Skip to content

Hebrew Translation

TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
Howdy all, As you all know if you read my profile/new member thread (https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/68115/howdy-and-hail-from-icewind-dale#latest), I am 31 and on disability here in the States for a tumor and seizures, but i failed to mention that i have a Master's Degree in Biblical Studies, 5 yrs of study in the translating and study of the Hebrew language and if we want to do a Hebrew translation of BG1 to start off and then if it takes off move forward with the rest of the titles. I like to get some feedback from the community on this first though.
joluvZaghoullolien[Deleted User]

Comments

• joluvjoluv Member Posts: 2,137
    It'd be nice to have, but I wouldn't expect the demand to be strong enough to justify the effort. There just aren't all that many unilingual Hebrew speakers out there, relatively speaking. I'm also not sure whether there's support for right-to-left text.
    Torgrimmer
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    joluv said:

I'm also not sure whether there's support for right-to-left text.

That is built-in for the Mac and, IIRC, most versions of Linux. Whether the IE engine would need modification is a question for the likes of @JuliusBorisov

Torgrimmerlolien
  • TorgrimmerTorgrimmer Member Posts: 331
    tbone1 said:

joluv said:

I'm also not sure whether there's support for right-to-left text.

That is built-in for the Mac and, IIRC, most versions of Linux. Whether the IE engine would need modification is a question for the likes of @JuliusBorisov

Yes tbone1 is correct here; There are a few programs which are supported here. I am not sure for the IE engine, the Devs "@juliusBorisov" would have to confirm, but there are ways around it, but I could also talk to some of my buddies at the seminary i currently study at, working on my PhD. We might be able to work something up.
    [Deleted User]
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,714
    This forum category is the best place to look at what volunteer teams we have to translate games into other languages. It looks like there's no team to translate into Hebrew.

So the way would be to first contact Coriander as per the stickied thread.

This forum category is the best place to look at what volunteer teams we have to translate games into other languages. It looks like there's no team to translate into Hebrew.

So the way would be to first contact Coriander as per the stickied thread.

Thank you @JuliusBorisov will do.
    JuliusBorisov[Deleted User]
    I will be contacting or shooting an e-mail to Coriander in a few weeks once i get out of the hospital here and back into Seminary. Still looking forward at doing this @JuliusBorisov. just need time to recover. :D
    This is being resurrected, now that my recovery is near complete, give me 6 more months and then I will be shooting Coriander an e-mail to start the ball rolling on this.
    Due to a surprise medical development described in the following thread:

https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/71868/medical-update-good-but-horrible-news-followed#latest

I will no long be able to work on this project in the foreseen future, therefore i'm closing this thread and asking a mod to close it, by my request.
    lolien[Deleted User]
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Tagging @JuliusBorisov to close the thread.
    JuliusBorisov
This discussion has been closed.