Skip to content

Stuttering Audio on Movies

Comments

• SWAPSWAP Member Posts: 1
    Can you make it with 360p resolution, like youtube, i dont know why, the game run perfectly but the movie still shuttering a little with your fix...
  • MetallomanMetalloman Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,975
    edited February 2013
    I see that the new patch (2014) didn't solved this audio problem. Anyone knows something?
  • ljboljbo Member Posts: 177
    Confirmed the latest patch didn't solve it on Windows. Moreover the MacOS X version is affected by the same glitch (I only tried the intro movie for the main Baldur's Gate section).
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    Goddammit! Surely it can't be that hard to fix?!
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Okay, what kind of video cards do people have that are experiencing this issue? If it's a laptop, is it a dual graphics setup?
    Personally I have a Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6970 on a desktop pc. :)
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    I have NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250, also pc.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    The next step then, for both of you, is to make sure you are running the absolute latest version of the drivers available from NVidia / AMD. (Do not use the drivers from your computer or video card manufacturer, as these tend to be out of date)
    edited February 2013
    Good point, but the problem persists even on the latest version.

Although this problem does not bug me much, it would be good to know why it is happening...
    I always update my video drivers, the problem is always present since the first release of BG:EE and through every AMD driver update..
    This issue has been found in cases where there is a performance bottleneck, especially where video performance is a problem.

Does the game slow down significantly when entangle is cast?
    Absolutely not, for me. :)
    me neither.
    Now that is interesting...I'll have to turn it back over to @Nathan at this point - was just helping you get through the preliminaries :)
    edited February 2013
    Ok, we will wait patiently! ;)
    Post edited by Metalloman on
  • ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    @Nathan

This problem started for me after one of the early game updates, the videos played flawlessly before the update (I can't recall which update it was exactly) and the video files themselves are fine (they run without error in VLC).

The laptop that I'm playing BG:EE on -

AMD Phenom II N970 Quad-Core 2.2 GHz
    4 Gb RAM
    64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium
    ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series
    1366 x 768 res

I have tried many possible solutions (running as administrator in different compatibility modes, re-downloading and reinstalling the entire game, updating drivers using the AMD updater, and then rolling back to the Windows recommendations) to no avail.
  • DarksheerDarksheer Member Posts: 84
    @Nathan

AMD Athlon 64 4000+ 2.4GHz
    2Gb RAM
    Windows 7 U
    Radeon x800 (1600x900)

Desktop computer, newest drivers, no performance problems other than the stuttering video.
  • Darigaaz87Darigaaz87 Member Posts: 135
    @Nathan

MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3
    Intel Pentium 4
    RAM 1,00 GB
    512 MBRadeon X1650 Series

Desktop computer, newest drivers, no performance problems other than the stuttering video.
  • NathanNathan Member Posts: 1,007
    Thanks very much for the information, everyone - keep it coming if you're experiencing this problem.
  • JaySee84JaySee84 Member Posts: 52
    MS Windows Vista Home Premium 32-Bit SP2
    AMD Phenom 9550 Quad-Core 2.20 Ghz
    RAM 3GB
    NVIDIA GeForce 9200
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    My PC is a Toshiba laptop. Not exactly top-notch, if you will, but it runs the game just fine and never stutters with any other video than BG:EE's.

AMD E-350 (1.60 Ghz)
    4,00 Gb DDR2 RAM
    AMD Radeon HD6330M
    Windows 7 Home 64 bit

Unfortunately I find myself unable to install the latest drivers for my videocard, as AMD's website explicitly mentions that Toshiba laptop users should get drivers from Toshiba instead of installing theirs. I am running the latest drivers Toshiba provided for my model, but they are a bunch of versions behind.

I could try downloading and installing new drivers nonetheless, but I'm afraid I could not fix it if they screwed up my laptop.
    @AndreaColombo: I think a way to fix back the toshiba drivers exists, even if you can't see anything on your screen after installing AMD ones! :)
    If you want we can talk in PM and try this one, ok? :)
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,525
    @Metalloman - Sure, ping me privately and let's see how this may be dealt with :)
  • RadhamanthysRadhamanthys Member Posts: 106
    MS Windows XP Pro SP3
    Pentium4 3.00GHz
    3.75GB RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS
  • IvanhoeIvanhoe Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 510
    edited March 2013
    I also have problems with the video, the sequences and their audio stutter.
    The game has not other problems (but I had to add string OpenGL 1, because the game crashed at the beginning).
    PC Desktop
    XP Professional (5.1, build 2600/2002 SP3)
    Intel Pentium 4 2.80GHz
    NVIDIA GeForce FX5600XT 128MB
    1GB RAM DDR (but I have also tried with 2GB)
    DirectX 9.0c
    Last drivers
  • Soulstrike87Soulstrike87 Member Posts: 4
    Exact same problem as everyone else, in game video playback stutters dramatically.

PC Desktop
    XP Home SP3
    Intel Pentium 4 3.20Ghz
    nVidia GeForce 7600GS AGP 256MB
    2 GB DDR
    DirectX 9.0
    Asus Xonar DG soundcard (I doubt it makes a difference but I'll add the sound card)
  • MortMort Member Posts: 1
    Having the same problem. Very frustrating.
    Windows Vista Home Premium
    Compaq Presario CQ50 Notebook
    AMD AThlon Dual-Core QL-62
    2GB RAM
    GeForce 8200M G

People have had this problem for awhile. Please solve ASAP.
  • LlamallandLlamalland Member Posts: 1
    Same problem (game runs perfectly otherwise, movies stutter with audio but visuals are fine, credits roll fine).

You've known about this problem forever, what's the holdup? Tell me to do things, test options out, edit configuration files, whatever if it helps. Just get this problem fixed. I'd hate for this problem to still be in BG2EE.

Win 7 64 pro
    AMD Opteron 180
    2 gigs DDR1
    Nvidia G430
    All drivers for everything are current.
    whatever else you want to know, just ask.
  • ConnavarConnavar Member Posts: 1
    Same problema here!

I suggest that someone at last embed the VLC player into games, as the default playback player. I guess that will be the solution Jesus!
    I had the same problems with the Batman's Asylum movie-videos also. We see 1080p resolutions fine and the sound can't follow...Jesus why...Cast something...anything!?