Skip to content

Android release date

1234568»

Comments

• IrianIrian Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    NWNEE, fine, but Planescape Torment EE...? Instant buy, probably even on PC before the Android version is out. *drooling*
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    Well ipad BG2:EE was rejected from the app store, guess that means we're on the back burner again until they can resubmit it
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    yup us android users are going to be a second thought once again, another reason to hate apple, at this rate i shall be enjoying BG:EE on my tablet when i retire in 40 years
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Dice42 said:

Well ipad BG2:EE was rejected from the app store, guess that means we're on the back burner again until they can resubmit it

I thought the same thing when I saw the news about the ipad build.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    edited December 2013
    Here we go again...

• FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    "Coming Soon!"

(By Christmas, 2014!)
  • Mystic1987Mystic1987 Member Posts: 26
    At least nothing has changed as far as how much priority Android gets.
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    it's hard to lower the priority of something that's already at the very bottom
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    There goes the spirit of Christmas...
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    Gutted, I knew this was going to happen, but I kept that spark alive, but I'm afraid that this news has crushed it...
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    QUIT TOYING WITH MY EMOTIONS!!!
  • giantyakgiantyak Member Posts: 5
    I'm officially out of the waiting game now and glad i never purchased iOS or PC versions of the game.
    It's not so much that the game was completed on one plat form before another, but more that progress is made on BG2 on other platforms before BG1 is even out on android.
    Its a bit of a joke that side by side development wasn't done, or at least a start made on all platforms so that there would be a plan of action to combat any immediate issues as opposed to discovering issues a year or two down the track on one platform.
    No excuse is good enough and thus why i will not support this project.
  • Aron740Aron740 Member Posts: 153
    giantyak said:

I'm officially out of the waiting game now and glad i never purchased iOS or PC versions of the game.
    It's not so much that the game was completed on one plat form before another, but more that progress is made on BG2 on other platforms before BG1 is even out on android.
    Its a bit of a joke that side by side development wasn't done, or at least a start made on all platforms so that there would be a plan of action to combat any immediate issues as opposed to discovering issues a year or two down the track on one platform.

I'm not happy about it either but to their defense I'am pretty sure only a small part of the team even can work on android. And if the others are done before the android guys are then it would only be smart to let them move on to the next project while the android team gets the android version done. Else it would be wasteful, and on their budget(which I'm guessing is not that big) I do not think they can allow waste of money because of a miscalculation on how much work was needed where.
    Other than that I do think that they should have relocated more resources(money and people) to the android than the other platforms since android would be the biggest challenge, but as said I think that that was only a mistake.

But as long as they throw me a bone(news) from time to time I'm all okay with yet another delay.
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    @Aron74 and @giantyak
    I'm also under the impression there isn't a hell of a lot of work to port BGEEII when you have BGEE. The engine is the difficult bit.

Though I will say, if this wasn't Baldur's Gate, I wouldn't have kept interest this long. Any other game and I'd probably only get it if I happened to notice it on Google Play. I think only a game this good and this nostalgic to people would have a chance surviving these delays.
  • funkybuddafunkybudda Member Posts: 6
    Aron740 said:

giantyak said:

I'm not happy about it either but to their defense I'am pretty sure only a small part of the team even can work on android. And if the others are done before the android guys are then it would only be smart to let them move on to the next project while the android team gets the android version done. Else it would be wasteful, and on their budget(which I'm guessing is not that big) I do not think they can allow waste of money because of a miscalculation on how much work was needed where.
    Other than that I do think that they should have relocated more resources(money and people) to the android than the other platforms since android would be the biggest challenge, but as said I think that that was only a mistake.

But as long as they throw me a bone(news) from time to time I'm all okay with yet another delay.
    with more android gamers think the way you do, more developers that make game first on iOS will continue that pattern, instead of starting development on the bigger user base.
    BG2 is finally out on iPad. I can't wait for Android.
  • bobruk74bobruk74 Member Posts: 5
    Bata is closed... whot now?