3
    Uhm, I'm not sure I understand :P They are released. BG2EE portion is out now as I mentioned here, but it's sn early version that must yet to be improved, probably. Waiting for some reports + crossmod talks should be added + EET and... maybe something else, dunno. As I said in the other thred, it takes time. Sometimes writing a mod takes a years and I released soooooo many mods and--huh, updating them is a torture. @Artemius_I help me greatly, but he also has his own projects.
    But I'm not going to retire just yet, and I am working on both updates and new mods. A pity it can't be my real job, hah.
    lolien
    Thanks to @Artemius_I the mod now hits v4.0. Lots of updates recently, eh? That's thanks to people like Artemius, who help and update things while I'm finalizing other releases and updates. Cheers, friend!

What's new in this version:
    -Naztharune Ranger uses stalker usability instead of barbarian
    -Claw bleeding probability and duration fixed
    -Merged BG1 and SoD components (component auto-installs if SoD is present)
    -Pasha Kohvu's bastard sword replaced with a scimitar
    RaduzielZaghoulMirandellolien
  • MirandelMirandel Member Posts: 526
    You know, soon I will request a "hate" button for post commenting! You (together with other modders) are killing me here - how many times should I re-install everything!

J/k of course, but re-installs a real. :)
    edited September 2018

As far as I remember, yes. I think I added the option.

Do you remember where you can find him?

EDIT ---> Nevermind, I found him :)
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
  • PhælinPhælin Member Posts: 316
    Anyone got some screennies?
  • ArctodusArctodus Member Posts: 992
    I just fought against Akeriash and, since I play with SCS and a bunch of other monsters were around (I was trying to sleep and was interrupted) I couldn't kill him before Verr'Sza vanished. Is that it ? Is Verr'Sza gone forever ? Will he appear in SoD anyway ? Is the gear he was wearing gone too ?
    If you failed his quest (didn't make it in time) then yes: he would leave as any other NPC in the game.
    edited October 2018
    @LavaDelVortel

"additional romantic content available through a 3rd character (available in Bhaalspawn's camps; ~5 talks) ": is this character a joinable NPC? If so, could you tell me his/her class/kit? Thanks.
    Post edited by _Luke_ on
    It's not. That character becomes available as a joinable NPC in BG2EE (only if you decide to continue the romantic relationship from BG1EE/SoD, though)
    _Luke_