Skip to content

Android release date

Comments

• CountBorgulaCountBorgula Member Posts: 5
    Any ideas when the release date might be? Seems to have gone quiet for a while...
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    I think we wont hear anything before its just about ready. May be a week, and might be several months X)
  • SchnitzelSchnitzel Member Posts: 17
    I wish they trow some screenshots or something...
  • CountBorgulaCountBorgula Member Posts: 5
    I am very excited, and will wait patiently as long as it takes. Very thankful I have a Nexus 7 which may be the device most optimized for, based on the poll results :D
  • J_IrenicusJ_Irenicus Member Posts: 7
    Well I *am* the the one holding the hero captive, so I say :
    never! :P
  • maaramaara Member Posts: 10
    It already takes tooooo long :(
  • AmiciAmici Member Posts: 9

Android is now our top priority. Even with multiple game devs. and publishers telling us Android is a bad idea, we're making this happen.
    -Trent

Sweet! I hope it releases soon.. I'm hoping, praying for S pen support on the Galaxy Note 2 :D
  • YenooRYenooR Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 3
    Any update on when the release date is for Andriod?
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Again...nope :-(
    FYI - Trent tweeted today :

"The new file system work is now running on the Nexus 7. We've still got bugs to fix, but the end is in sight"

While that indeed IS good news, it can still mean weeks or months of waiting. Fixing bugs in software can be a lengthy and tiresome process. Hold on guys!
  • MatthewMatthew Member Posts: 21
    Progress, at least!
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    Woo an update... So nice to have a little bit of news, I mist come tot he forums at least twice a day to be disappointed...
  • ZalastaZalasta Member Posts: 1
    Don't let me down, i bought a Note 10.1 just for Baldur's Gate a time ago and there isn't even a release date..
  • LivsiLivsi Member Posts: 2
    I love bg but i have an android device, my friend has ipad but doesn't love bg. he can play - i can't. Where is justice?(
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    Looks like they are getting closer:

"We have it running here in a Nexus 7 it is currently in QA. Scott's playing with the Xoom right now."
  • chacu669chacu669 Member Posts: 6
    cmk24 said:

Looks like they are getting closer:

"We have it running here in a Nexus 7 it is currently in QA. Scott's playing with the Xoom right now."
    That sounds good. I can't wait to get it on my Note 10.1
    Livsi said:

I love bg but i have an android device, my friend has ipad but doesn't love bg. he can play - i can't. Where is justice?(

Agree. To this, I can only add : Butt kicking, for JUSTICE!
    "We're in testing on the Nexus 7 and Scott's been pushing builds to the Xoom steady. The new file system re-write is finished."

...sound promising...don't you think?
  • CobbwebCobbweb Member Posts: 26
    I wonders if they plan on single device releases or get a few devices working and release it?
  • chacu669chacu669 Member Posts: 6
    I hope they just go ahead and release it. If it's running on a couple of devices, it should be good **crossing fingers**
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    Oh....right.... Android version....

This is still a thing ?

I'd all but given up on it, considering how monumentally delayed it's become. I'm in two minds over purchasing it now, which is a shame considering i bought a Nexus specifically for BGEE.
  • AristilliusAristillius Member Posts: 873
    Er.. Its always been a thing? Took alot of time because they had to rewrite the renderer to get it to work on android.
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    edited April 2013
    And I don't really think it took all that long. As I said previously the Android version started development in late october last year and is now being tested, that's six months, or half the amount of time the Windows version was under development.
    mlnevese said:

And I don't really think it took all that long. As I said previously the Android version started development in late october last year and is now being tested, that's six months, or half the amount of time the Windows version was under development.

I agree and I understand, why you constantly remind us of this fact but...still...if you are waiting for the BGEE like for a rapture, then any single day of the delay is a pain.

Behold, all you faithful Android-owners! The end is nigh!
  • PataloonPataloon Member Posts: 1
    Which editor is financing the studio ? So many delays but they manage to keep the studio running. Impressive.
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Debt is an impressive thing until you get ur office stuff repoed ... but I have faith in the bloody coin tht is so loved by all those violent persons who loot the poor dead carcasses of meat cleaved bodies... IT is the peaceful kindly and Proper RULER OF ALL TIAX that alone rated to be amber crystal bound in 7 inch form- though his greatness obviously extends into the worlds father than the puny 7 inch picture.... I play very stupid RP games on my android Mithgard... something or other... got to level 3 on that and I believe was mildly interested enough to get to level 5 on another one Arcanium.. Atlanium... starts with an A supposedly the voted the best game ever... but it is a bit boring... the greatess of Baldurs gate was not the UI or the graphics it was the characters and D+D world... and of COURSE TIAX ....

NOW DEVELOPERS GET BUSY AND STOP SLEEPING LEST TIAX YELL AND CALL YOU SMART GUY WHEN HE IS OF OF COURSE WINNING ( tiax in fact coined the wins term before charlie sheen who obviously played tiax in BG)
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    How about now? Are we close to Android Duel Welding? When will Tiax be stalking with his mace for an overhead backclub attack on persons perusing the Law books section at Borders Books and Cafe?
    __________________________________________________________________________________

Nerd 1: "I sense a disturbance in the force. A Strong Dark Side mind is concentrating his Powers. Someone here in this Borders is delving into madness and Chaos!"

Nerd 2: Yes Yes it is that dapper looking James Bond Fellow with the Nexus android and cafe latte. Summon the Jedi we must put an end to his madness!

Nerd 3: "Yeah, and we need that corner table to play our Tragic the Harrowing RPG Card Game."
    Nah...Trent tweeted days ago, that they have some problems with performance on Androids. It's probably the strange file structure Androids have (everything is zipped). Apart from that, no news and I think it will still take at least several weeks.

In the meanwhile, look at him and Cam at the Canadian game expo.
  • ShullfinnShullfinn Member Posts: 12
    I don't care what they say; It shouldn't take this long. Not if they are working on it full time.

They've got one guy working on it a couple of hours a day. Every so often they tweet something, and the groupies lick it up.
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Golf season is here... I'll check back in October.