Skip to content

Game Patch: 1.0.2009

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
As Trent pointed out Here, a new patch has been released, which will update your game to 1.0.2009 when you install it from the launcher/client.

By popular demand (and because, really, I should have posted one last time too), here's a list of the fixes that have been implemented with this patch:

Crash Fixes:
- Multiplayer connecting to non-host bug fixed
- Fixed Right click map crash bug
- Crash reporting has been improved
- Fixed crash for OpenGL drivers that don't support compression
Text/Localization Fixes:
- Fixed Neera dialogue problem with Edwin in party
- Fixed Rasaad dialog loop
- Updates to English, French, German text
- Fixed Dorn looping dialogue problem
- Fixed Neera and Rasaad item descriptions
- Bastard sword strength requirement description updated to 11
- Help tooltip says 'Help' instead of 'Rest'
- Fix for Half-Orc Biography
Added or Improved/Fixed Features:
- Version # now displays on main screen
- Added support for 'Program Options', 'Maximum Frame Rate'
- Fixed function key assignment issues
- Added autosave for Start of Black Pits
- Added toggle for hardware mouse cursor
- Improved Mouse Wheel support
- Min/max damage correctly displays strength modification
General Fixes:
- Dorn stuck in Kryll cutscene fixed
- Fixed Dorn movement on early Kryll letter retrieval
- Fixes Gallus in the Black pits proficiency selection
- Disabled stairs in tutorial until Belt tells you to use them
- Lothander / Rasaad bug fixed
- Flaming Fist reputation loss bug fixed
- Neera plot Thayan bodyguard XP fixed
- Fixed party members attacking each other bug
- Tranzig not using spells fixed
- Fixed Neera is busy and won't rejoin party bug
IMPORTANT: Send us your .dmp files!

In order to fix things more efficiently, the developers have asked that .dmp files be brought to their attention. A .dmp file is important for finding the source of a crash, which then makes preventing future crashes easier.

If your game crashes, the game now creates a .dmp file under Documents\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\crash, which you can email directly to me at beamdmp@gmail.com and I'll make sure it gets seen. These .dmp files are invaluable for figuring out not just what's happening on your system, but also why it's causing your game to crash, which will allow the developers to find a solution.

Finally--and this is very important: Do not install a mod on your game unless it has been confirmed to be compatible with the Enhanced Edition. This is ultimately the root cause of a lot of the problems people are experiencing (or enough to warrant this reminder, at least). If you're wanting to use a favorite mod, just be patient; a lot of the modders are beta testers so they've had a bit of a head start, but it still may take some time to update all of them. Installing the old mods can cause instabilities in your game, which may cause the game to crash or render it otherwise unplayable.
Post edited by PhillipDaigle on

Comments

• ElitroElitro Member Posts: 18
    Neera still doesn't have anything to say to me :(
  • TemplarTemplar Member Posts: 21
    Thank you for being so quick with the patching - While the game has had its issues for me so far, it is really nice to see that you are able to provide fixes for our issues without much of a delay! :)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    In addition to the above, I will add that just because this patch has been released doesn't mean that Cameron has stopped working on fixes. He's still hard at work, but they wanted to make sure that what they've fixed gets released as early as possible, to allow more people to start enjoying the game (or continue enjoying it more, as the case may be).
  • MuzzleMuzzle Member Posts: 5
    Thanks so much guys! keep up the hard work!!!
  • KankKank Member Posts: 38
    Just wanted to add this before the "Half-Orc BIO STILL BROKEN" starts. If you made a Half-Orc before the patch you need to revert your bio to see the change.

Record - Customize - Biography - Revert.

Keep up the great work guys!
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited December 2012
    Wow, thanks for this! I can't believe how often and how fast updates are being done.

EDIT: It's been a mere five days since release!
  • HogfatherHogfather Member Posts: 27
    Nice work beamdog.

Any ETA on matchmaking?
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    The only thing I wanted, being able to play at 45fps, was included in this patch. Thank you and I will now roll my first character.
  • HogfatherHogfather Member Posts: 27
    @Kortok

What's the significance of the FPS issue? Is it something I want to know about?! :)
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited December 2012
    New patch on top of patch? o_O

1.0.2009a?
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited December 2012
    Uhm..after installing the new patch I've started to have audio issues with movies..audio is scratchy..
    I've heard of people having this problem before but I have it now, after the patch..I'll start to check out a solution around..

EDIT: I've seen that another fix is out, 2009a, hope this will solve my problem. :)

In case is not, I've posted here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10353/stuttering-audio-on-movies#latest

This is a post @JaySee84 has opened: if someone has the solution post it there, please! :)
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • InsideTheOceanInsideTheOcean Member Posts: 11
    Where do I lock my Frame Rate?
  • creator1629creator1629 Member Posts: 66
    thanks for all your hard work guys. it is much appreciated
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I want a feature request to triple like @Aosaw post. I do really appreciate the tweaks and improvements. My play to this point has been largely painless, but more is better! Thanks.
  • Dr_AtomicDr_Atomic Member Posts: 50
    Mornmagor said:

New patch on top of patch? o_O

1.0.2009a?

I noticed this too; though the version number is still 1.0.2009. Anyone have any idea what it does?

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    Wow, I'm really impressed with how quickly you guys have been cranking out the updates. Love to see developers who A) support their product and B) are this open with the community.

If you're able to sustain this level of productivity, I can see BGEE being bug-free inside of two or three months.
    edited December 2012

EDIT: I've seen that another fix is out, 2009a, hope this will solve my problem. :)

In case is not, I've posted here http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/10353/stuttering-audio-on-movies#latest

This is a post @JaySee84 has opened: if someone has the solution post it there, please! :)

EDIT: I agree with @Arsene_Lupin: is really awesome to see you all guys work really hard and release patches fast as thunders in the sky to improve the game I love: Baldur's Gate!! :D I'm sure that lots of people thinks thtìe same! :D
  • gabilturghgabilturgh Member Posts: 25
    Hi guys, first of all, awsome job with the game!
    I can't seem to get the updates via the independent client...I hit the "repair install" button so it will check for updates, then the msg "...checking for updates..." appears, but no update is found...I can't see which version I rolling...please help =D
  • husker4lifehusker4life Member Posts: 6
    edited December 2012
    How do i install the patch? I open the launcher and all it does is download the game again, i already have it installed but i moved it to a different hard drive whats the deal?
    @husker4life:

If you use the beamdog client you chan choose the path in the options, if you use the stand-alone you can change the path during the installation process.

It should download and install the update only.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    I don't see program options anywhere for the frame rate cap...
  • AdventSignAdventSign Member Posts: 96
    Did this also bring back the coloured backpack when the inventory isn't full?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @AdventSign
    Yes.

@PugPug
    Open Baldur.ini in WordPad or notepad++. The line for the frame rate will be toward the bottom.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349
    edited December 2012
    not that I was haveing alot of truble with the game, but its nice to see that your fixing alot of problems really fast. keep it up ;P

Edit: and frame rate YAE!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    anything on persistent zoom? kinda a big deal still since you have to reset it every. single. area.
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    Aosaw said:

@AdventSign
    Yes.

@PugPug
    Open Baldur.ini in WordPad or notepad++. The line for the frame rate will be toward the bottom.

Cool, looks like the default is 30. No need to change it, then.
  • FrostyFrosty Member Posts: 190
    This patch seems to have fixed the trobbel I was having in Nashkel game is veary stable now