Skip to content

Stuttering Audio on Movies

Comments

• ArabaniArabani Member Posts: 25
    Same as Stickfigure2, prety anoying bug. I'm sure problem is in hardware aceleration. Can we have option to chose software or hardware sound in game? Don't know about technical posibility, but every MMO has such option.
  • agentchaosagentchaos Member Posts: 7
    the audio in the movies are still stuttering even after the latest patch. hopefully this issue gets resolved with the next update. love the new cutscene designs hate to see them ruined with stuttering audio after the latest updates
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    That's true, @agentchaos, last patch has fixed lots of other bugs but not this, I hope that devs will solve our issue in the next patches, or at least communicate us a solution to try manually us alone. :)

Keep posting here, guys, anyone who has this problem and if someone should have the solution we will surely be happy! ;D
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    Just downloaded the 2010 update, and the problem is still persisting. Hope we have more luck with the next patch.
  • sterkelmsterkelm Member Posts: 9
    I have the same problem. Hopefully resolved soon.
  • KerozevokKerozevok Member Posts: 695
    edited December 2012
    Same for me (1.0.2010), no problem in game, but the sound is crappy for the movies.
    Post edited by Kerozevok on
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    I've been getting this since forever, too.

@Nathan - It's time to use H.264 encoding for those videos ;-D
    @AndreaColombo: Welcome to the club! ;D
    @Metalloman: I'm sure you meant welcome to the show ;-P
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813

the audio in the movies are still stuttering even after the latest patch. hopefully this issue gets resolved with the next update. love the new cutscene designs hate to see them ruined with stuttering audio after the latest updates

agree

still getting stutterring

ttt

• RektaRekta Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    i just got the game yesterday and its doing it for me also audio in the movies are stuttering
  • CuriouslyCuriousCuriouslyCurious Member Posts: 13
    Same for me too, no problems with the vid sounds before and after the first patch, but since the second patch update, complete laggy studdering and sound break up.
  • RektaRekta Member Posts: 3
    really hoping for a fix since i would like to play the game with the movies studdering fixed
    Shameless bump...
    Still experiencing the issue. REALLY hoping it get resolved soon.
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    JaySee84 said:

Shameless bump...
    Still experiencing the issue. REALLY hoping it get resolved soon.

Same here.

Although I REALLY don't care how soon it gets resolved.

sad that they removed durlags tower cinematic among others

sad that they removed durlags tower cinematic among others

+1
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    I have this problem too. Game runs smooth as you please, but videos stutter sometimes. Sometimes not quite so much, sometimes really terribly so. Weird.
  • NinpuukamuiNinpuukamui Member Posts: 5
    I am also experiencing the audio stutter in movies; it makes them unwatchable.
    No pain no gain..XD

We will wait as we can't do anything else..but I agree that the loss of some movies that were in the original BG is really sad..T^T
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    In addition to the stuttering everyone else is mentioning, I'm having an issue where when the narrator comes on (after a chapter or when you sleep and have a dream), the text scrolls too fast. It finishes well before the narrator is done talking. Anyway to adjust that?
    @blatantninja:

It is not an issue. It was like so even in the original BG since the very beginning.

I really don't know how to adjust that, I've never been a Mod-Pro in BG..but maybe someone else knows how to do it.

Just wanted to highlight the fact that the text scroll speed is not an issue. :)
  • blatantninjablatantninja Member Posts: 29
    well its not a NEW issue! Thanks though, been so long since I played it and the first time my computer was so slow, the audio was probably finishing before the text scroll!
    @blatantninja - that's a known issue, and it is unfortunately impossible to fix completely (if you fix speed so that text is on par with sound in one narration, it gets screwed up in another one).
    Well, just updated the game and was looking forward to watching the updated introduction... But alas, it's still unwatchable. PLEASE sort this out in the next update, devs?!
    Well..let's say that the sync with narration and text scroll speed is the last of my problems..and we are all here to report another issue, the Audio Stuttering on BG movies hoping that will be solved, even if it is not an important one..there are many baddest issues in BG:EE here, for sure, but it is also sure that even if one wants to taste the new style of the movies he can't at the moment.
  • NukeninNukenin Member Posts: 327
    I still have to beat the WebM videos (each update downloads fresh copies to replace my "fixed" copies, but that's okay—let's me check to see if the problem has been fixed) down to 480p in order to have (slightly smaller) copies that play back in the game without audio distortion, as of today's (5th?) update.
  • goobargoobar Member Posts: 1
    Hi!

After i applied one of recent patches (I don't rembember the number) sound started cutting during cinematics. In-game sound is fine, I've problems only with movies. Before patch everything was ok.

I'm using Windows XP with SP3.

I would appreciate any help.
  • RaxNahaliRaxNahali Member Posts: 12
    I'm experiencing the same cut scene stuttering during the movies. Just chiming in and I'm hoping the dev's will deal with the issue. Running a Dell xps m170 laptop.
  • agentchaosagentchaos Member Posts: 7
    Latest patch and still have the crackling sound in the movies. the movies were fine for the first two updates.
  • MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    I used the mod to regain old movies. Had the same issue with them.