Skip to content

All-Nutball run. Last slot?

butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
I’m thinking of doing an all-weirdo run of BGEE. That means collecting the strangest personalities and taking them to Sarevok’s dinner party!

I’ve got it mostly figured out, except for the last slot. So far I have:
* Minsc
* Montaron
* Xzar
* Tiax

Who would you propose for the last slot? Base your decision on personality ONLY! Also, I’ll be using the BG1 NPC Project mod.

Bonus question: would you make any changes to the four I’ve selected so far or do you approve?
Zaghoul

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Quayle and switch out Monty for Baeloth.
    butteredsoulgugulug5000
  • butteredsoulbutteredsoul Member Posts: 168
    Baeloth has a big theatrical personality, true. I don’t find him all that wacky, though. Hmmm. Could be fun though.
  • Very_BigSwordVery_BigSword Member Posts: 222
    I would consider Xan (depressed, fatalistic) and Shar-Teel (misandrist, anger issues, mummy issues, daddy issues) as suitable personalities for such a group.

Montaron does not really make the cut for me - nasty and murderous, sure, but not quite nutball.
    butteredsoulContemplative_HamsterQuartz
  • UnderstandMouseMagicUnderstandMouseMagic Member Posts: 2,147

I agree with @Very_BigSword, Monteron doesn't strike me as being wacky/strange, and Shar Teel and Xan are good choices as well

How about Alora?
    She's a bit of an oddball with her happy happy joy joy ect. (and she winds Xan up as well)

butteredsoul
    Three nays for Monty? I may have to toss him, then. Hopefully Xzar won't be too unhappy.

Meanwhile, Xan and Xzar together? This could be the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
    Grond0Quartz
  • ArthasArthas Member Posts: 1,091
    Does anyone know if level 1 npcs has banter between the couples and other npc(s) in the group? Are you missing any content if you kill dynhaeri and take only minsc?
    Good question. Do I lose out on cool Xzar stuff without Monty?

I think my CHARNAME this run is going to be a gnome zerk. Or maybe a F/Ill
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    butteredsoul
    Interesting. If taking Alora a zerk would suit, or F/I if using Shar Teel.

Because Alora is not available until late Montaron could stay for a while. Or Quayle for the lolz.
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938

Good question. Do I lose out on cool Xzar stuff without Monty?

I think my CHARNAME this run is going to be a gnome zerk. Or maybe a F/Ill

Xzar still has his quests without Monty in BGNPC, but you will miss out on a couple of fights/murders that Monty is involved in when he's around.
    edited August 2018
    May have to be:
    Jester, Minsc, Tiax, Xzar, Alora, Xan. I’d use the options to start Alora in Gullykin and Tiax in Beregost. Though swapping out Xan for Sharty dualed to a backstabbing thief would be fun.

Now if only BGEE 2.5 would officially launch!

Or maybe the dual bastard sword wielding female gnome Zerker. Decisions
    Post edited by butteredsoul on
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    I love daggers in BG1, but really wish their was some magical throwing options. I could try a mod I guess? I once Keepered a Wild Mage to have 2 pips in Dagger and 3 in DW as an off the wall choice, and it was rather fun. Just a crazy char-name option!
    JuliusBorisov
  • magaritymagarity Member Posts: 51
    I’d use the options to start Alora in Gullykin and Tiax in Beregost
    How do you start Alora in Gullykin?
  • ZaghoulZaghoul Member, Moderator Posts: 3,938
    magarity wrote: »
    I’d use the options to start Alora in Gullykin and Tiax in Beregost
    How do you start Alora in Gullykin?
    @magarity
    BGNPC Project. CD Tweaks also allows one to change starting points of some other NPC's as well.
    edited March 2019
    DreadKhan wrote: »
    I love daggers in BG1, but really wish their was some magical throwing options. I could try a mod I guess? I once Keepered a Wild Mage to have 2 pips in Dagger and 3 in DW as an off the wall choice, and it was rather fun. Just a crazy char-name option!

BGNPC project is the only mod I know with a returning throwing dagger and the OP is running this mod. But it involves recruiting Kivan and the nutballs have already been gathered so that is a tough call. Dagger Barbi will do fine without magic throwing knives I'm sure, the non-magic ones are pretty strong regardless and there is always melee...
    DreadKhan
  • DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,857
    Yeah, that was the comforting aspect, Dagger of Venom is a nasty weapon, among the best options in melee in BG1.
    Quartz