Skip to content

[MOD] Psionics Unleashed ver. 0.3 (new update; bg2ee support)

124»

Comments

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @decado Yes. It's compressed inside one of the resource files. You can access it with Near Infinity or DLTCEP if you want to.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Giving up now. NearInfinity gives me a dialog.tlk error and no clue how to even begin searching for specific files in DLTCEP which also gives me dialog.tlk errors.
    @mlnevese, moved my dialog.tlk into the same folder and the chitin.key, and NI now seems to work. In the meantime I had installed SCS and BG2Tweaks.

The only bgee.sql was present in the override folder and had been created by one of those two installations. Removing/renaming it caused the same overflow error to occur when I re-installed this mod.

I seem to have some mystery files. could these be one of the files causing errors? NI won't let me open or remove these.

• mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @decado I really don't know what are the files in the 400h range.

One thing you could try is copy the entire game folder somewhere else and install the psionics mod first in a clean install of the game. Some other mod may have made some change in the sql file that the psionics installer does not know how to deal with or the current version of the mod is just incompatible with version 1.2 of the game. If it still doesn't work then just restore your backup and resume playing until this mod is updated.
    edited January 2014
    @mlnevese. I'll leave it for now. As of yesterday it was a clean install with only a couple of override files (your XP cap removals ones) so not sure what the issue can be. As mentioned I can't see any BGEE.sql file even using NI anywhere with the exception of the one created yesterday.

Cheers anyway.
  • JS82JS82 Member Posts: 15
    @Kwiat: Progress on the mod? Don´t mean to bug, but can´t wait to try it with HLA´s :-)
  • AurelazzaAurelazza Member Posts: 8
    I've been trying to get Varshoon, the Ilithid NPC's class to that of a Psion. I tinkered around in NearInfinity and EEKeeper a bit, but to no success. Since Psions work on a bit of a different system from the other classes, how would I go about changing it correctly?

On a completely unrelated note, would an Egoist with near-max physical stats and an emphasis on self-buffs make a semi-decent melee caster? Or would I just have to wait and pray that the Psionic Warrior comes out.

You've made a very, very impressive mod, and I tip my hat to you good sir.
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Cast: necro thread
    @Kwiat_W I hope this mod is still alive? Any chance for an update ?
    KeshavNoobacca
  • AmmellisanAmmellisan Member Posts: 19
    opening that dead thread!
    was wondering if anyone could help me out, i tried messaging the original creator but...i think he's gone.
    whenever i try to install this mod, and create a character, the character then only gets 1 spell of each level, the others are in his spellbook but he only memorizes one of them. even when i manually try to let him memorize spells, he says 'give me a minute'(which makes me very angry) and then proceeds to unmemorize the other spells, and just memorizes just 1 per level again.

anyone know what i can do about this? or am i just 'F'd' cause it happens due to 1.3 patch or sommin?
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    I hope there is an update. This is one of my favourite mods!
  • DarkersunDarkersun Member Posts: 398
    Maybe it is not compatible with 1.3
    Normally you just select the spells from the special ability tab ("learn new power") and then you don't have to memorize them manually.
    Ammellisan
    yeah i think i figured it out, since 1.3 spells that are memorized outside of the 'memorized' boxes become gray and cannot be cast, due to their new system where when you don't have enough slots it keeps it in case you do (so that you don't have to re-memorize spells after restoration from level drain for instance) too bad it broke this mod and a few others...
    Noobacca
  • NoobaccaNoobacca Member Posts: 139
    @Ammellisan‌, did you try contacting @Kwiat_W‌ on the Psionics Unleashed SHS forums (http://www.shsforums.net/forum/634-psionics-unleashed/)? You might have better luck with a response there.
    Ammellisan
    heh thanks, i haven't tried that actually, might do that, not sure.
    i think using EEkeeper to just give the character 100 memorizable spells works fine too, haven't had time to test it yet.
    Noobacca
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Please, a new release.
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    So,
    any chance for a conversion for EET?