Skip to content

Update

tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
Okay, I'm back after a few months' hiatus.

First, the good news. My scans came back yesterday. So my cancer still hasn't spread after six years (to the week) of first detection. That puts me in the lucky 20%.

Second, the bad news. I have been in very bad shape lately. A bout of shingles wiped me out, but nearly three months later, I haven't gotten back to my previous (horrid) fatigue level. My sense of balance is bad; I've fallen twice in the last two weeks. I also have strange things going on physically, but no one knows what it is. To give you some idea, I am getting an MRI on my brain later this week.

And there are so many problems outside of my health that I won't go into, but hey, I have 2.5 on my iPad, so things could be far worse!
ronaldoBalrog99elminsterdeltagoThacoBellsemiticgoddessFinneousPJZaghoulOrlonKronsteenUnderstandMouseMagicGusindavoidofopinionmodestvoltaAerakar

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    Silver lining Mr.20%
    semiticgoddesstbone1Aerakar
  • FinneousPJFinneousPJ Member Posts: 6,455
    Welcome back and keep on keeping on! :D
    ThacoBelltbone1Aerakar
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    Glad to see you back and great news about the cancer scans. Sorry about the other stuff, though.
    ThacoBelltbone1Aerakar
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,366
    tbone1 said:

Well, I got my brain MRI results. They didn't find anything. Unfortunately, now that I'm brainless, I'll have to get a job as an expert on ESPN.

Don't sell yourself short, there's also Hollywood or politics. Both of those are far more lucrative than ESPN!
    ThacoBellsemiticgoddesstbone1Aerakar
  • OrlonKronsteenOrlonKronsteen Member Posts: 905
    tbone1 said:

Well, I got my brain MRI results. They didn't find anything. Unfortunately, now that I'm brainless, I'll have to get a job as an expert on ESPN.

Well, there has been a vacuum there since Skip Bayless left... Not that your previous posts have in any way reflected your recent MRI, of course. :)
    Balrog99Aerakar
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985

Well, there has been a vacuum there since Skip Bayless left...

What’s the old Tennessee Williams line?

“Well, Big Daddy, they say nature abhors a vacuum.”
    “That doesn’t mean a vacuum is worse than what nature replaces it with.”

Or something like that.

OrlonKronsteenAerakar