Skip to content

Just how old is everyone?

I was talking to a friend, mentioned the fact that many of the playable npcs might actually be far older (or even younger in some case) than their avatars appear to be, then got into a debate.
Just wondering, how old do you think everyone is? Charname might be the youngest member in whatever party you have...

Comments

• Joan_DaroJoan_Daro Member Posts: 112

On the other hand, Hexxat, being a Vampire, may or may not be older, since Vampires don't age (technically). Could be 30, could be 200.

Hexxat instantly died of old age when L tramsformed her back to human so I think she should be at least 80-100, could be older.

Tieflings have a slightly longer life span than humans but basically they age like humans. HD might be actually quite young imo.
    Dorn definitely doesn't sound like someone in his 20s. But his background basically says he is. Perhaps half-orcs ages faster.
    Minsc, despite everything, gives me the feeling of someone with *lots of* stories to be told. But according to canon he survived quite long after the Bhaalspawn thing so 20-35 still makes sense to me.
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    Joan_Daro said:

On the other hand, Hexxat, being a Vampire, may or may not be older, since Vampires don't age (technically). Could be 30, could be 200.

Hexxat instantly died of old age when L tramsformed her back to human so I think she should be at least 80-100, could be older.

Tieflings have a slightly longer life span than humans but basically they age like humans. HD might be actually quite young imo.
    Dorn definitely doesn't sound like someone in his 20s. But his background basically says he is. Perhaps half-orcs ages faster.
    Minsc, despite everything, gives me the feeling of someone with *lots of* stories to be told. But according to canon he survived quite long after the Bhaalspawn thing so 20-35 still makes sense to me.
    If memory serves me correctly in pnp D&D Half Orcs live to about 60 and age quicker than humans so Dorn could well be in his 20's and still sound, act and look older than he is.
    10Bazza11 said:

If memory serves me correctly in pnp D&D Half Orcs live to about 60 and age quicker than humans so Dorn could well be in his 20's and still sound, act and look older than he is.

Thanks. Checked the FR wiki and you're right.
    Though it's still weird to think he's actually twenty-something. Really. Weird.
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    Joan_Daro said:

10Bazza11 said:

Thanks. Checked the FR wiki and you're right.
    Though it's still weird to think he's actually twenty-something. Really. Weird.
    Not nearly as weird as thinking Aerie is a hundred years old.
    I... I think I'm gonna need a minute.
    Dev6 said:

Not nearly as weird as thinking Aerie is a hundred years old.
    I... I think I'm gonna need a minute.

lol everything in this thread is supposed to be personal opinions (since there is no solid canon backing them) so if you can't take it, just have it your way lol
    However, fyi: elves are considered adolescents until somewhere around 110.
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Elves mature at the rate they are raised as. In Elf culture, they will be treated as children until about 110. But when raised by humans (or Gnomes) they will mature at the rate of the culture around them. Aerie is probably even younger than that, but due to living away from elves for so long, as well as living in cage and treated as an animal has REALLY messed with her. In practical terms, I'd put effective age (emotional maturity and life experience) at that of a young teenager. Matureish for where she would be had she stayed with her elf family, but behind what she would be if she was raised by Quayle from the beginning. Not to mention the effect all the emotional and physical abuse has left on her.
  • 10Bazza1110Bazza11 Member Posts: 169
    Just a thought how old do 'Miniature Giant Space Hamster' live to. Perhaps Boo is the oldest NPC of them all.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    Boo is actually Ao. He is older than the Realms. :wink:
    10Bazza11 said:

Just a thought how old do 'Miniature Giant Space Hamster' live to. Perhaps Boo is the oldest NPC of them all.

Well, he does show up in Mass Effect...
  • minsc4prezminsc4prez Member Posts: 105
    I don't recall if Xan ever says his age in canon BG or even in the bg2 mod, but i think it is brought up at some point that Imoen and PC are the same age, I think they are around 17? In BG1
  • Dev6Dev6 Member Posts: 719
    ThacoBell said:

10Bazza11 said:

I'm sorry, what?
    Dev6 said:

ThacoBell said:

10Bazza11 said:

I'm sorry, what?
    There is a space hamster that be bought and kept as a pet. Fair enough, a fun nod with a generic animal. But nope, look at its store description, "It gives you a knowing wink." Yup, Boo remembers you.
  • JoenSoJoenSo Member Posts: 910

I don't recall if Xan ever says his age in canon BG or even in the bg2 mod, but i think it is brought up at some point that Imoen and PC are the same age, I think they are around 17? In BG1

Charname is 20 at the start of BG1 according to the prologue. I don't think Imoen's age is ever stated - she just says that she's not that much younger than you. My guess has always been 19. Or perhaps she's like two weeks younger than Charname and Charname always used that as an excuse to call her a kid.