Skip to content

The Complete (?) quest entry buglist and many other things (updated v0.4599)

Comments

• PajeezyPajeezy Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I will be doing something in chapter 3, and I'll have maybe three or four quests listed there. After closing it out and going back in, it seems occasionally all or at least some of the quests just disappear, and not just from that chapter. They are nowhere under current or completed quests. Then after a little bit, I go back in to check something else, and they're back again.
    Pretty sure this isn't supposed to happen...Anyone else?
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • PerusoePerusoe Member Posts: 46
    There are several threads about this (including one from me) :blush:

The Journal Entries are not disappearing. The scrolling is screwed up. Sometimes the entries seem to disappear. Sometimes the scrollbar on the right side disappears. Then you can click around in the Journal and the scrollbar reappears with the entries, but some of the entries look like some of the lines are clipped. There's all kinds of buggy things going on in the Journal. Hopefully, it will be fixed soon.
  • VarkalasVarkalas Member Posts: 24
    (Current behavior)
    After completing quests Melicamp Restored and Melicamp's Transformation, encountering Kissiq afterwards results in the quest Madness Most Fowl appearing in the current Quests log.

(Expected behavior)
    The quest Madness Most Fowl should appear in Done Quests if having already encountered Melicamp and saving/destroying him.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • BattleBattle Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2012
    The same is happening to me:
    I have a ton of quests that I have completed, and basically nothing in the done quests section.

Some examples:
    Prism the Sculptor
    Dorn lkl-Khan (not even in my party anymore)
    Winter Wolf Pelts

Even updates from the same quest are appearing in the quest log like:
    Prisoner of the Gnolls and Rescuing Dynaheir - I have done both but they remain in the log.

I'm wondering if restarting the game with the new patch would fix this problem.
    Has anyone tried?

(Edit)
    ALSO, when I do quests they are not giving me the experience for completing them.
    Post edited by Battle on
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Adding this from another thread where I had posted it --

CURRENT BEHAVIOR: Once you get journal entries (example: "Troubles in the Region" entries from the Friendly Arm Inn talking about the iron shortage) if you ever decide to quit that game and re-load, or load a previous saved game, the minute you get a new entry for your journal, you suddenly get all the other entries that you had collected on your previous go through too... so even if you load an earlier save where you haven't yet talked to anyone that could give you that entry, the minute you get a single journal entry, you get every other entry you have ever gotten on the previous playthrough.

Here's an example. On a previous save I went to the Temple of Healing in the Friendly Arm and did some donations. By doing so I got a whole bunch of Journal Entries. I screwed up and donated too much (my evil peeps weren't pleased) so I reloaded and before going back to the temple, I decided to talk to Bentley. Note my journal before talking to him (Screenshot below)

Now once I talk to him, he's supposed to give me a single journal entry on either how the Iron Trade has slowed or talking of trouble down south. Should just be one entry right? Nope. It gives me back all my previous entries I got on my last game played, even tho I didn't save them and this is a totally different save... Really odd and annoying. Here's a pic of my journal after speaking to Bentley.

EXPECTED BEHAVIOR: Obviously, you should get the journal entries that people are supposed to give you, not every journal entry you may have ever gotten in a different play-through.

UPDATE: I have now had this problem many times. Definitely an issue.
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Prism can sneak back in the journal if you solve the quest but talk to an artist in the Carnival.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited December 2012
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • GizzardGizzard Member Posts: 13
    edited December 2012
    Hi,
    Not getting much form searching the forums so thought I should post. I'm sure that there are bugs with the journal. I'm still early in the game and am now in Beregost. There are times when it states "Journal entry added" and yet there is nothing in my journal (This happened after a conversation with Neera). Additionally I had a conversation with Perdue (Persue??) about his lost sword which is a quest I remember from years ago but it didn't mention anything added to my journal at all yet my journal updated this as a quest.

I think there are a couple of other occasions where I'm told my journal has been updated yet I cant see anything new.

Thanks in advance.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
  • GizzardGizzard Member Posts: 13
    aaaah that explains my lack of results. I figured these must have been raised. I'll read you links thoroughly. Thanks
  • MikePXPMikePXP Member Posts: 54

This bug was also in the original BG, if I recall correctly.

The original BG had no quest list. It had a journal and nothing was cleared once added. It was basically a log book.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Bump
  • mtyler11mtyler11 Member Posts: 20
    So I am just starting Chap 2 and already having issues/bugs
    Examples:
    Prisoner of the Gnolls
    Rescuing Dynaheir

despite the Complete quests page showing Dynaheir having been rescued and added to group.
  • Sese79Sese79 Member Posts: 478
    It's the same as with Officer Vai and Chloe. I you meet Chloe after you met the Officer the Quest entry remains at unsolved Quests.
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
    edited December 2012
  • MalbortusMalbortus Member Posts: 106
    edited December 2012
    Just a minor bug: after rescuing Melicamp, when you come across the NPC distressed by a talking chicken, you still get a journal entry "Madness Most Fowl", which cannot be closed as there is no more speaking poultry at that point.
    edited December 2012
  • dongsweepdongsweep Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2012
    I finished the Edwin quest to kill the lovely witch. It showed completed, went on, quicksaved a bit later, then reloaded my quicksave and the quest is now listed as active instead of completed even though she is still dead. Is this a bug for anyone else and does this happen on a lot of the quests? I don't think the game will be playable if a lot of the quests do not denote whether it is completed or active.

On another note, has anyone noticed "your party has gained an item" and then there is nothing new in your inventory?
    Post edited by dongsweep on
  • HootHoot Member Posts: 40
    Hi Guys,

It seems that there are a few quests that are still showing up in the "Quests" section even though they are completed, namely a couple surrounding Dynaheir (Prisoner of the Gnolls/Rescuing Dynaheir) and also Trouble in the Region and Prisms quest.

I know it seems minor but it really does affect my game, having only ever played BG2 (to the death, I might add) it's really annoying not to be able to track my completed quests easily.

Apologies if this has been posted before, the forums seem quite congested atm.

Hope this issue can be sorted soon!
  • BISHDPBISHDP Member Posts: 19
    I have the same issue. My journal has five or six quests listed in the current section but only two are actually active.
  • memememememememe Member Posts: 2
    Maybe a scrolling problem? Here's what I had:

New char, in Chapter one I notice my Jourmnal is empty, both quests and done quests (even though I got - and solved - quests). Switching to "Prologue", "Done Quests" has some items. I expand one, scroll up&down a bit, now all other quests appear normally again.

Hope this helps for you too (and maybe the BGEE guys to fix it...).

If you still have the issue and it persists when saving exiting and reloading, you might want to attach a save file.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    working on next update
    edited December 2012
    minor updates again
    Post edited by ankheg on
  • James93James93 Member Posts: 25
    All the quests in the Prologue i could complete, i think you just missed some things.
    I can't find Landrin to start the Quests about spiders, i've killed the spiders and know there was a quest for it, but where's Landrin? lol i've checked everwhere in the Town.
    edited December 2012
    James93 said:

All the quests in the Prologue i could complete, i think you just missed some things.
    I can't find Landrin to start the Quests about spiders, i've killed the spiders and know there was a quest for it, but where's Landrin? lol i've checked everwhere in the Town.

I didn't wrote about any problems in the prologue, just a minor request. Landrin is in the FAI, upper level.
  • SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    @James93

She's on the 3rd floor of the Friendly Arm Inn