Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Dark Dreams of Furiae - a new module for NWN:EE! Buy now
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

Tales of the Underdark

1235713

Comments

  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2012
    As Ebnar kicks at the corpse of a fallen warrior a small metal glistening object falls from it. (Amulet unidentified).

    The rowdy adventurers begin down the first path and its not long before they hear the sounds of something heading right for them...

    Goblin kin of Garlash

    The party has an advantage as the Goblins(2) do not see them yet... they hear one of the Goblin men speak.. "Garlash is go'in tu hav r heads if vee don't loot dem bodys qwik"...

    Demeison is closest to the wall (hidden in the shadows).. The "Dwarf" and "Knight" stand near the front staring at the newly found treasure with wonder... And Tanis stands ready near the rear of the group his hands start to burn with rage...

    (DM) - end turn

  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    ooc:

    Are they clustered together?

    Or spaced out?

  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206

    ooc:

    Are they clustered together?

    Or spaced out?

    The Goblins (2) are walking side by side.

  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    edited December 2012
    Ebnar reaches down and snatches up the amulet, selfishly turning away so the rest of the group cant see it, he brings it close up to his face and inspects it closely, he rubs his chin trying to see if he can identify the strange amulet, however despite his best efforts its secrets elude him.

    "Bah! i cant be making heads or tails of the blasted thing! Got some magic in it that much i can tell.."

    He turns a eyes up Tanthalas.

    "Elf, be making yourself useful and identify this, thats what you wizard folk be good at aint it?"

    He tosses the Elf the amulet with some force, clearly frustrated at his inability to identify the item. His attention in quickly turned to the two golblins a short distance ahead of them, he licks his lips and spits.

    "Goblin filth! should of been knowing, aint no crevis them green skins aint crawled themselves into, hmm only two of em, i was hoping for something bigger, bah! no matter, where there be one there be more! Goblin stew for everyone!"

    The Dwarf raises his axe's and readys himself to charge.

    -Turn End-

  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Will Tanis identify amulet? Y or N

  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2012
    *looks at Ebnar as he starts to walk down the chosen path*

    "You WILL mind your tongue when you speak to me, dwarf, or "we done ere" will happen now instead of at the end of this journey. Do not presume to think that your underhanded threats or your backpedaling will help you elude my demand. We have enough to be wary about in this cave without your constant rude remarks and testing of patience. This is your FINAL warning."

    *draws morningstar and shield, holding each at his side while awaiting Ebnar's response, before noticing the sound of the two goblins ahead.*

    (Turn end, pending Dreyy's response.)

  • AshtoneAshtone Member Posts: 53
    Standing deep in the shadows, demeisen snorts softly to himself as the dwarf passes, engaged in yet another pointless argument with the cleric. It looks to him like the two may come to blows, and he shakes his head in wonder at there stupidity in trying to fight each other in a place like this...

    then he sees Ebnar lifting what looks like an amulet or necklace from the corpse he just stepped on. he can see that its covered in filth, yet through the dirt, he can see its glint of silver and gold. eyeing the amulet with avarice and rubbing his chin, he cheers himself with the thought that if his two foolish companions come to blows and end up killing each other? He smiled, that will be worth a fair price he was sure.

    He breaks from his Reverie as he hears a noise deeper in the tunnel and draws himself deeper into the shadows, the trinket forgotten for now, and sees two scrawny goblins turn the corner.

    he silently moves along the cavern walls watching the goblins approach his companions and carefully unslings and checks his crossbow, but he wont fire on these two, the squabbling fools should be able to deal with them without my aid he thinks

    Demeisen crouches in the shadows to the side and watches...

    (end turn)

    Knoland
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    IC:
    Tanis hung back deciding it would be best to let the Dwarf and Human deal with the two goblins, he instead focussed on Identifying the Amulet for Ebnar.

    "Identify"

    OOC:
    I would have tossed off a fireball at them, but only 2 seems like a waste of magic.

    Knoland
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Tanis looks deeply at the Amulet and casts a small spell of identify...

