Skip to content

You know you play Baldur's Gate too much when..

Comments

• ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    When you enter someone's house and steal his stuff thinking he wouldn't react.
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    When you hear "you have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourselves" when someone knocks on your door.
    When you think your hamster is talking to you.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    When you hear "you have been waylaid by enemies and must defend yourselves" when someone knocks on your door.
    If it's a bunch of Jehovah's Witnesses, hearing that voice may actually not be a symptom of too much playing.
  • NeoDragonNeoDragon Member Posts: 169
    edited July 2012
    ... when you try to enter 'Baldur's Gate - The Blushing Mermaid' into your navigation system
    When you ask your girlfriend if you can restore her wings.
  • irenicus1992irenicus1992 Member Posts: 12
    .....when you fight with Draconis(or other Dragon) and You die for the hundredth time and starting swearing really badly when your parents are in the same room.....
  • WardWard Member Posts: 1,305
    When you say to a girl while in your bed..

"Maaammy, I don't feel so good."
  • BKattBKatt Member Posts: 11
    When you name your firstborn son Minsc.
  • TonaraskyTonarasky Member Posts: 7
    When you call all of your underlings at work "Biff"
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366
    Tonarasky said:

When you call all of your underlings at work "Biff"

@Tonarasky Yay Biff the understudy ftw!

• FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    When you start an underground network of turnip dealers!
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    In chatrooms your greetings will be - heya .... After a while no matter whut your nick are , they know its you
    When you're telling someone that your house is clean as an evlen arse.
  • QueynosQueynos Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 127
    when you replay the sahuagin dialogue in your head whenever you see or someone mentions Harry Potter parselmouth
  • EcthelionEcthelion Member Posts: 61
    When someone asks you for your reason to enter a building, you answer "Fafhrd"
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    When you watch movies, you hear the door shutting noise and tell yourself "That's from Baldur's Gate!"
  • XenonXenon Member Posts: 13
    ... when you try to "identify" the functions of your iphone.
  • WinthalWinthal Member Posts: 366

When you watch movies, you hear the door shutting noise and tell yourself "That's from Baldur's Gate!"

@Cheesebelly this happens to me all the time! I swear I've heard that "childrens laughter" noise from Beregost in several movies. My guess is that there's a company you can buy licenses to these sounds from, that there's basically a whole archive with different tabs like "nature sounds", "traffic sounds" or "gurgling death sounds". Makes sense, otherwise all sounds would have to be freshly recorded for every single game, movie and tv-show ever.

• MathuzzzMathuzzz Member Posts: 203
    Winthal said:

@Cheesebelly this happens to me all the time! I swear I've heard that "childrens laughter" noise from Beregost in several movies. My guess is that there's a company you can buy licenses to these sounds from, that there's basically a whole archive with different tabs like "nature sounds", "traffic sounds" or "gurgling death sounds". Makes sense, otherwise all sounds would have to be freshly recorded for every single game, movie and tv-show ever.

They are either licensing these sounds or they are some free sounds for this usage. And they are used very often. Like how many times have you heard in other game or TV that sound from Doom 2, when final boss shot the cube from his brain. Also lots of other sounds heard in Doom/Quake are used very often.
  • GridianGridian Member Posts: 50
    Whe you go into every cellar, look for rats and kill them if you find them, go back up with prove of your great deed and ask whoever you meet first for a couple of gold coins as a reward.
  • ZafiroZafiro Member Posts: 436
    edited July 2012
    When you be intoxicated and encounter strangers on the street and go all like: hello guysh, how are youse going. I'll lets ya into a little shecret...I'm a LICH. Yessh I am, powerful magicsh I wields. Give me alls your moneys! Whoa, ya guysh jusht don't get it, do ya. I'm gonna killsh you with my allsh-mighty magical powersh. So nows whatsh itsh gonna be, death or...or shumthin'.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806
    When you go on holiday in some scenic place and step into the waterfall searching for a dead cat to give to a crying girl.

You know the girl hasn't played BG when she runs away screaming nor did her mother play BG if she smacks you on the head with her handbag.
  • gesellegeselle Member Posts: 325
    Ok got one last: ... you spend most time during character creation figuring, what class you should play
    or: you must ask a friend what class you should play, since you can't decide
  • byrne20byrne20 Member Posts: 503
    When you try to pick the lock of your own front door and imagine 'Lockpick Failed' Poping up in your head
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182
    When someone says something clever and you're all like "Oh you arrre a smarrrt one....".
    Well I say the french equivalent and it makes me smile.
  • CuvCuv Member, Developer Posts: 2,535
    When you find an old piece of paper behind the refrigerator and think it might be the deed to the Windspear Hills
  • inweinwe Member Posts: 79
    ... When fourteen years later, after few days thinking over and over again, I still don't know wich one will be my first character :-/