Skip to content

Impossible to sell certain items: magical bolts, Kiel's helmet, Werebane, Sword of Balduran

2»

Comments

• HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    Current behaviour:
    When at merchant buying daggers, Werebane +1 is grayed out and unsellable.

Expected behaviour:
    It's a dagger, so it any merchants that normally buy daggers should be able to buy it.
  • valkyvalky Member Posts: 386
    It's flagged as 'unsellable' in the source, so no merchant will trade for it.

Dunno if it's intended or not, but the same Dagger in BG2 can't be sold as well.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Well, it is marked critical. I'm not sure why.
  • HeadbombHeadbomb Member Posts: 213
    edited December 2012
    Well it's almost required to kill some of the Wolfweres and Loup-Garous like Karoug and Mendas/Selaad Gan, but other than that... nothing seems to be depending on you possessing this dagger or not. It's completely possible to entirely miss the barrel/chest/whatever containing it in AR1502.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    1.png 1.4M
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    It has a flag on it that makes it unsellable for some reason.
  • AedanAedan Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 8,550
    edited April 2013
    @Samus @Tresset
    Thread merged. Now I remeber why you cannot sell the sword. It is considered a quest item (which explain the unsellable flag). This is intended, present in the vanilla game and it will not be changed.
  • KougaKouga Member Posts: 83
    edited May 2016
    *cough* Sorry for the necro, but I'm overcome by the utter necessity to mention that
    there are no merchants on the werewolf island and therefore it is not necessary to flag both the sword of balduran and werebane as essential from a selling perspective (I cannot discern any other characteristic of the "essential flag" from these posts), as there are no werewolves outside of the island, making the two weapons not at all "essential", correct me if I'm wrong.