    Flynn's Amulet of Fire
    This Magical Amulet is made from copper and is set with a small fire opal. It is rumored that this amulet was created by a lost race that served Fire Giants in the distant past. Once per turn, it can be commanded to fire a small bolt of fire. Anyone hit by the fire takes 2d4 damage. (Only wizards and Elves may use this Amulet)

    Flynn's Amulet of Fire

    Tharadin and Ebnar square off as the two Goblins approach they are startled and freeze in their tracks...
    Demeison watches from the shadows waiting for a need for his response.

    Theradin attacks 1st Goblin... rolls (hit) damage (9) goblin still alive (injured)

    Ebnar attacks 2nd Goblin... rolls (hit) damage (7) goblin still alive (injured)

    (DM)- Turn End

  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Tanis' visage contorts into a pleased-yet-sadistic grin.

    "Well now. Isn't this situationally useful." He laughed.

    He stretched out his hand holding the amulet and focussed its energies on the second goblin, the one attacking Ebnar.

  • AshtoneAshtone Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    Demeisen remained crouching in the darkness, watching the combat unfold between the dwarf and cleric against the two goblins with intrest. He decided with a grin, he wouldn't want to be in those goblins filthy shoes right now, as they work there frustration out on them.

    he also keeps half an eye on the direction the goblins came from, just in case this racket alerts more goblins deeper in the cave.

    (end turn)

  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Ebnar growls viciously at Tanthalas, his teeth gritted and his eyes dark and crazed, he swings his axe out what seems like to attack Tharadin but twists it around and strikes the goblin heading his way, the creature hisses and groans as the axe slices into its stomach, however the Goblin manages to push himself backwards at the last moment narrowly missing the Dwarf severing him in half. Further angered at the Goblins dodge Ebnar shouts a blood curdling warcry and madly starts slashing wildly at the goblin, causing the creature to start a quicked pace backwards trying desperatly to avoid getting into axes arc.

    Ebnar eyes shift between the goblin and Tharadin, almost like he was trying to memorise the knights face and stick it onto the goblins.

    "YOU POX RIDDEN ARSE RAZING GUTTER LICKING MONGREL STINKING SORRY EXCUSE OF A WARRIOR...!!!"

    The Dwarf roars, its unsure if the insults were aimed at the goblin or Tharadin or both.

    -End Turn-

  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    *keeps an eye on Ebnar even as he swings overhand with his morningstar into the goblin, puncturing flesh and smashing bones simultaneously. Tharadin keeps his shield raised low and facing Ebnar, as they will undoubtedly be squaring off after this fight, hopefully for the last time.*

    *remains stoic and focused in the battle.*

    (Turn end)

  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    edited December 2012
    The Goblins Feel the wrath of the two warriors and for a brief moment the goblins looked at each other in disbelief that the two were even fighting them?! However the battle proved to be more of a slaughter in the end as Tharadin and Ebnar seemed to be competing for the hardest blow...

    Tharadin hits Goblin for (11) and the Goblin falls to the ground dead.. (a small key falls from the goblin)

    Tanis uses his amulet for (5) damage to the Goblin.. (Goblin badly injured)

    Ebnar strikes the Goblin square in face and once to the side for (8) the Goblin falls over dead and burnt.

    Tharadin and Ebnar receive 500 experience

    Tanis receives 500 experience

    Demeison receives 500 experience

    (The Goblins have no armor or weapons of any use to the party)


    You can hear the sounds of footsteps from behind you...

    (DM) - turn end

    Anduine
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    *I quickly pick up the key and put it in one of my pouches before turning to face Ebnar.*

    "Now then, dwarf, I believe I asked you a question, and I await your answer. We have a long journey ahead of us, and I have no intentions of suffering through both the dangers ahead AND your undisciplined mouth. I do not ask you to call me "sir" or "Lord" or any other such title. I simply ask that you show some decency and some of that dwarven wisdom, which is not alien to me. Dwarves are far from unseen in the city of Athkatla. As for the tolerance of the other companions, they may speak for themselves, though I imagine they would appreciate the same."



  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    sorry I forgot in Baldur's Gate experience is always divided up evenly.

  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    @Knoland: In Baldur's Gate, but not necessarily AD&D 2.0. Always keep in mind that the rules are more of a guideline anyhow, subject to the preferences of the DM.

    Knoland
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    @Anduine I will for now distribute a even amount of experience.

