Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

"Maybe this time" [NO-RELOAD THREAD]: "Foe Bane, Soul Reaver, Grave Binder, ICE Breaker"

1262263264265266268»

Comments

• Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 1,614
    edited July 15

Diary of Nigretta

We have returned the Stone of Askavar and will now continue to fulfil other tasks which we have been given.

The road to get here below.

The section HQ in Beregost is beckoning, but so are other quests.
    However, first I will have to sell items in my bag of holding to make room for more loot.

StummvonBordwehrEnuhalAerakar
  • Corey_RussellCorey_Russell Member Posts: 456
    Quick update on Thrasher the human cleric:
    Traveling with: Kagain, Minsc, Kivan, Imoen, Dynaheir

Still making progress - I've cleared most of the chapter 3 areas (not counting TotSC areas) - we have a few areas in the east to mop up, such as Pelvale, Larswood, Wizards of Thay area, then we will venture into the Cloakwood. Party is well equipped and well armored, haven't had much trouble since last update. Will keep at it.

I'm toying with the idea of being solo in BG 2 - we'll see how that goes...

StummvonBordwehrGrond0Enuhal
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 9,570
    @Enuhal: Very efficient indeed. One question: Why not use an Invisibility scroll on Liia Jannath, or maybe Pixie Dust before resting and returning to the palace?

EnuhalRVNS
  • EnuhalEnuhal Member Posts: 309
    @semiticgod Well, the easy answer would be: I simply forgot about that strategy :)

Then again, while I've read about it many times, I've actually never used it myself - after the EE-changes to the ducal palace event, maximum damage aided by greater malison + chaos (and other cc) has always been my go-to strategy, and before that, if I recall correctly, I used to go for the wand of sleep.

So, does Liia simply do nothing at all if affected by invisibility? Won't she try to attack the doppelgangers and reveal herself again? Obviously not, otherwise people wouldn't be using this strategy all the time, but it seems a bit strange to me. Since I have somewhat of an aversion to testruns, I rarely try strategies that are new to me, since there's always a risk involved. That's why there are some common no-reload approaches to several encounters that I've actually never tried at all.

RVNSWise_Grimwald
  • semiticgodsemiticgod Member, Moderator Posts: 9,570
    @Enuhal: In SCS at least, Liia Jannath does not attack, whether she is invisible or not. It's always worked for me. Without SCS, or with other mods, it's possible that she will break invisibility.

One of the things I've done is charm Ithtyl from the nearby inn and use her to cast Invisibility on Liia Jannath, which also allows me to avoid triggering the cutscene conversation, ensuring that my mage's aura is clear when combat begins. Ithtyl also has some high-level spells at her disposal, so she's very useful even if you don't use her to hide Liia.

EnuhalMantis37Grond0Wise_Grimwald
  • Grond0Grond0 Member Posts: 3,321
    Liia's behavior does depend on the installation - I've certainly had the experience in unmodded games that she breaks invisibility by attacking.

EnuhalsemiticgodStummvonBordwehrWise_Grimwald