Skip to content

Improvement proposal character visualization (BG1 & 2)

AllerionAllerion Member Posts: 2
edited July 2018 in Feature Requests
During my last play-trough I came up with the idea of changing the appearance of my character depending on the armor he wears.
E.g. the appearance of a thief/mage or fighter/mage character can be updated in case the character wears a robe (mage model) or an armor (fighter oder thief model).
Currently I have to use an editor to modify the character model but I don’t think it is very difficult to add this option to the character customization screen.
I’d really love having such a feature
Post edited by Allerion on

Comments

• GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    Hi @Allerion, welcome to the forum. Not sure what device you are playing on, but there are already a couple of mods that do this (or at least upto version 2.3 - haven't tested yet in 2.5).

There is 1PP v4.10 and BGTweaks v16. If you intend to use the BGTweaks version, make sure this is the only component you install from this mod, as the rest has been superceded by Tweaks Anthology (The Switch Armour component was remove from Tweaks Anthology in Beta 3, so you could also use upto then I suppose).

If you have a look here, there is a work around to get 1PP working in EE. Again, I only installed the 'Smart Avatar & Armour Switching' component (haven't tested the rest) so can't say what the rest would do..

Gus
  • AllerionAllerion Member Posts: 2
    edited July 2018
    As I only care about the Armour thing it sounds great but...
    The problem is that I only have the BG EE and BG 2 EE on iPad and on Mac (via App Store) which does not seem to support modifications.

It shouldn’t cost much effort to add some kind of check-box into the customization screen of the character to change the „paperdoll“ for multiclass characters - you wouldn’t even need a special animation and everybody would be happy. As both paperdolls are already part of the game (mage and fighter) it wouldn‘t break the game - in fact it is a simple „replace hex value x with y“-task like the customization of the character colors
  • GusindaGusinda Member Posts: 1,915
    I see your problem... I don't own an Apple device so I wouldn't know where to start even if we can get the files to just copy into the override folder... I would have thought that the Mac could have been modded.

Gus