    Anduine
  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    (Friendly Message to the Players)

    As much fun as it is to venture fourth into the unknown while becoming the characters you have developed keep in mind actions and words may have consequences. Just as in real life we are all subject to the approval of others in group situations. Team work in a party should always be the number one goal and one that is shared by all. Feel free to converse in any manner that is in character to the player and remember no one is perfect in the Realms however it is our flaws that makes us stand apart from one another not our strengths.

    Anduine
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    Tanis interrupted Tharadin by stepping between him and the dwarven berserker.

    "Shhh! Now is not the time!" He gestured for silence, "Listen... footsteps..."

    He indicated the passage, and the approaching footsteps to his companions.

    Knoland
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    *sternly glares at Tanis*

    "Stand aside, Tanis. I have no intentions of adventuring or testing my mortality for one without a shred of respect or common decency. I will have his answer, one way or the other."

  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    "Something is coming you twice cursed fool!" Tanis hissed at the cleric, whereupon he fled into the shadows of the cavern as much as he could.

  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    edited December 2012
    Ebnar snarls at Tharadin, he tightens his axes in each hand, Tanthalas stands in between the two of them and points out approaching footsteps, Ebnar keeps his gaze locked on the knight for a few more moments, he turns his gaze down at the goblin he recently killed, lifts his axe up and severes its head, quickly it snatches it up and throws it at Tharadin, it bounces off his chest plate and rolls along the floor leaving a foul smelling blood stain splattred on his armor. Ebnar spits to one side.

    "Ye have me answer knight! .." he grizzles.

    "But i aint gonna let these two done get caught inbetween our dispute while there be threats about! for a knight ye be awful quick to endanger ye group, hmph! Be getting one thing straight prince charming..." he strolls past Tanthalas and steps up to Tharadin.

    "I dont be liking ye, i dont be liking ye views, ye attitude, ye faith or ye smell! but i done been doing this for a long time, an der be rules amongst adventurers, rule one is dont be killing off your group before a quest been done fool knight!!"

    He spits at Tharadin's feet.

    "I be here for treasure and loot, not friends! if ye be wanting us to hug n kiss it aint gonna be happening! ... but a Dwarf keeps his word, an i done said i got ye back ... for now, an dat be the plain of it! once we done ere i glady severe ye head from ye neck!"

    Ebnar turns and walks away, clammering up a small body mound, he turns his head and looks at Tharadin.

    "That not be good enough for ye, then ye can strike at me back, fer now i say agree to disagree, ye n me will have our moment of blood, but the rules of group state no blood till after questing be done, an unlike ye prince charming ive done followed them for centuries, ye hear me? CENTURIES! and nay be breaking them to put a pompous jackarse of a holy man in his place!"

    Ebnar twists his head up, he notices the footsteps getting closer, he scowls and quickly turns his gaze back at the knight, his glare cold and unforgiving, he twists the axe in his right hand, letting its glint sparkle off the dim light of the cavern.

    "Be deciding knight! we fight now or we get this mine looted and sacked n then settle our dispute! I be happy either way, but i can only be striking at ye if you take the first blow! such as the code does say"

    He jumps down behind the body of corpses, shuffling himself deep into the carcasses.

    "Ye humans are forever fools! bah!"

    He spits. tilting his head looking at the direction of the incoming footsteps, pressing himself deep admist the bodies. He keeps one loose eye to a side preparing for Tharadin to make an aggressive move.

    -End Turn-

    OOC: on a unrelated note, today starts my first two weeks off for christmas, and ive still got a ton of gifts to get, the christmas food to get and the relatives to pick up, including sweet old insane religious grandmother Selene who thinks im going to hell for getting a tattoo, but despite that i am happy to not have to worry about work for two weeks! no reason for saying this, just thought i would share my good mood haha.

  • KnolandKnoland Member Posts: 206
    Tanis gets behind Demeison and attempts to hide in shadows.. Unsuccessfully

    The Dwarf Ebnar tucks into the pile of bodies...

    Tharadin stands out in the open fresh goblin blood dripping from his armor...

    (DM) awaits Demeison and Tharadin turn...

    The footsteps grow louder...

