Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition has been released! Visit nwn.beamdog.com to make an order. NWN:EE FAQ is available.
Soundtracks for BG:EE, SoD, BG2:EE, IWD:EE, PST:EE are now available in the Beamdog store.
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Is There Something Wrong with Simulacrum?

After patch, my level 31 sorcerer's simulacrum can cast lvl 9 spells and hlas. Before it could only cast up to level 8. I think this is a bug.

Comments

• Jaheiras_WitnessJaheiras_Witness Member Posts: 416
    Nothing wrong, it is basic maths. Simulacra are created at 60% of your current level (any roundings go down).

At level 29, your Simulacra would be 60% x 29 = 17.4, which rounded is level 17.

At level 30 it is 60% x 30 = 18.

A 17th level sorcerer simulacrum can cast up to level 8 spells so does not get your real character’s level 9 spells. An 18th level sorcerer simulacrum can cast level 9 spells and therefore does get them.

Mystery solved.

Borek
  • MyragMyrag Member Posts: 193
    edited July 31
    @Jaheiras_Witness Contrary to popular belief (incorrect description) single classed mages get simulacrum at 50% of level, multi at 60% and dual at 75%.

But I've noticed that in 2.5 even my lvl 29 sorc simulacra can cast 3 level 9 spells. So maybe they changed it to 60% now. 3 casts would suggest lvl 18 so 60% rounded up.

Tested also lvl 28 sorc. Simulacra could only cast lvl 8 spells.

Jaheiras_WitnessBorekTressetsemiticgod
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 6,805
    Myrag said:

Contrary to popular belief (incorrect description) single classed mages get simulacrum at 50% of level, multi at 60% and dual at 75%.

This is something I didn't know about. I assume, however, that the devs changed it to 60% for everyone who casts the spell for consistency and to match the description.

• MyragMyrag Member Posts: 193
    @Tresset doesn't seem to be the case for Dual either. My Kensai 13 -> Mage 28 simulacrum can cast 3 level 9 spell which seems weird.

75% of 28 is exactly 21 and 21 level mage can cast 2 level 9 spells
    60% of 28 is 16.8 which would mean 17 rounded up so 0 level 9 spells

None of the cases match.

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,104
    Thanks @kjeron, I guess we get to revisit it for v2.6.