Skip to content

BG1NPC Bug Report and Discussion Thread

Comments

• jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    @CactusOfTheFiveGlens I meant that some people have problems to install mods if the game folder is inside the C:Programs folder on Windows, but I don't know exactly why. I understood that Windows monitors any installation action there and prohibits if it's from unknown sources. Or something.

Making another folder inside the C: harddrive but not inside the Programs folder should be fine, though.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    edited June 2018
    Is BG1NPC compatible with the 2.5 beta as of its current state? I read in another thread it might need an update but I'm out of the loop and it was from awhile ago.

Thinking of playing again and this mod is a must-have.
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    BGEE v2.5 adds content like Branwen recognizing Tranzig, a Kivan-Tazok exchange, a resolution to Kagain’s quest, etc. Most of BG1NPC will work fine, but some things are likely to break around new or updated content.
  • valamyrvalamyr Member Posts: 130
    Thank you for the swift reply. Hm. I guess its fair that I risk running into a bug or two given its a beta patch with an un-updated mod. I guess Im willing to risk that, I can always find workarounds anyways.
  • whitewolfwhitewolf Member Posts: 12
    edited July 2018
    I have been having an issue with the Xan romance starting. I have an female elf yet the mod I don't think mod is recognizing her as such as I don't get any of the early romance discussion when the leave the mines and he acknowledges she is an elf which I remember from past play through, I am getting just general conversations.

I have done a reboot and only had NPC mod on in case other mods were effecting it but is still happening. Does anyone know how I could fix it? I have been looking for a earlier NPC mod version to see if that would work but not sure where to find it.

Edit: never mind I uninstalled dragonspear and just playing on enhanced and seems to be working. Thanks anyway
    Post edited by whitewolf on
  • GinaCGinaC Member Posts: 1
    I am having an issue with an EET install via BWS. I have tried this both using modmerge first, and secondly using modmerge within BWS.

Both times it fails saying that "modmerge is not installed and is required".
    GinaC said:

I am having an issue with an EET install via BWS. I have tried this both using modmerge first, and secondly using modmerge within BWS.

Both times it fails saying that "modmerge is not installed and is required".

If BG1NPC is failing, it is detecting sod-dlc.zip in your dlc folder, which indicates that something didn't go right with modmerge. The sod-dlc.zip file should be renamed to sod-dlc.disabled by modmerge. Do you get an error message when running modmerge?
  • BlastbackBlastback Member Posts: 54
    does haveing an npc leave the party prevent you from continuing companion interactions, like how in BG2 you couln't kick out your romance or let them die? or can you change party members and just pick up where you left off?
  • ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    @Blastback I'm not sure I understand your question. Are you asking if companion quests will break if they leave the party?
    Yes.
    edited July 2018
    Ack double post.
  • Wise_GrimwaldWise_Grimwald Member Posts: 3,853
    Blastback said:

does haveing an npc leave the party prevent you from continuing companion interactions, like how in BG2 you couln't kick out your romance or let them die? or can you change party members and just pick up where you left off?

There is a workaround for this. (Probably doesn't work well in Dragonspear due to ite linearality) You leave the character that you want to drop temporarilly in a room which you won't need again, you and the rest of your party being elsewhere. You then drop that character from your party and just leave them behind.

When you then want them to join up again, you go to their location and they will ask a quesion similar to, "Do you really want me to leave?" you say no and they will re-join with no adverse effects.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,671
    edited July 2018

Blastback said:

There is a workaround for this. (Probably doesn't work well in Dragonspear due to ite linearality) You leave the character that you want to drop temporarilly in a room which you won't need again, you and the rest of your party being elsewhere. You then drop that character from your party and just leave them behind.

When you then want them to join up again, you go to their location and they will ask a quesion similar to, "Do you really want me to leave?" you say no and they will re-join with no adverse effects.
    Yes and no - the moment the NPC walks towards the PC to ask why he was kicked out the NPC is - scripting wise - no longer in the party (i.e. the "not in party" check gives true). It's only missing the "I am really kicked out"-variable that gets set after the kickout dialogue. But as long as relevent script blocks only check for "not in party" this will not help against things that get triggered by this, I'm afraid.

@Blastback To your question, as far as I know kicking NPCs out does not end any of the BG1NPC romances.
    As to quests, all timers would still be running so probably the next moment the NPC joins again anything time-sensitive would activate depending on how long they had waited.
    yay!
  • RaduzielRaduziel Member Posts: 4,714

BGEE v2.5 adds content like Branwen recognizing Tranzig, a Kivan-Tazok exchange, a resolution to Kagain’s quest, etc. Most of BG1NPC will work fine, but some things are likely to break around new or updated content.

Will a new version be released addressing this?
    Raduziel said:

Will a new version be released addressing this?
    I'm working on it, but I can't promise it will be ready as soon as the 2.5 update is finalized.
  • megamike15megamike15 Member Posts: 2,666
    2.5 just came out today. what is the estimate for the updated version of npc project and ub?
    Is it on the Beamdog client? I tried re-downloading BGEE earlier today and still got 2.3.67.
  • lefreutlefreut Member Posts: 1,462

Is it on the Beamdog client? I tried re-downloading BGEE earlier today and still got 2.3.67.

Yes, I'm downloading the update right now :)

Odd. I've got the update for SoD & IWDEE, but not BGEE (w/o SoD).
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Maybe you have set it as BETA, not Retail?
    Cahir said:

Maybe you have set it as BETA, not Retail?

Nope. Retail. The beta download was giving me 2.5.10.
    So, uh, odd request. My computer has been giving me these weird system32\dll errors, and I can't use certain installers anymore. I've tried every official fix and scoured windows forums for answers, but nothing seems to work. The reasin I mention this is because the BGNPC installer is in the "cannot use" club. The normal Weidu executables work fine however. Would you be able/willing to include an option to download and run this mod without the installer?
    i just unzip it like any other rar file. instead of useing the installer.

i just unzip it like any other rar file. instead of useing the installer.

Can the installer be unzipped?
    it does for me.
    Good to know, thanks!
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    @ThacoBell yes it does. I always unzip installers and never use them to install mods. Just treat it as any other archive in this regard.
  • CanzahCanzah Member Posts: 37
    When can we expect an update for 2.5?