  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2012
    *deflects the oncoming goblin head with his shield, and prepares for a charge.*

    *sighs after Ebnar finishes his speech*

    "I gave you chances. I tried to explain that I am not some knight bound by a code of law. I am not royalty. And above all, this place is dark and dangerous enough without your pompous, vile, angry, avarice-stricken, IMPOLITE AND UNDISCIPLINED MIND MAKING IT WORSE! I'VE HAD IT, DWARF! ON GUARD!"

    *Tharadin charges at Ebnar, keeping his shield raised low to bash him in the face before following up with an overhand morningstar strike.*

    Post edited by Anduine on
  • AshtoneAshtone Member Posts: 53
    edited December 2012
    Demeisen shifts his weight from foot to foot as he watches the fight draw to its predictable conclusion, with the two goblins slaughterd before the knight and berserker.
    After the second frazzeled and crushed goblin falls to the floor he begins Moveing silently closer to the scene hoping to investigate the two goblin corpses for any possible loot, he then stops and grins fatalistically as the two warriors yet again turn upon each other.

    Demeisen sighs to himself, and settles down to watch another, perhaps more evenly matched fight commence, when the elf Tanis rushes foward between the two with a warning of footsteps approaching from there back!

    turning toward the approaching footsteps he takes note of the dwarf burrowing into the mound of gore laden boddies and sees Tanis' artless attempt to move stealthily across from him.

    cursing softly, Demeisen sneaks amongst the bolders and debris near the corpse pile to see what new horror emerges...

    (end turn)

    Post edited by Ashtone on
  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    Ebnar sees the enraged Tharadin come charging at him, he growls and shifts his attention between him and the ever approaching footsteps, growing louder with each moment, they are close to being ontop of them, he pushes himself up from the corpses and stands firm, raising both axes in each hand preparing to strike the incoming knight.

    "Ye fool of a knight!" he hushly barks.

    Just as Tharadin is about to make contact, Ebnar relaxes his guard allowing the enraged knight to strike him square in the head, the blow cracks the dwarfs head back splitting a wound across his nose, Ebnar grabs his shield, Tharadin swings his morningstar around to hit the Dwarfs left side, Ebnar raises him arm allowing the weapon to strike into his ribs, the blow ripples through the Dwarfs body, a few of the spikes peirce through the chainmail in his armor, peircing his flesh causing the Dwarf to wince, quickly he lowers his arm catching Tharadin's weapon and hand against the Dwarfs plate mail, the blood seeping out from the wound. Jumping up Ebnar holds the knight in place and viciously twists him around throwing him into the mass of bodies, Tharadin fights viciously kicking and cursing to be let free. Ebnar plys all his weight on top of him and rams his left arm into the Knights mouth, Tharadin bits down hard, gnawing his teeth into the Dwarfs hairy arm, but making him unable to speak. With the Dwarfs heavy mass ontop of him and his arm firmly keeping the knight from yelling Ebnar pushes further into the Mass of corpses and ceases his movement, pretending to be another corpse, while Tharadin still trys to fight back but he is pinned to tightly against the rotting bodies and the heavy Dwarf. Ebnar grits his teeth and tilts his head as he notices the footsteps nearly on top of them.

    "Be silent ye fool! or ye be risking the whole group!" he venomously whispers.

  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    edited December 2012
    *As Tharadin is about to be pinned down into the bodies, his adrenaline surges and he grabs the dwarf's arm, relinquishing his hold, and throws Ebnar down onto the ground. Tharadin's arms now free, he raises his shield once more and prepares for a devastating morningstar blow, before deciding on a better action. Tharadin steps back many yards, and begins casting Hold Person on Ebnar. Should he fail to resist the spell, Tharadin shall be granted a coup de grace.*

    (Turn end)

  • DreyyDreyy Member Posts: 118
    edited December 2012
    Ebnar's eyes grow angered, he rolls back avoiding the oncoming shield strike, he grabs his axes as he does so but the wound he let Tharadin get in earlier went deeper than he thought, a trail of blood followed the Dwarf whereever he moved, the cut on his nose had begun to seep blood into the Dwarfs eyes, stealing some of his vision from him. He readys his weapons, this time there was no catching the knight off guard, or subduing him, Ebnar forms in a battle stance, preparing for a second attack, Its then he notices his back out in the open, there wasnt enough time to escape back into the bodies. The footsteps were now upon them both.

    -End Turn-

Sign In or Register to comment.