Skip to content

Meeting the Minds Queest

Why cant i actualy join the conspiracy to kill the council of four? i really wanted to be part of that quest. them betray the 4 guys too when i am done killing the council of 4.

Comments

• ThacoBellThacoBell Member Posts: 12,235
    That would completely derail something in the scope of a narrative expansion.
  • HarpyProductionsHarpyProductions Member Posts: 20
    what you mean? how is just killing 8 people in a quest derail anything?
    Plotting against the Grand Dukes would completely derail the campaign. The story depends on them being alive at the end of Siege. Or are you talking about "plotting against them" in the sense that you won't go anywhere with it afterwards? In that case, what would be the point?
    edited July 2018
    i did not finished siege of dragonspear. and i had already departed from baldurs gate. so i was thinking it was over with the dukes. but anyway. you can find alternative ways of doing the campaigns even when "essential" character die.
    In baldurs gate 2 if imoen dies, irenicus could just get the PC soul and let bodhi without it. imoen is really useless there. bodhi was already immortal thanks to vampirism. she may just not mind, or if she minds. irenicus could get away with violent. or non violent ways.
    the moral is, just because you think they are needed. it does not mean they are. other people will find ways of geting the plot complete even without these characters.
    as i said i did not finished SOD yet. so i dont know an alternative way. but when i finish i will come back here and talk about it
    Should probably finish the game before making claims about the story.
    just finished the game, and you absolutely dont need any of the dukes. the guy at the judgement could be anyone who works for the law. and the skie father, not having him alive to cry at the end wont change anything on the story.
    ploting against the dukes wont derail the campaign in anyway. you can still do everything else, if you dont get caught. or even if you do get caught. people might still want you alive to use you against caelar. this would give a new meaning to when lancie try to sacrifice you to caelar in order to stop the war.
    i dont see how you think the story depends on them being alive by the end. that is totaly nonsensical. if they did not existed nothing at all would change.
    so there is really no reason why we are not allowed to do this mission other than developers did not thought about we wanting to pick a more murderous approach. ironic considering how you can always do evil things. so i guess its just lazyness.
    @HarpyProductions Um, no. The dukes drive almost everthing about the end game. If some random official had presided over your trial, after being found with the victim's body, they would have just executed you.
    edited August 2018
    ThacoBell said:

@HarpyProductions Um, no. The dukes drive almost everthing about the end game. If some random official had presided over your trial, after being found with the victim's body, they would have just executed you.

nope. its just a maybe they would executed. they work for the law so they would follow due process. if, and only if the other officials decided to go renegade and stop following their laws, only then, they would execute the player. the dukes did not even needed to be there.

not that i care anymore. already gave up on this disapointment of a game when i finished it and got the conclusion that its a disapointment. i wont bother moding it
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    the ending of Sod is the silliest part of the whole game. Why can anyone actually try to find some sort of justification to the pitiful mess that it is?

People harshly criticize it because even a kid of 12 years old could make it. Am I exagerating? I've made cringe content too but I had 12 years old when I did that and still it was better than what I've seen.

There are some good things about Sod, namely encounters, the quest C&C, but it all proves ultimately useless due to how derailed the story is and how silly it is.

You don't even feel the weight of what you've done in Sod inside Baldur's gate 2 and people talk about the same being about BG1. But sorry, it was not I that claimed that SoD would be the bridge between these two games. A bridge that is actually floating separated by the other two parts; and when you talk about how things are certainly bad, you are going to get criticized hashly
    There is a LOT to dig into with SoD's story. Calling it cringey and childish is just a dismissal thrown out to avoid discussing it.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2018
    It's funny because the quest doesn't even actually imply killing the Dukes as the primary solution.
    We should pool our resources and undercut the trade business of... you know who. That will put us in a strong position.

The dregs of the Sword Coast fill our streets. Demand for goods is rising, and prices will follow-we'll see to it. You will speak out about the Council's inability to deal with the situation.

People will listen to the hero of Baldur's Gate. You will help us topple the Grand Dukes one by one. And we shall be there to take the reins of power.

A coup d'etat means a lot more than just strolling into the Ducal Palace and hacking the dukes to death. It could practically be a plotline on its own.

This is just another complaint that the game doesn't inexplicably let your low-INT low-WIS Chaotic Evil PC get away with wholesale slaughter.
  •  TheArtisan TheArtisan Member Posts: 3,277
    edited August 2018
    In baldurs gate 2 if imoen dies, irenicus could just get the PC soul and let bodhi without it. imoen is really useless there. bodhi was already immortal thanks to vampirism. she may just not mind, or if she minds. irenicus could get away with violent. or non violent ways.

It's generally a good idea to actually know the plot before critiquing it.
    edited August 2018

It's funny because the quest doesn't even actually imply killing the Dukes as the primary solution.

We should pool our resources and undercut the trade business of... you know who. That will put us in a strong position.

The dregs of the Sword Coast fill our streets. Demand for goods is rising, and prices will follow-we'll see to it. You will speak out about the Council's inability to deal with the situation.

People will listen to the hero of Baldur's Gate. You will help us topple the Grand Dukes one by one. And we shall be there to take the reins of power.

A coup d'etat means a lot more than just strolling into the Ducal Palace and hacking the dukes to death. It could practically be a plotline on its own.

This is just another complaint that the game doesn't inexplicably let your low-INT low-WIS Chaotic Evil PC get away with wholesale slaughter.
    its not inexplicably. doing a murder without being seem its totaly plausible way of geting away with slaughter. i got away with killing the guys ploting. no one ever knew it was my character.

it is not a complain about not geting away with it. its a complain about not being able to do it. before you can get away with anything you need to do it.

by the way. any anarchist could be against higher autority and some may consider these high autority to be evil by just using of the power they have, in example. taking taxes. so you dont need to be chaotic evil to want to kill the autority. thing that would be justifiable and good in the minds of these characters.

but if we are going to discuss about it. it will be like talking about what this plotline could have been. it might be fun